Year of Million Dreams -- anyone else get something yet? Post your wishes won here!

Subbing! In dire need of positivity and pixie dust at the moment. :goodvibes

You know how sometimes at EPCOT they open the park and let everyone in halfway through Futureworld, then you have to wait behind the ropes until official opening time? We were in the front next to the ropes and asked a CM if he had any Donald Duck pins to trade (we have a little obsession with the Duck :teeth: ) he said sorry no, and disappeared. We didn't think any more of it until he came back a few minutes later and announced that he couldn't find anyone with Donald pins besides the ones we already had. He had checked with his fellow CM's and some of the guests looking for pins for us! I thought that was sweet.

We saw him later in the day while walking around the park, and he checked to see if we had found any new Donald pins. :wizard:

Not YOAMDs, but it made our day!

Can't wait to see what everyone wins!

Not a YOMD surprise, but a nice sprinkling of pixie dust we received during a visit a few years ago. Toward the end of the day at MK, we found ourselves still wanting to ride BTMRR and SM but, because of the wait times & fast pass return times, there was no way we could do both before we'd have to vacate the park so MNSSHP could take place.

As we stood and debated which to skip, a BTMRR cast member on the sidewalk below the ride entrance asked if we needed help finding something (we must have looked confused while we conferred). We said no, explaining our dilemma and asking her opinion. She heartily recommended BTMRR since that was her ride but told us to wait for just a minute. She walked down the sidewalk to SM (we thought perhaps to get a closer gauge on the wait time) and came back a few minutes later and presented us with SM fastpasses with no time restriction. She sent us to enjoy BTMRR & we got to enjoy SM right afterward thanks to her.

It wasn't a cruise or a vacation or a stay in the castle, but that small little fastpass really made our day! I think it's these little gestures that really are what this YOMD celebration is about and should be about. So many are fixated on the big prizes that they lose sight of how special a small gift can be!

MartDM said:
I think it's these little gestures that really are what this YOMD celebration is about and should be about. So many are fixated on the big prizes that they lose sight of how special a small gift can be!

Yes! The little things are just the best! Not that I would turn down a night in Cinderelaa castle. ;)

lillygator said:
These are great!

I think my dream job would be a "wish grantor" at Disney! How fabulous that would be!

I have to agree with you. That would be my ideal job when I retire in 7 years!!! Keep these stories coming.

I just love the dis...

Subscribing to read about all these cool Wishes. My daughter, son in law and grandson arrives on Thursday. I am so excited for them. I get to go in November :cool1:

MassMom94 said:
We were there a month ago and I can confirm that there is normally a $2 charge for Mickey ear personalization...they have a big sign on the counter. I do think this may be relatively recent - I bought a pair of golden ears at the WL Mercantile store, and the CM there told me I could take it to the Chapeau in MK for free personalization. I did take it, but the personalization cost $2. The CM there was actually a little apologetic - "I'm going to have to charge you $2 for this" - even though I never mentioned anything about the WL CM telling me it was free.

They started charging $2 almost a year ago. Many of the CMs who don't work in the park, don't hear these things.

I hope that I see a million people surprised during my Thanksgiving trip-that would be a gift to me!

Thanks OP for starting this thread! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to read about more pixiedust: I hope some lucky DISer wins one of the larger prizes so we can see pictures!! :goodvibes

Minnie's Mate said:
How do you enter by mail?

Here:

Also, starting on September 18, 2006, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a 3.5"x5" postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: (i) if a legal resident of the United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada or Mexico: P.O. Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126; or (ii) if a legal resident of the United Kingdom: Disney Dream Giveaway, 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Participants may enter once per day during the Giveaway Period. All mail-in entries must be mailed separately, postmarked by December 31, 2007 and received by January 14, 2008 or they will be void.

Secondgradememories said:
I think the magic will be contageous. My family has a list of special things we will try to do for others this year. Last year the kids gave out glow sticks at the parades and they had such a gret time. If we all go hoping to spread some fun, instead of just expecting it for ourselves, I think our trips will be even better. Thanks for starting this thread! It turns out, Disney magic doesn't just come from Disney! It's us too!

Great idea - DH and I are thinking of things we can do in December. We can't all have the wonderful CM job of wish patrol, but we can do our own little surprises. I just love Disney and Disney fans!!! :love:

We were at the World last week and we received several free things. Since this has never happened to me before I assumed it must be part of the new promotion. My son got a free icecream @ Gerties for answering the question, "Who designed Dinosour Gertie?" We got Celebration Buttons for answering some trivia questions right on our boat trip from MGM to Epcot. Then the Celebration button got me a free water and my son a free coke later in the day. I thought it was pretty cool.

So who did design Gerti? :confused3 Just in case I get asked I want to sound smart. hehe :smooth:

Subscribing. These are all neat stories and I can't wait to hear more. And I think I'm going to get some glow sticks to take with me and hand out to random people on my upcoming trip. Granting wishes definitely can be as much fun as receiving them. And I'd love to light up some little girl or boy's face! :wizard:

It's very cool to hear these stories. I hope they continue these small type of Dreams once the actual promotion begins.

We just got back from out trip and had a few "Magical Moments" last week. First off, on Tuesday night, DH and I were in MK without the kids (my girlfriend watched our kids so we could have a 'night out' as a thank you for inviting her to come & picking up her room tab...) Anyway, we decided to ride the HM since I didn't want to take the little ones on it because I thought it was too scary for my 2 yr old. As we went into the line a CM approached us and pulled us aside...we had been chosen to 'open the HM'. We got to go thru the CM entrance and open the doors to allow the guests (aka 'bodies') to enter. We had to say "Enter if you dare" when we opened the doors and then "Your time will come" to the people who were still waiting to get in when we closed the doors then we joined everyone in the strech room. Apparently they will have some type of costume for the guests chosen to do this in the future. It was fun and a nice memory for DH & I to share from our first trip to Disney together.

My 2 yr old DD had a "Magical Moment" as well. We were on our way to the Princess Dinner in Epcot and had just entered thru the IG when a CM pulled my DD who was dressed in her Cinderella gown into the World Traveler Gift Shop. They had her sign their autograph book and gave her an adorable certificate and then a scroll which was a coloring page of Cinderella & the castle tied with a ribbon. My DD was thrilled!!!

We also experienced a random act of kindness from other guests at MNSSHP on Friday night. We were late getting a spot to the 2nd parade and finally found a spot that had a few small children sitting on the curb so we lined up behind them. Well they offered to make room for my DD to sit with them. She got along great with the 4 yr old little girl so they had a great time watching the parade together and sharing their candy from their trick or treat bags. Then the older boy got up to sit behind his sister so I could sit since I was holding my 1 year old (who is 28 lbs and not walking) It was so nice of that family to share their parade spot with us....especially after reading so many horror stories about the parade crowds. It was very appreciated and really helped make our night more magical!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter