Wishes FP+ Ending

The FP areas began with very few guests who marveled at the spaciousness and now the areas are filled to capacity.

Perhaps they canceled for the two dates in April (MK is open until 12:00 both nights) and then FP comes back with revamped numbers. Similar to how they canceled Club Villain at $99 and then, amazingly, Club Villain returns at $129! :)

I agree that they have been tweaking numbers all along. I hope this is just part of the tweaking process and not a move to monetize that area once they saw how popular it was. Don't even get me started on them taking back already scheduled FPs to accomplish that. :mad:

And I have to say if I had booked Club Villain at $99, then gotten a cancellation call, only to see reservations open back up at $129, they would be getting an earful.

Maybe the hub grass isn't holding up properly. Maybe it's starting to stink or is getting yucky in some way. Grow bacteria. Idk. Just another thought.

I was wondering if this would ever happen. We have done the Wishes Dessert Party and while it was neat, we disliked the off-center view and from then on just stood in front of the castle. A Wishes FP+ was definitely on my wish list for our October trip (we haven't been to WDW since they changed up the hub area). A dessert party in a central viewing location would make a lot more sense and I would consider paying for it, especially if they don't oversell it so there's a little elbow room.

I was wondering if this would ever happen. We have done the Wishes Dessert Party and while it was neat, we disliked the off-center view and from then on just stood in front of the castle. A Wishes FP+ was definitely on my wish list for our October trip (we haven't been to WDW since they changed up the hub area). A dessert party in a central viewing location would make a lot more sense and I would consider paying for it, especially if they don't oversell it so there's a little elbow room.

We did the dessert party once last year and liked it - but, like you said, we didn't love the location. We had planned on getting a Wishes FP for our upcoming trip at the end of April instead of doing the party again. Our 60-day FP window is still 10 days away, so I just booked the dessert party for one of our MK days just in case this is what's going on.

Really interesting, refurb is possible, desert party is possible, but its also possible Disney has decided its just not worth it for them. From our experience there was quite a lot of crowd control/staffing needed for wishes FP areas, like quite a lot. People at the entrances, people in Guest relations folks for dealing with FP issues, more staff around each of the areas to keep people moving in the pathways, people inside the FP areas telling people to stand up, or move forward, etc etc. Lots of staff.

Of course, it might also be the CM is wrong and wishes FP will continue to be available after those 2 days :)

And I have to say if I had booked Club Villain at $99, then gotten a cancellation call, only to see reservations open back up at $129, they would be getting an earful.
O/T, but Disney has been contacting those who had their March reservations canceled and rebooking them at the original price. I was pretty angry when mine was canceled, but at least they made it right. I was called shortly after reservations opened up again, and the CM said that they set aside reservations specifically for the original March people. It did make me feel better to see Disney doing the right thing -- seems like that doesn't happen enough these days.

I hope this isn't true. Using a FP+ for Wishes was one of the best things we did on our last trip. The dessert party as it exists now doesn't interest us. We have done it before and didn't think it was worth it. Reports from the dessert party are that they aren't assigning tables there anymore. Maybe that is a test of how moving the dessert party would be.

If they don't offer FP+ in those locations and don't move or create a new dessert party I feel like those areas will start to be a mess. How early in the day will people start camping out and saving spots just to be on the "grass"?

I booked my FP at midnight for 4/16-4/22. I can choose Wishes on 4/17, but it's not coming up as a choice for 4/20 or 4/22. I only checked those dates because those are my MK FP days.

ETA: I now see it in the list of choices for 4/20, but "standby only."

Last edited:
This is our favorite FP+ besides 7DMT! It's wonderful to relax with the kids! We also watch the Castle show from there. We have it booked for our April trip (first week). Will be bummed if they stop offering this for guests.

This totally stinks! I was planning on booking FPs for Wishes for the 19th when my window opens tonight. What a bummer.

Anyone able to get FP+ for days after April 19th? The Dibb still shows availability but it sounds like 'real' people aren't seeing the same thing.

I couldn't. When I booked at midnight, it wasn't an option that could be selected. It said something like fast pass distribution has ended.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter