Wow factor?

nharding20

Mouseketeer
Hi All, I'm new to these boards, hoping I could get some insight!

Our trip is 10/3 to 10/9 (my husband and I, son 12 and daughter 9. Plus 2 grandparents in their 60's) We have the free Dining Plan

10/3 -arrive airport 1:00pm. MK that night?? What fab arrival dinner would be good?
10/4 - (Universal Studios) will we be back at WDW that night for dinner?
10/5 - 5:50 Boma dinner
10/6 - 2:10 LeCellier lunch
10/7 - 9:35am Ohana breakfast
10/8 - nothing
10/9 - flight out at 4:50 pm

I am so stumped!!! I know many reservations are full now. I'm willing to keep trying the reservation site until I can get 'the right' reservations. Your help is so appreciated!!!

Nicole :)

Welcome!! :welcome:

It sounds like you picked some good spots so far :) As for your first night, I think that perhaps Downtown Disney would be a nice place to start, especially if you don't have park tickets for that day. There are some great places to eat there and then you can walk around and really be in the Disney Magic! It will get you even more excited for your vacation.

For your day at US, you may or may not be back. There are some great dining options over at US that you might find more interesting, and you might be pretty tired from that day, so depending on which resort you're staying at, the resort restaurant or QS might work out really well for your family.

Which resort are you staying at? Which dining plan do you have?

Don't choose anything on your arrival night that requires you to put down a credit card. If you're delayed and you don't make the reservation, they will charge you.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

We are staying at the Coronado Springs and have the free dining plan (1 TS, 1CS, 1snack) and have the Park Hopper option.

For the first night, we all like the MK - makes a great first impression. Is there a great restaurant in the park or nearby with good food and views that would be nice?

You all rock for your input!!! Thanks!

Nicole

If you can get it, I would suggest Ohana. Often there are later ADRs available. The Poly is close with so many fun transportation options from MK, and many tables have a view of the fireworks. We try to eat there on our first or last night each trip...

Hmm...I just checked the Disney website for availability on 10/03 for a party of 6 at the MK and all I am seeing is Tony's Town Square for 8:35pm. I also see that Kona at the Polynesian has availabilty for a bunch of different times for dinner. That might be a good pick. I'd check the menus and see if either appeal to you. Of course you could keep checking for an opening at other places but if you wanted to have something booked "just in case", I'd grab one of these. Have a great trip :)

The Universal Parks close at 6:00 on the day you're visiting unless you're doing HHN. You should be back in time to take advantage of your free dining. You might enjoy a character meal at one of the resorts or parks. Look on allearnet.com for menus and prices.

It looks like we will be going at the same time, we even have a Boma ADR at 5:10 on Oct 5, hope to see you there.:goodvibes

If you can't find anything nice in the MK for your first night (and there really isn't anything terrific for TS) you could zip to any of the resorts. Wilderness Lodge is a quick boat ride away, and Artist Point tends to be a reservation you can get. It's worth a look. As a prior poster said, Kona would be good, too.

If you can't find anything nice in the MK for your first night (and there really isn't anything terrific for TS) you could zip to any of the resorts. Wilderness Lodge is a quick boat ride away, and Artist Point tends to be a reservation you can get. It's worth a look. As a prior poster said, Kona would be good, too.

I was going to suggest Artist Point. :goodvibes I think it's one of the most underrated restaurants on Disney. We had a delicious meal, with wonderful ambience. It was wonderful!!!

Here's my filet...

2012-07-21182402.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter