WWYD: Luxurious Resort or Luxurious Meals?

WWYD: Luxurious Resort or Luxurious Meals?

• Deluxe Resort of your choice in the fanciest Suite & best view WDW has to offer, but all of your mea

Votes: 79 71.8%
  • Value Resort of your choosing (standard room), but all of your meals are the most signature that WDW

Votes: 31 28.2%

• Total voters
food for sure. I'm too cheap to spend hundreds of dollars on food on my own. And now that I have teens who eat massive amounts of food, I'm the one who takes one for the team and orders a bowl of soup when we all eat out so that they can get the appetizers and menu add-ons :rolleyes:

I would choose resort but it's not like WDW is exactly the epitome of luxury anything - resorts or meals (outside of V&A).

Totally. On our one-and-done trip to WDW we stayed concierge level at AKL. I did like standing on the terrace with the giraffes seeming close enough to touch. Beyond that though, the hotel was really not all that special. We also had the DDP and didn't use our counter-service credits - pretty sure we only had one counter-service meal the whole time as they just didn't appeal. We didn't do any signature dining so that would be an idea I could enjoy.

I've stayed at many nice resorts and hotels in my life (although not at WDW!). I find I don't really value fancy hotel rooms all that much. The amenities (if there are decent ones) I like. I like fancy hotels well enough - but if you gave me the choice, I would choose the food any day. And I make that choice whenever we go to WDW. Our last visit was a short 2 night stay at Pop on the Deluxe DDP :)

My last visit to NYC, I had a free stay and instead of choosing a fancy hotel, I chose a mid range one in a more convenient location.

I'm weird though. One of my recent favorite vacations was in a rustic tent cabin with no running water and no electricity. I spent all weekend raving about how amazing it was!

Definitely would choose the resort.. The Grand is our "Home resort" and I'd eat chicken nugs all day! I love chicken nugs lol

Disney food has never been the primary reason I visit. In fact, it's pretty much an afterthought. I go for the parks, or the pools at the hotels, and just relaxing.

Give me the deluxe (in name only) resort room.

I'd take the Deluxe, especially if it's on the monorail line. We've gone to WDW many times, but we've stayed in a deluxe for 1 and only 1 night. It was during the 24 hour event in 2014 and DS was in the CP and got us a CM discount at the CR (Holy Acronym, Batman). While the price was still outrageous, it was less so than usual. :D It was so convenient to be able to walk to and from MK, get on the monorail and go to other resorts, etc. I'd much rather be able to do that than eat at WDW's "deluxe" restaurants--most may be deluxe by park standards but fall short by "real world" standards.

I think I'd choose the resorts because I've eaten at already and a lot of the best places to eat in WDW. I haven't stayed at Grand Floridian or Bay Towers or the Polynesian etc.

Of those two choices, I'd pick the resort and counter service food. But my real choice would be value resort/counter service food for twice the length of time.

I would choose deluxe food. I have stayed in 3-bedroom two storey Grand Villas, I have had a Magic Kingdom view twice and a Spaceship Earth view many times. I won't lie ... it's cool. But after over 20 years of going to WDW, I really don't care where I sleep. I am perfectly happy at a Value resort. I do like good food (and drink) and would much prefer the experience of dining at the best places and participating in special dining events.

We are actually kind of doing this haha. We needed to cut costs somewhere so are staying at a moderate with an AP discount that brings it to rack rate price of a value and then doing some e-ticket events and eating a little better. While deluxe rooms and views are great if it was about spending exactly the same I think staying at a value resort but being able to enhance park experiences would be better then deluxe but only quick service food and no enhancements.

So would the choice of accommodations include the Cinderella Castle Suite?? Would that change your mind if you chose food? Man, I'd love to just see the thing, let alone stay in it...

So would the choice of accommodations include the Cinderella Castle Suite?? Would that change your mind if you chose food? Man, I'd love to just see the thing, let alone stay in it...

Yes that would actually change my mind haha. You use to be able to ask to see it early in the morning if no one was staying but I think they stopped once word got out.

If those are my only two choices, I'd choose resort. I'm just not a fan of "fancy" meals. GOOD meals, yes, fancy, no.

That being said, my perfect WDW trip is at POFQ, with a blend of some of the middle of the road table service restaurants (Sanaa, Kona, etc) and counter service.

I went with food over resort. There are so many places that I'd love to eat at WDW but just can't afford!!

Resort. Don't really care for foo foo food so counter service is just fine.

Give me a great room at a great resort with an awesome pool and I'll eat a hamburger. ;)

I've stayed at many nice resorts and hotels in my life (although not at WDW!). I find I don't really value fancy hotel rooms all that much. The amenities (if there are decent ones) I like. I like fancy hotels well enough - but if you gave me the choice, I would choose the food any day. And I make that choice whenever we go to WDW. Our last visit was a short 2 night stay at Pop on the Deluxe DDP :)

My last visit to NYC, I had a free stay and instead of choosing a fancy hotel, I chose a mid range one in a more convenient location.

I'm weird though. One of my recent favorite vacations was in a rustic tent cabin with no running water and no electricity. I spent all weekend raving about how amazing it was!

Disney food has never been the primary reason I visit. In fact, it's pretty much an afterthought. I go for the parks, or the pools at the hotels, and just relaxing.

Give me the deluxe (in name only) resort room.
And that right there is the issue, as far as I'm concerned. The room we had at AKL was fine but there was really nothing particularly luxurious about it. I guess people would need to have stayed at a true 4* to know the difference. For that matter, although they are certainly "deluxe" by Disney standards, does Disney even claim they are luxury? It's really all about the theming, and I certainly don't begrudge anybody who really enjoys it. We did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter