Yet another Half Board question!!

petentaz

Mouseketeer
(surly Disney must realise that they need to put out more info)

We have just booked 4 nights/ 5 days holiday and have half board plus.

Today we recieved the confirmation from DLP which only has 4 days half board.

We arrive Monday at 13:00 and leave Friday 18:00....

We want to eat at the following

Cafe Mickey, Auberge de Cendrillon and Rendez Vous des Stars.

Obviously we will need to use the half board plus at face value for some of these.......

Any suggestions for the best way to use them?

Pete n Taz

You only get one voucher per night which is why you only have 4 vouchers

From the restaurants you mentioned you will have to pay extra towards Auberge and Cafe Mickey.

We're the same Monday to Friday on half board plus vouchers (4 vouchers) but are probably going to stick to the Hotel restaurants to eat in and go for buffets.

We have just booked 4 nights/ 5 days holiday and have half board plus.

Today we recieved the confirmation from DLP which only has 4 days half board.

Hi and welcome to DIS :wave:

You get vouchers for each night of your stay so 4 is correct. Agree that the HB option is confusing with little information from Disney, I have since returning from our recent trip brought up an issue with them regarding HB vouchers and staff training in their use and validity. I'm still waiting for a reply.

Rendezvous des Stars is covered by HB standard vouchers, if you are going to pay for one meal, perhaps you would be best doing it for this one and using your vouchers at the more expensive restaurants covered in full, with the exception of Auberge for which you will have to use them at face value.

As the voucher prices and some restaurants are changing in April, I don't want to give you the wrong info on what's covered, but I'm sure someone will have the new list. :)

I'd just add you can prepay certain character meals in addition to the half board meal plan if you are there longer on departure day and want to have all your meals pre paid.

The details are in the dlrp brochure but I think cafe mickey is £24 an adult pre pay for the 30 euro set menu so a saving.

Hi all

Thanks for the replies, weve been to DLP before but this is the first time with the half board. Bit confussing but I am sure it will become clear when we get there and use them.

pete

Hi all

Thanks for the replies, weve been to DLP before but this is the first time with the half board. Bit confussing but I am sure it will become clear when we get there and use them.

pete

Welcome to the DIS :thumbsup2

Same for us next month, never done half board before, I'm going to upgrade to HB+.

We're going for five nts and would like to try Cafe Mickeys, Walts, The Steakhouse (in the village), Cheyenne buffet and either Annettes or The Silver Spur.
I agree that there is little info from Disney re: halfboard, you buy it with your package but they send you no info about it. Thank goodness for the DIS:thumbsup2

we are gonna go for half board plus next time as well. with the exception of cafe mickey we are gonna stick to restaraunts that are on that plan to get the most for our vouchers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter