WWYD: Luxurious Resort or Luxurious Meals?

WWYD: Luxurious Resort or Luxurious Meals?

• Deluxe Resort of your choice in the fanciest Suite & best view WDW has to offer, but all of your mea

Votes: 79 71.8%
  • Value Resort of your choosing (standard room), but all of your meals are the most signature that WDW

Votes: 31 28.2%

• Total voters
Resort... No question... Hands down....
I am not at WDW, or most other vacation destinations, for the food.
If we did decide we wanted to have a couple of finer dining experiences... nothing would stop us from doing that on our own.
There is no MUST....
You have access to any restaurant you might make a reservation for.
But, you don't have access to a larger, quieter, better, and more luxurious room and amenities at a resort unless you are staying there.

OMG the food, absolutely. The room is just a place to sleep and shower.
Totally. On our one-and-done trip to WDW we stayed concierge level at AKL. I did like standing on the terrace with the giraffes seeming close enough to touch. Beyond that though, the hotel was really not all that special. We also had the DDP and didn't use our counter-service credits - pretty sure we only had one counter-service meal the whole time as they just didn't appeal. We didn't do any signature dining so that would be an idea I could enjoy.

You spring the $2,500 a night Presidential suite in Animal Kingdom lodge and you can keep the money you'd have given me for counter service. I'll spring for the food and eat where I want.

Do we have an accord?

To be honest though when I'm paying for the trip we do the opposite. We're only in the room to flop and we don't need to stay at the deluxe hotel to eat at the deluxe restaurants. So when I'm paying, we go for the values. But if someone is going to pay for one or the other, of course I'm taking the most expensive room somewhere. Those are far more money than I could spend on food there.

I'd probably go resort over food. I love all the table service restaurants. But who can enjoy anything if you don't get a goodnight sleep?

Resort for us. Neither one of us are "foodies" or "rope drop to closing" type of vacationers, so we would enjoy a lot of luxury resort time.

This is us too. We have been so many times over the years that we do more & more resort relaxation. I also pick a resort more for the location now.

Definitely the resort! I'm as far from a food snob as you can get, and rarely want to dress up just to eat. But several of the deluxe resorts are on my wish list, and as repeat Disney travelers, we do tend to incłude some relaxing resort time in our plans, rather than scheduling every second busy in the parks.

How about a moderate resort and SOME of the nice restaurants?
Exactly.
Never been to WDW and we are in the process of planning our first trip. I am going for the parks, not the resort or the food. Although my wife insists at Disney hotels at Disneyland, but there all the Disney hotels are within walking distance of both parks. WDW seems like even Disney hotels can be a ways from some of the parks.

I do love fancy meals, but you usually have to get dressed up for them. For counter service, you don't. And, you can take it back and eat it in your fancy room ;)

Deluxe. There are so many CS places I want to try and the TS meals take up so much time. This is my plan next trip also.

Resort.

We're DVC so typically use our points when we go to WDW. One trip DD got us a great CM rate for a value resort. It's was fine but DVC has made me a resort snob. I'm OK with counter service meals.

Without a doubt, no brainer, obvious choice for me is the resort (well, it'd have to be a multi bedroom suite if we're talking pie in the sky here). I like nice places to stay. Besides, I live my life eating a very strict nutrition regiment for my health and fitness. When I'm on vacation, that goes out the window. I would welcome and enjoy having to eat at QS places. French fries, burgers, nuggets, ice cream...look out, I'm coming for you!!!! :cake: :tiptoe:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter