Wishes FP+ Ending

My DH is the same way with crowds. When we did the dessert party with the assigned tables we still didn't like it. People still lined up very early to get into the party and then it was lots of shoving to get desserts. The view wasn't that great. The dessert party felt stressful for us. Last year we did the Wishes FP+ and it was the perfect solution. We entered the area about an hour before Wishes and had a seat of the grass and just relaxed. If the Wishes FP+ isn't available for our next trip we will probably skip Wishes all together.
This leaves me torn on what to do. This will be my children's first wishes but I do not want to make it stressful on my husband. Rudeness ( people pushing) will for sure make him nervous. So upset that they took the FP away so close to our vacation

This leaves me torn on what to do. This will be my children's first wishes but I do not want to make it stressful on my husband. Rudeness ( people pushing) will for sure make him nervous. So upset that they took the FP away so close to our vacation
We are thinking of watching from the TTC Ferry dock. We have young kids so it depends on hours and such (they may or may not be ready to leave the park so we'll see) but we like the idea of less of a crowd and beating the mad rush out of MK. They pipe in the music and everything. I've seen this spot recommended a few times.

We are thinking of watching from the TTC Ferry dock. We have young kids so it depends on hours and such (they may or may not be ready to leave the park so we'll see) but we like the idea of less of a crowd and beating the mad rush out of MK. They pipe in the music and everything. I've seen this spot recommended a few times.

TTC-Fwx_022013_zpsf1a4f7f1.jpg

Poly%20Beach_121915_zpsqbismlst.jpg

MK-Area-2Lakes-5Resorts.jpg

We've never been pushed *during* Wishes, but exiting the hub area after Wishes can be stressful and pushy. Not to mention thinking you have a great view and then the person in front of you puts their kid on their shoulders.

Try searching YouTube for videos of Wishes, and then compare to videos of Wishes from the dessert party area to see the difference in view and if that's worth it for you to avoid the crowds. :)

We just feel that it can be very claustrophobic with all of the people which makes it uncomfortable. If you are going to try it I suggest standing towards the Tommorowland side. A lot of times they have the Main Street bypass open after Wishes which makes leaving the park easier.

We are thinking about maybe watching it from Fantasyland this time.

Another great location is the patio area of Gasparilla's Grill at GFla. The music is also piped in there. Chairs, waterside ledges, and planters where you can sit.

No one stands; no kids on shoulders!! < That's the best part!! :)

I hate it that they are not having FP+ for Wishes. Last year we did the dessert party and really did not like the view from there. The year before that we were down in front of the castle and was talked to very nasty by a man . He told us to move in not a very nice way. Which really ruined the magical mood of Wishes. I was so hoping we could get a FP for it this coming trip.

Last edited:

Another great location is the patio area of Gasparilla's Grill at GFla. The music is also piped in there. Chairs, waterside ledges, and planters where you can sit.

No one stands; no kids on shoulders!! < That's the best part!! :)

I was just there the early part of this month.
The audio was way, WAY too low. (I mean the Wishes audio was far lower in level than the regular area music they play there!)
There is zero Wishes audio provided on the GF shuttle dock.
(I wish I knew how and why these things happen.)

OTOH, the audio was GREAT on Narcoossee's deck
(but that is now under signage that limits the area to Narcoossee's guests.)

Ok so I look at the videos posted on Youtube for the Desert Party. Seems like you are at quite a distance and if you have more then two people in your group getting a spot up front may be difficult for us since we are a party of 7. It also appears that the area they had for the Wishes FP is also at a distance which I realize may be better for the fireworks. I went back in October 2014 and did the Sinister Soiree Party and love the area they had reserved for us. It may not have been prime for the fireworks but I loved watching the Castle Projection show from there. Where would the best spot be to get a similar experience and how long before wishes should we get there. Don't think the hubby is going to be able to avoid crowds no matter what we do any way.

Ok so I look at the videos posted on Youtube for the Desert Party. Seems like you are at quite a distance and if you have more then two people in your group getting a spot up front may be difficult for us since we are a party of 7.

1. It also appears that the area they had for the Wishes FP is also at a distance which I realize may be better for the fireworks.

I went back in October 2014 and did the Sinister Soiree Party and love the area they had reserved for us.
2. It may not have been prime for the fireworks but
3. I loved watching the Castle Projection show from there.
4. Where would the best spot be to get a similar experience and
5. how long before wishes should we get there. Don't think the hubby is going to be able to avoid crowds no matter what we do any way.

1. The Wishes FP+ areas are/were nearly perfectly positioned for how Wishes is designed to be seen.
2. Yup. Too close to the castle, so the major fireworks were blocked.
(Seen as the large red blob directly in front of the castle on my Wishes map (below.)
3. That would be fine, but you don't need to be that close to fully enjoy CtM.
4. My Wishes map (below) shows the areas in various levels of preference.
5. 60-90 minutes (or more,) depending on, well, everything.

MK-Wishes_NewHub_031715_zpsfxxil4my.jpg

1. The Wishes FP+ areas are/were nearly perfectly positioned for how Wishes is designed to be seen.
2. Yup. Too close to the castle, so the major fireworks were blocked.
(Seen as the large red blob directly in front of the castle on my Wishes map (below.)
3. That would be fine, but you don't need to be that close to fully enjoy CtM.
4. My Wishes map (below) shows the areas in various levels of preference.
5. 60-90 minutes (or more,) depending on, well, everything.

MK-Wishes_NewHub_031715_zpsfxxil4my.jpg

I believe the orange area by the statue was the area they had blocked off that night. Would we need to get to that spot 60 to 90 minutes before the parade since people will be lined up in that area for the Electrical parade?

I came to the boards to ask how come FP for Wishes wasn't even showing up in my FP options. I guess I have my answer. I didn't even think to check here before I went to book.

Man, this REALLY sucks. I know it's silly but this is our first visit and it has always been a bit of a dream of mine to watch the fireworks in front of the castle with my babies. All the horror stories has really put me off, but I thought this was a pretty good compromise. Now I feel a bit lost...

Does anyone know if there is a reserved place for wheelchairs?

I believe the orange area by the statue was the area they had blocked off that night. Would we need to get to that spot 60 to 90 minutes before the parade since people will be lined up in that area for the Electrical parade?

Disney has created a problem due to running THREE must-see evening spectaculars (MSEP, CtM Wishes)
for which, to be best seen without changing locations,
guests need to find a spot in or near the Hub.

That sends a LOT of people to that area.

Disney has created a problem due to running THREE must-see evening spectaculars (MSEP, CtM Wishes)
for which, to be best seen without changing locations,
guests need to find a spot in or near the Hub.

That sends a LOT of people to that area.
And in order to do that would you suggest claiming a spot 60 to 90 before MESP ?

And in order to do that would you suggest claiming a spot 60 to 90 before MESP ?

By estimation, that would be enough time on many nights.
On some nights, that might even be a bit early.
But on other nights, that might be too late to secure a clear spot.

It can't be predicted exactly what thousands of guests will or won't do on any given day/night. So the only thing that can be done to strengthen YOUR chances of seeing any particular show(s) on any particular day/night is to show up early enough to
be able to find a spot before too many others arrive.
If seeing a certain event is important to you, it is better to arrive far too early than to arrive one minute too late.

Last edited:
I'm wondering the same thing myself. It seems too much of a coincidence that these dates line up, and it just makes no sense that they would eliminate the Wishes FP+ so soon after creating a space for it.
I agree, it makes no sense to eliminate FP+ for Wishes just after they created a place for it.
I find it hard to believe they have to cut back on CM's. Disney is rich they can afford more CM's for Wishes FP+ area.
Do you think they will maybe start a dining package for the FP+ area ?

I agree, it makes no sense to eliminate FP+ for Wishes just after they created a place for it.
I find it hard to believe they have to cut back on CM's. Disney is rich they can afford more CM's for Wishes FP+ area.

I also think it makes no sense to cut the Fairy Godmother in the MK or Aurora in Epcot in France. But that's happening too.

Now this is an interesting idea that I haven't seen yet. Maybe they are converting all nighttime event preferred seating to dessert party OR dining package. Although obviously I would have preferred a Wishes FP, I would be much happier to purchase a dining package to ensure a preferred seating spot than fight for a space in the hub. Good ol' Disney, always finding new ways to pry open our wallets and get us to keep...holding them...open!

Now this is an interesting idea that I haven't seen yet. Maybe they are converting all nighttime event preferred seating to dessert party OR dining package. Although obviously I would have preferred a Wishes FP, I would be much happier to purchase a dining package to ensure a preferred seating spot than fight for a space in the hub. Good ol' Disney, always finding new ways to pry open our wallets and get us to keep...holding them...open!

The "new Wishes Dessert Party location" was one the very first major lengthy discussions when they stopped offering FP+.
The final drill-down is that it doesn't look like that's the plan.

The "new Wishes Dessert Party location" was one the very first major lengthy discussions when they stopped offering FP+.
The final drill-down is that it doesn't look like that's the plan.

I agree that the timing of this cut along with the rollout of other cuts and potential opening of RoL makes the cut theory the most likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter