Year of Million Dreams -- anyone else get something yet? Post your wishes won here!

That is so cool! I didn't realize that there would be more to the YOAMD promotion than the sweepstakes. This is going to be so exciting and it is a great way to make the whole Disney experience more magical!

Wow!

Makes me wanna cry ;)

That is so awesome.

I sure could use some pixie dust st the moment.

But this is a good substitute

Last week in the MK Christmas Shop, my Mom was purchasing a large Mickey ornament to be personalized for my parent's 40th Anniversary. When she went to pay, the CM told her this was a Magical Moment and the personalization was free. How nice....

It's little surprises that make a Disney trip so special. I think that CM's have long been able to do little things like that for guests. It's good business, someone who has been given a little pixie dust, a free monogram or a free dessert, is likely to spend more than someone who hasn't. They're going to remember that moment, and want to come back again. Disney will end up making that $2.00 back and more.
You also never forget that little moment. We went to Tony's one night for dinner with my niece and our waiter was so cute with her. He referred to her as "The Princess" which is what I've called her since she was born. She loved the extra attention he paid to her and we made sure to speak to the manager about him before we left. A YEAR LATER, we go back to Tony's for dinner and he's still there! When he sees her, he says "Ah, The Princess has come back to visit again!" I could not believe he remembered! That exchange cost Disney nothing, but it sure brought us back again and we never forgot it.

How cool! I can't wait for our Halloween trip! Maybe we will experience some magic or see someone getting it, I will definately post if so!! :cool1:

That is AMAZING that he remembered her! :goodvibes I know it made her day and yours. That is wonderful! The CMs are so wonderful! :thumbsup2

I LOVE DISNEY! :cheer2:

Ooo, I just love this "good feeling" thread. I'm headed to the world next month, and now I'm even more excited!

This is a great thread, it reminds us of why we LOVE Disney and keep going back for more.
The best things happen when you don't expect them. I think we DIS members should challenge ourselves to find special moments on our trips and report back. It doesn't have to be from a CM, it could be another guest doing something nice, it could be a moment that you witness but aren't a part of. We have too much negativity on the boards at times and I think it would really help to balance it.

I think the magic will be contageous. My family has a list of special things we will try to do for others this year. Last year the kids gave out glow sticks at the parades and they had such a gret time. If we all go hoping to spread some fun, instead of just expecting it for ourselves, I think our trips will be even better. Thanks for starting this thread! It turns out, Disney magic doesn't just come from Disney! It's us too!

I love hearing these stories!

One question, does anyone know when the Year of a Million Wishes ends? We're planning a trip for next year and haven't settled on a date yet, but I'd love to be there during the celebration.

DiszyDeanette said:
When did they start charging to put names on Mickey ears? I know thay did years back, but thought they didn't anymore?? I know thay didn't charge us last year.

We were there a month ago and I can confirm that there is normally a $2 charge for Mickey ear personalization...they have a big sign on the counter. I do think this may be relatively recent - I bought a pair of golden ears at the WL Mercantile store, and the CM there told me I could take it to the Chapeau in MK for free personalization. I did take it, but the personalization cost $2. The CM there was actually a little apologetic - "I'm going to have to charge you $2 for this" - even though I never mentioned anything about the WL CM telling me it was free.

My family and I went to MGM on Friday night instead of going to dinner and a movie. We were approached by a cast member as we entered the park and asked if we were planning on riding RNR or TOT. When we answered yes he said we could be the Family of the Hour. He took us into guest relations where we got a Magical Moments certificate and coupons for free icecream and free popcorn and drink to use at Fantasmic for all 5 of us. Then he took us to RNR and we went to the front of the line using the back entrance. The best part of the whole thing was just talking to CM "Stevens". He is a true Disney spirit. He even rode the ride sitting next to me, so of course I bought the pic.

While in AK last Tuesday my DD - 7 found a really cute safari costume she just had to have and it really wasn't all that bad so I bought it for her. Wednesday was our last day and AK is her favorite so she wanted to go back there and she wore her new safari guide outfit. You would not believe the attention she got all day long.

It first started as we were just heading in to the park on our way back to EE; she was stoped by three CM's that were together and asked for her autograph since she was a famous explorer! They talked to her for the longest time and made her feel so special.

A little later in the day we were going to go on the safari through the standby line and the CM stoped us, filled out a special ceritficate for her stating she was a junior safari guide and told us to go to the fast pass line with it. The CM at the fast pass line made a big fuss over her, the CM at loading made a big fuss over her and seated us in the first row and the CM driving the van made a big fuss over her and asked her to help her out.

Still later she was teased about taking to long of a break by a CM and said they had been looking all over for her and she really needed to get back to work! LOL!

She was thrilled with all of the attention she got! I'm sure we will be taking that suit with us for our Christmas & her birthday trip!

What a magical place Disney really is!

Have a great day everyone!
Lori

Just thought of a little something I could add here from my August trip. we had an early breakfast at Crystal Palace (2 adults) and headed to the Tomorrowland rope drop, we were the first ones there. When it was nearly time to drop it, the Cm asked if we were all headed to Space Mtn, I told him i was actually going to ride Astro Orbitor as I had never rode it before and wanted to beat the queue but that Space was on the agenda for later. With that he gave me 2 priority passes for any ride in the park so that i didn't have to worry about a long line at Space later. Now that was good enough, but when we came down in the elevator from Astro, he was waiting at the bottom to see if I enjoyed it. I said it was great to have the ride to ourselves like that and thanked him for his earlier kindness. Once again, he whipped out 2 more passes and told us to have a magical day. He has no idea what it meant to us, but he certainly had the right attitude in making the guests feel special. In case you were wondering, we used them on Thunder Mtn and Jungle Cruise ;) It was a great day,

Reading these stories has really made my day. Monday's are always tough going back to work...yes I'm there right now. But reading these I am smiling from all the Disney Magic. I'll be watching this one for updates!

67 days and we'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversary at WDW...can't wait :woohoo: !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts