Yuck On The Kid's Menus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet, despite all that, the upgrade is not economically viable. IT is incredibly expensive sometimes.

Yes, it can be very expensive. So is plumbing and electrical work. But these things are vital to keep the place operational. So is a computer system that works well.

I think it is fair to assume that their changes always make sense, based on their objectives, if not yours.

You are absolutely right. It makes perfect sense to serve quesadillas and PB&J to children at a pizza restaurant. Don't know why I didn't see that before.

That's not Disney. That's outside the theme parks. Remember, the reason that there is no hamburger at Pecos Bill's is likely not because of the cost differential, but rather because of guest purchasing behaviors. It seems to me that you'd have an easier time getting what you want by changing guest behaviors. :rotfl:

I believe Lewis is correct. Disney isn't selling kids' burgers at Pecos Bill's or kids' pizza at Pizzafari because this is how they have chosen to discourage adults from ordering kids' meals for themselves.

Interesting question, but I believe wholly irrelevant. That suite was created almost exclusively as a marketing expense, like painting the castle pink (and it probably didn't cost as much as painting the castle pink! :))

Not irrelevant at all. I was giving an example of Disney spending a TON of money on something rather frivolous that may not necessarily be an improvement to long-term shareholder value. Temporarily painting the castle pink certainly wasn't an improvement to shareholder value -- I saw pictures and it was hideous, thank goodness it was temporary. If Disney spends a ton of money on making queues accessible for disabled guests, or needs to fix the plumbing in 50 bathrooms, or bring their "incredibly antiquated" computer system up to date, those are just necessary operating expenses. Evidently Disney feels they should keep using an old, outdated system because it's too expensive to upgrade. But there is money in the budget for thousands of gallons of pink paint and hand-set mural mosaics of Italian glass. That's like saying I don't have enough money to pay my utility bills, but look at this great pair of diamond earrings I bought.

You can say whatever you wish. That doesn't make it true. The truth requires facts, and Disney has the facts, none of us do (although apparently dawnball is "close" to the truth ;)).

Nope, whatever I say clearly makes no sense at all to you. You've disagreed with virtually every point I've made. :)

We were after our visit last year. (Sorry, but our little ones were satisfied, and so we said so.)

No need to apologize -- that's your opinion, you are certainly entitled to it. Rather, your kids are entitled to their opinion, if they were the ones who were asked. Did you ever ask your kids if they would prefer a sloppy joe or a hamburger? Or a quesadilla or PB&J, instead of a slice of pizza at a pizza restaurant?

No, they're going to ask about satisfaction with meal choices every time, no matter what.

Well, that's a relief. Just in case they don't ask me my opinion, I'll send them an email, so my vote will be counted, too. Although...I don't think my vote actually did count last election...:rolleyes1

So? I'm not sure what you're saying here...

Menus will always change. There is good PR value in making menu changes to offer more appealing items, just like there is good PR value in making menu changes that are "healthy" choices. But, I'm sure you will disagree with that as well. :)

No, you did a fine job :teeth: But you made several points, including that there is "no upgrade in sight because it isn't economically viable". Your friend's husband has described the Disney dining computer system as "amazingly antiquated" and has indicated that it is extremely difficult to add or change menu items. The CM server I chatted with described the system as ancient and a pain to use. Guests are continuing to abuse CS credits because the computer system allows them to do so -- and report that CM's not only allow them to do so, but encourage it. Why? Is it because the cashiering is such a hassle?
I suspect that CMs encourage it because it's a CM's job to make visitors happy and because they haven't considered the downside to the company. That's why Disney had to enact the policy that on any given transaction you couldn't exceed the number of adult CS meals encoded on your card.
An average adult CS meal with a beverage costs $12.50. The average kids' CS meals runs $4.50. That means, face value, Disney is losing $8 in revenue for every kids' credit that is redeemed for an adult meal.

Ah, no. That means that Disney makes an extra $8 in revenue for every kid's meal that is upgraded to an adult meal by a cash-paying person. (I'm ignoring production and materials cost differential here, to make the numbers easy.) Disney loses no revenue at all if a kid's credit is redeemed for an adult meal. They have higher costs associated with the meal, but revenue from the dining plan is fixed. Net profits do go down, but by nowhere near $8.

Upgrading their dining computer system would have significant benefits despite the cost.
The process would take years and probably cost close to as much as Expedition Everest. That's a lot of kid's meals. And it's something that your average guest will *never* be aware of.
But...in order for the guests to buy in to the ME idea and give up the convenience and freedom of having their own car, Disney made the ME pleasant, free, friendly, convenient, inviting... If they had broken down buses with uncomfortable seats, rude baggage handlers, and surly drivers, then would stop using the ME service.
I'm pretty sure that they just had to make it cheap to get most people to use it. You have to make it pleasant because otherwise it sours the "Disney Experience". Since Disney provides the transportation it gets lumped in with the overall experience, just like internal transportation does.
It's odd...at home, we feed our children the same foods we eat, and wouldn't normally cook them something "substandard" unless it's what they really wanted -- like a burger when we grill steak for adults. And we wouldn't feed them poor quality burger simply because it's cheap and they are just kids. A lot of the stuff on those menus? I wouldn't eat it, especially not for a solid week -- wouldn't expect my children to, either.
Well, we don't feed our daughter substandard food because it's cheap either. However, there are many, many times she gets food I couldn't bring myself to eat because she *wants* it. She would much rather have a cheese quesadilla than pizza (and that's her usual substitute when we make pizza at home). Sticks of veggies and sticks of meat to dip in sauce is right up her alley, but I couldn't get her to eat a hamburger if she was starving. I might very well feel differently when she's 9 - but at 3, the kid's meals fit as well as can be hoped.

It may be that I'm a picky eater, but I can't bring myself to eat Disney counter service very frequently. It's just unpleasant and while the quality isn't low for what it is I prefer a diet much high in organic and whole foods. I don't find the kid's options to be any less pleasant. As it happens, my allergies prevent me (and my DD) from eating much on Disney property so it all works out nicely for me. ;)

That's like saying I don't have enough money to pay my utility bills, but look at this great pair of diamond earrings I bought.

A much better analogy is "I don't have the money to remodel my kitchen so that I can spend more more hours working, but I just bought new clothes for the office so I don't look scruffy"

Really - the current system is old and crufty but it *works*. There's no guarantee that a new system would be better, just newer. And you'd have to train everyone on it, and find out all the fiddley little bugs and there would be a wailing and gnashing of teeth as all the loopholes that were undocumented in the old version disappeared so that people could find new loopholes.

And I don't think that it would actually prevent people from misusing credits. They'd just have to be more creative. Use only child credits somewhere without a child's menu for example and then use all those adult credits they saved to buy adult CS meals for their kids.

The thing is that it's really hard to enforce honesty beyond a certain point and if they have to try too hard to enforce honesty they're more likely to get a meal plan like DL has which is based purely on dollars spent.

Yes, it can be very expensive. So is plumbing and electrical work. But these things are vital to keep the place operational. So is a computer system that works well.
No, not really. They can still operate successfully with the existing computer system. IT always is a ******* step-child.

You are absolutely right. It makes perfect sense to serve quesadillas and PB&J to children at a pizza restaurant. Don't know why I didn't see that before.
You do realize that sarcasm is an infraction on the DISboards, right? :goodvibes Putting that aside, the point is that your disrespect for their decisions doesn't make you right; indeed, arguably, it makes you wrong. Anyone can disagree with them, but legitimately there is no a leg to stand on saying that a fan's decisions are better than the company manager's decisions. Yes, they're not perfect, but then neither am I, neither are you, and neither is anyone else -- none of us are. So to say that they're objectively wrong in a specific decision is indefensible, given they have the data that they based the decision on and the rest of us don't.

I believe Lewis is correct. Disney isn't selling kids' burgers at Pecos Bill's or kids' pizza at Pizzafari because this is how they have chosen to discourage adults from ordering kids' meals for themselves.
Absolutely. Change guest behaviors and you can have your child hamburger back.

Not irrelevant at all. I was giving an example of Disney spending a TON of money on something rather frivolous
Let me stop you there. Marketing expenses are explicitly NOT "rather frivolous".

that may not necessarily be an improvement to long-term shareholder value.
You say that based on what? We can only speculate -- they actually KNOW.

Temporarily painting the castle pink certainly wasn't an improvement to shareholder value -- I saw pictures and it was hideous
That's YOU. I think that's really the problem with a lot of the things you write: You're making judgments on your own gut feel, instead of based on objective evidence. Please just say you don't like things, rather than saying that they're wrong.

Evidently Disney feels they should keep using an old, outdated system because it's too expensive to upgrade. But there is money in the budget for thousands of gallons of pink paint and hand-set mural mosaics of Italian glass. That's like saying I don't have enough money to pay my utility bills, but look at this great pair of diamond earrings I bought.
No, it isn't. You want that to be true, because you don't like what they're spending their money on. However, when you're talking about right and wrong, what they should or shouldn't do, you must make those determinations (1) strictly in the context of their objectives, not yours, and (2) in the context of the information that they have and we don't. #1 is especially off-target: It is like me telling you that you're wrong because you're doing things that violate the precepts of Pantheism. You're not a Pantheist (are you?) so I have no right to judge you based on my beliefs.

Nope, whatever I say clearly makes no sense at all to you. You've disagreed with virtually every point I've made. :)
Yes, and as I mentioned before I think that's because you're making statements of "right" and "wrong" based on your own preferences, instead of making statements of "like" and "don't like". I definitely do have a problem with folks saying that the company is making bad decisions because they, themselves, aren't happy with those decisions. I see those as indefensible assertions.

Did you ever ask your kids if they would prefer a sloppy joe or a hamburger?
It never came up.

Just in case they don't ask me my opinion, I'll send them an email, so my vote will be counted, too.
That's not how normalized surveys work. Normalized surveys ensure a randomly-selected pool of voters. Unsolicited feedback is ignored. Unsolicited feedback is good for gleaning ideas for new products or services, but not for gleaning actionable information regarding the quality of current offerings.

Menus will always change. There is good PR value in making menu changes to offer more appealing items, just like there is good PR value in making menu changes that are "healthy" choices. But, I'm sure you will disagree with that as well. :)
No, not on the surface. I think you just need to acknowledge that not everyone has the same perception of "appealing" and also that the effect of the changes (such as fostering more abuse, as Lewis alluded to) have to be factored into whether or not to make specific changes.

And I don't think that it would actually prevent people from misusing credits. They'd just have to be more creative. ... The thing is that it's really hard to enforce honesty beyond a certain point and if they have to try too hard to enforce honesty they're more likely to get a meal plan like DL has which is based purely on dollars spent.
Indeed. I wasn't really joking when I suggested that we need to change guest behaviors. If we don't want Disney dining to go completely down the drain, we really need to get people to stop being violators; and stop driving the system to the lowest common denominator.

My husband says he married because I'm smart. But, quite honestly, I'm not all that smart. I don't look at what the computer system is costing Disney. I don't look at the fact that in order for them to change their menus to make people enjoy them, it would cost money. No, when I look at Disney, I look at the things that make me happy. The dining plan made me happy. We loved the variety, and we trying new restaurants. Now I look at it that while DH and I will get to try new things, the kids will be eating the same thing over and over.

As a consumer, I fail to see where it doesn't make some sense just a little bit that if you go to a pizza place, you get pizza. If you go to a burger place, you get a burger. And, as a consumer, I DON'T CARE what reasons Disney might have for not serving them there. As a consumer, it just doen't make sense. If I took my family to Pizza Hut, and DH and I got a pizza and decided to get the kids a kid's meal, and they were offered a PB&J sandwich it would be laughable. But, at Disney they feel it's okay.

Really, DH is very mislead in his thinking I am smart. Just not the case at all. I don't have data to support what I think. I can throw a bunch of big words out there and say why this is this way. I'm just the consumer who pays A LOT OF MONEY to enjoy a vacation. Really, it's an insane amount of money that we spend on Disney trips. If I truly were smart, I'd spend it on other things. But, I love taking my family to Disney. I just don't understand why they made this decision to have all these wonderful opportunities for different foods and feel that my children should be left out of the experience.

Well, actually, with respect I think you probably do "understand" why they made this decision, or at least why they probably made this decision. After reading this thread everyone has to understand that. However, I get what you mean: It doesn't resonate with your consumer sensibility. The explanations, while logical and rational, are neither satisfying nor pleasing. Such-is-life. Sigh.

You do realize that sarcasm is an infraction on the DISboards, right? :goodvibes

I am incredulous. And speechless (only momentarily...being speechless doesn't last long for me). But at this point in this conversation, that's probably for the best.

It is like me telling you that you're wrong because you're doing things that violate the precepts of Pantheism. You're not a Pantheist (are you?) so I have no right to judge you based on my beliefs.

I do not discuss religion publicly on message boards, unless it happens to be a message board devoted to religious discussion.

Unsolicited feedback is good for gleaning ideas for new products or services, but not for gleaning actionable information regarding the quality of current offerings.

Ah, that's my problem, then. I'm an idea person. Or perhaps an idealist. It's not right for a woman to read. Soon she starts getting *ideas*, and *thinking*...

You are absolutely right, everything I write is my own idea, my own opinion, based how I feel as a consumer. And I'm obviously not alone because others have stated they feel exactly the same way. But what we think and feel is completely irrelevant. As long as Disney is making money, every decision they make is right, because it is making money and is an improvement to long-term shareholder value. I can take my vacation dollars and spend them elsewhere, but there will be a thousand people lined up to take my place, whether or not their kids eat jello.

Ugh, my stomach hurts now. Sadly, this is the first time in months that I am no longer looking forward to my vacation at Walt Disney World.

I am incredulous. And speechless (only momentarily...being speechless doesn't last long for me). But at this point in this conversation, that's probably for the best.
It was a joke, eh? (Didn't you see the smiley?) :goodvibes

I do not discuss religion publicly on message boards, unless it happens to be a message board devoted to religious discussion.
Not a bad policy, but please do understand that for many people, their religious values color their perspectives with regard to every issue.

Ah, that's my problem, then. I'm an idea person. Or perhaps an idealist.
Well, let's be clear: There is a place for each type of feedback: Normalized feedback for reliable, qualitative information, and unsolicited feedback for ideas. A good business needs both. It just shouldn't "cross the streams" (as the Ghostbusters say).

It's not right for a woman to read. Soon she starts getting *ideas*, and *thinking*...
Huh?

One last thing... remember that the objective is for folks to enjoy their vacations better. I believe that's supported better by knowing what to expect, rather than expecting what you want.

My husband says he married because I'm smart. But, quite honestly, I'm not all that smart. I don't look at what the computer system is costing Disney. I don't look at the fact that in order for them to change their menus to make people enjoy them, it would cost money. No, when I look at Disney, I look at the things that make me happy. The dining plan made me happy. We loved the variety, and we trying new restaurants. Now I look at it that while DH and I will get to try new things, the kids will be eating the same thing over and over.

As a consumer, I fail to see where it doesn't make some sense just a little bit that if you go to a pizza place, you get pizza. If you go to a burger place, you get a burger. And, as a consumer, I DON'T CARE what reasons Disney might have for not serving them there. As a consumer, it just doen't make sense. If I took my family to Pizza Hut, and DH and I got a pizza and decided to get the kids a kid's meal, and they were offered a PB&J sandwich it would be laughable. But, at Disney they feel it's okay.

Really, DH is very mislead in his thinking I am smart. Just not the case at all. I don't have data to support what I think. I can throw a bunch of big words out there and say why this is this way. I'm just the consumer who pays A LOT OF MONEY to enjoy a vacation. Really, it's an insane amount of money that we spend on Disney trips. If I truly were smart, I'd spend it on other things. But, I love taking my family to Disney. I just don't understand why they made this decision to have all these wonderful opportunities for different foods and feel that my children should be left out of the experience.

Madi, very well said. Guess I'm not too smart either -- if I was smart, I would have invested my money instead of spending it on this vacation. :laughing: Oh well, I intend to go and have fun anyway.

IMO, I wish they would up the price of the kids dining plan and let them have the option of a burger/pizza and a decent dessert. I for one would be willing to pay the extra cost. I was willing to pay for an adult dining plan for my 8 year old but didn't want to have to upgrade the cost of the tickets. I figured my OOP on meals would be a lot less than doing that. That being said, I plan to use most of the child CS credits for a childs CS breakfast at Roaring Forks. We'll order double cheeseburgers and an extra bun for our CS lunch. I figure three desserts will be enough for us to share. We usualy don't get dessert with our CS anyway. I definitely won't let it ruin my trip. We're gonna' have a blast and I'm sure, more food than we can eat.

Ah, that's my problem, then. I'm an idea person. Or perhaps an idealist. It's not right for a woman to read. Soon she starts getting *ideas*, and *thinking*...

You are absolutely right, everything I write is my own idea, my own opinion, based how I feel as a consumer. And I'm obviously not alone because others have stated they feel exactly the same way. But what we think and feel is completely irrelevant. As long as Disney is making money, every decision they make is right, because it is making money and is an improvement to long-term shareholder value. I can take my vacation dollars and spend them elsewhere, but there will be a thousand people lined up to take my place, whether or not their kids eat jello.

Ugh, my stomach hurts now. Sadly, this is the first time in months that I am no longer looking forward to my vacation at Walt Disney World.[/QUOTE

ITA!

We have been enjoying our trips to WDW since they opened the doors, but the food has gone downhill so much in the last 3 or 4 years that our trips are no longer the "high" it use to be. Thank goodness for other food options.

I have read this whole thread and unfortunately there are some people who will gladly swallow swill and still call it "fine dining".

Katiebell, do not let anything that is said on a message board give you a stomach ache. Especially when were just talking about kids meal choices! Of course your excited about your trip to WDW, don't be silly.:goodvibes Your just a good parent who wants their child to enjoy themselves as much you at mealtime!
Let me tell you I'm a New Yawka & if I tried to give my little italian 4 yr old DS some cold pieces of chicken while I ate pizza....fuggettaboutit!!
Like I said I'm from N.Y. so I'm too spoiled to eat that "pizza" anyway!:snooty:
I love Diney World, I love the DDP, I wouldn't eat SF jello, &
mickey shouldn't either since lab tests show artificial sweeteners cause tumors in mice!:scared1:
Have a great trip,:banana: get the kids a mickey bar :cool1: & come to N.Y to give your kids pizza! :rotfl:

The prior, lower end dining plan, became nothing more than a pre-paid discount. I don't remember the exact numbers but you paid something like $20/day and in turn go a credit worth $25 worth of food.

This plan is far more successful. I think it's more likely Disney will revise the menus and policies to accomplish the same goal.

Part of the problem with the kids menu pricing is Disney is trying to have it both ways. If the kids menu was free, or even something like $1, there wouldn't be any question that kids older than the age indicated aren't allowed to order from that menu, at that price. Conversely if Disney priced the kids menu based solely on the smaller portions, maybe $1-$1.50 discounts then Disney wouldn't care if adults ordered from the kids menu. The kids menu are expensive enough so many guests believe the discount is being given due to the smaller portion size. At the present pricing many honest guests adults don't have a problem ordering off the kids menu. Disney's solution, just make the kids menu unattractive to adults, is a compromise.

Cash guests can just spend the exta couple of dollars for an adult burger. The kids dining plan, at $11, is a steal. The snack is worth $3-$4. Just pay cash for an occasional CS meal.

Bicker-I'm not sure what the problem is with the dining computer system. It might not be worth the expense just to separate credits but many times a business looks doesn't spend the money to make improvements because the payback results don't show up in one or two years. We don't have enough information to know if Disney is right or wrong. You had a problem with snack credits. I don't know if that is also a computer issue but there is a cost associated with having to correct mistakes. I know there are problems with the resort reservation system. That system is being re-done. I don't know if the dining system is part of that change.

Indeed. I wasn't really joking when I suggested that we need to change guest behaviors. If we don't want Disney dining to go completely down the drain, we really need to get people to stop being violators; and stop driving the system to the lowest common denominator.

It was a joke, eh? (Didn't you see the smiley?) :goodvibes

I got officially reprimanded here once for sarcasm -- when I made a joke, referencing only myself, about reusing refillable mugs on another trip being akin to reusing buffet plates on another day. I accepted that just fine...but then I started reading some of the truly horrible things some people say to each other here and...again, I'm incredulous.

Not a bad policy, but please do understand that for many people, their religious values color their perspectives with regard to every issue.

My spiritual beliefs infuse everything I do in my life. "Treat others the way you yourself wish to be treated" and "what you do will come back to you" are basic tenets in virtually all of the world's religions.

Well, let's be clear: There is a place for each type of feedback: Normalized feedback for reliable, qualitative information, and unsolicited feedback for ideas. A good business needs both. It just shouldn't "cross the streams" (as the Ghostbusters say).

I am neither normal, nor reliable. However, it appears I am just full of unsolicited ideas.

It's not right for a woman to read. Soon she starts getting *ideas*, and *thinking*...

That was a quote. About ideas. Gaston to Belle. Beauty and the Beast.

One last thing... remember that the objective is for folks to enjoy their vacations better. I believe that's supported better by knowing what to expect, rather than expecting what you want.

I know what to expect at DL, and have never been disappointed. I go to WDW with those same expectations. It's not that I expect what I want; it's that Disney has always given me what I want (a wonderful vacation), so I have come to expect that. If those expectations weren't consistently met, I wouldn't keep going back -- with those same expectations.

Katiebell, do not let anything that is said on a message board give you a stomach ache. Especially when were just talking about kids meal choices! Of course your excited about your trip to WDW, don't be silly.:goodvibes Your just a good parent who wants their child to enjoy themselves as much you at mealtime!
Let me tell you I'm a New Yawka & if I tried to give my little italian 4 yr old DS some cold pieces of chicken while I ate pizza....fuggettaboutit!!
Like I said I'm from N.Y. so I'm too spoiled to eat that "pizza" anyway!:snooty:
I love Diney World, I love the DDP, I wouldn't eat SF jello, &
mickey shouldn't either since lab tests show artificial sweeteners cause tumors in mice!:scared1:
Have a great trip,:banana: get the kids a mickey bar :cool1: & come to N.Y to give your kids pizza! :rotfl:

Thank you 3jsmommy :hug: I just needed some toast...my stomach ache went away :laughing:

And I think I'm a pretty good parent, but my sons are 23, 21, and 16 now :rotfl2: I don't even have grandchildren yet (although middle son has a pretty serious GF now...) But I remember what it was like taking kids to DL and not being able to afford to eat in the parks, or the prices being so high for crummy food. We ate off site a lot, and brought snacks from a cooler in our hotel room.

But now the kids are grown, and money isn't so tight. The DDP seems like it will be a great value, and will work very well for DH and me. If I had kids with me that were 9 and under, I'd just get creative (I obviously have absolutely no clue about how to run a gigantantic, impersonal, billion dollar corporation, but I am creative :teeth: and fairly sensible) while still staying within the rules (because I try to be honest). I suspect there is a huge amount of "plate waste" with the kids' meals, just like so many school cafeteria items that end up in the garbage. :rolleyes: And the parents just share with their kids, or order extra things for them -- it's what I'd do.

Hmm...the toast helped my stomach, but now I need coffee for my head :headache:

IMO, I wish they would up the price of the kids dining plan and let them have the option of a burger/pizza and a decent dessert.

That is exactly what they would have to do.

And if you don't mind if they upped the price, maybe you will understand that now you need to spend a little more out of pocket to ensure the kids have the food they want, because that's the way it's currently set up.

I dislike the dining plan personally. I don't like what it's done to the offerings in the restaurants and to the prices for those not using the dining plan, and I don't like the overcrowding. But I am far from the typical Disney World visitor demographic, and I am sure Disney loves the overcrowding. I'm not a parent and for myself, I don't really care what's on the kids menus (although I hope they keep the cold chicken, I order it sometimes). And the dining plan isn't going away, so it's time to learn to work around it.

Katiebell,
I guess the kids can come to N.Y. by themselves for pizza!:rotfl: Glad you feel better! Maybe by the time you start getting those grandchildren Disney will have better choices on the kids menus for them.:rotfl2:
I better be careful about the sarcastic comments also. (again I'm a New Yorker, we've perfected the art!);)

Ugh, my stomach hurts now. Sadly, this is the first time in months that I am no longer looking forward to my vacation at Walt Disney World.

No, you must always look forward to your Disney vacation. It's my favorite place in the world, and I think mostly because it allows me to plan at such an intensive level. I LOVE it! There are such magical things to find and to experience. And, sometimes I don't understand why Disney makes the decisions they do. And, with the dining plan, I honestly don't. I don't understand why they would makes the choices unappealing. It's funny that a place that won't let a cast member from Tomorrowland be seen in Fronterland or have the same type of garbage can in each land, would have a pizza place with no pizza for children.

But still, I am so looking forward to my Disney vacation, and I remain passionate about it. As of right now, their magical moments still outweight the ones that don't make sense.

I would have the same complaint were it not for an 11 year old son who is an "adult" where Disney is concerned for food but he LOVES high class eatin' like chicken nuggets & mac and cheese. ;) My second ds, 8, has to pick the kiddie meals but longs for steak, unique foods, bigger portions. It usually works out as they share food even at TS restaurants.

And once in a while mom will suck it up and eat the kiddie fare so the 8 year old can get a burger or what have you. My own version of the Disney Diet :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter