Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

How does the after party pass work? Is it added to MDE? Interested in the possibility of the Guardians ride but not sure how purchasing an ILL would work if you don’t have a “reservation” that day
In the past, they've mailed out physical tickets to the party a couple weeks before. You can then add the ticket to your MDE.

Last year, Ratatouille was open during the party with no boarding groups. I don't think ILL was offered. It was down for part of the party, but the line wasn't crazy (less than 45 mins) later in the evening.

In the past, they've mailed out physical tickets to the party a couple weeks before. You can then add the ticket to your MDE.

Oh yay, another reason for me to stress.

Any other international runners on the board that signed up for the W&D challenge in the past? How did you get your tickets? I figured I would just pick them up at the Expo...

Hi fellow runners,

First timer here running the half marathon! Need some advice. I scheduled a massage at the Dolphin Mandara spa post half marathon race. I’m staying at the yacht club resort. I booked two massage times bc I wasn’t sure what time I’d be done. One massage starts at 10:30am and the other at 3:30pm. I’m currently running 11 min miles for my long runs however I realize that my mile time might be longer due to the amount of runners, photo stops, etc. Do you think a 10:30am massage time is cutting it too close?

Any insight and advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Hi fellow runners,

First timer here running the half marathon! Need some advice. I scheduled a massage at the Dolphin Mandara spa post half marathon race. I’m staying at the yacht club resort. I booked two massage times bc I wasn’t sure what time I’d be done. One massage starts at 10:30am and the other at 3:30pm. I’m currently running 11 min miles for my long runs however I realize that my mile time might be longer due to the amount of runners, photo stops, etc. Do you think a 10:30am massage time is cutting it too close?

I crossed the finish line for the Princess Half this year at 9:30, and was barely back to my room at All Star Music by 10:30, let alone cleaned up enough to let another person touch me 😆 But you’re a faster runner than me (it took me 3h 45m, start-finish with photo stops) so you’ll probably be ok.

Hi fellow runners,

If it were me, I'd choose the 3:30 pm time. I like taking my time stopping for photos and characters on the course. I also enjoy hanging out in the post race area soaking up the atmosphere. And not stressing if there is a long line at the busses. I'd feel too much pressure to rush if I had a 10:30 am ressie. Ironic, I know, because it's a race! :P

Oh yay, another reason for me to stress.

Any other international runners on the board that signed up for the W&D challenge in the past? How did you get your tickets? I figured I would just pick them up at the Expo...
I found this paragraph in an email from the race last year which references getting tickets at the Expo, so I bet you're right.
Screenshot_20220808-211726_Gmail.jpg

I asked this before and can't remember if I got a definitive answer so here goes.

My wife is doing the 5K and I'm doing the challenge. We are only doing one park day, Saturday. I'd really like to buy just the one day Memory Maker for Saturday. Does anyone know if Memory Maker is smart enough to only allow the race that happens to be on Saturday or can I add up to any 5 bibs to the one day and still get all three days worth of pictures?

Thanks in advance.

Is there a first-timer FAQ or tips section?

There is (link), but it's somewhat outdated at this point.

This will be my first half and was wondering what time we'd have to be at the starting point by and just general pre-race tips. Thanks

The races start at 5am. The buses will likely start running at 3am. You can find old course maps here (link). Depending on your level of risk (broken down bus, lost bus, traffic, etc.), some will suggest getting on the first bus and others will say to wait a little more. I'm risk adverse, plus I like meeting other DIS members pre-race, so I'm on the first bus. Depending on the start line location, you can expect to walk about 15-30 min to get from bus drop to security to the start area.

The 5k/10k usually has the corral area open about 60-75 min before the race starts, and the s1 corral begins making their way to the start line about 30 min before the race starts. Depending on where the HM starts, if there's an extended walk-out that means the corrals open about 75-90 min before race start.

They typically have a DJ and announcers for pretty much the entire time the starting area is open. In years past, they've had photo opportunities pre-race, but with COVID they haven't recently. It's possible pre-race photos will return.

In general, the race releases everyone in about 45-60 min. So if the race starts on time at 5:00am, then the last people to cross the starting line is around 5:45-6:00am. There have been delays due to traffic, and moving up the starting time slightly due to weather concerns.

If you google recent races on youtube, you can find quite a few with pre-race views. Shows you what the whole process looks like. Different weekends have different starting locations, so that'll change things a little. But by in large, that's the best way to see the process.

I asked this before and can't remember if I got a definitive answer so here goes.

My wife is doing the 5K and I'm doing the challenge. We are only doing one park day, Saturday. I'd really like to buy just the one day Memory Maker for Saturday. Does anyone know if Memory Maker is smart enough to only allow the race that happens to be on Saturday or can I add up to any 5 bibs to the one day and still get all three days worth of pictures?

Thanks in advance.

I did this search (link) and I found one somewhat related answer (link). While the fine language says the pictures are from 6am to 5:59am the next day, this person had photos from 4:00am (thus outside that window). But it was still from that day's event. Other than that example, I was unable to find anyone who previously used a one-day MM for multiple different race events in a weekend.

They typically have a DJ and announcers for pretty much the entire time the starting area is open. In years past, they've had photo opportunities pre-race, but with COVID they haven't recently. It's possible pre-race photos will return
Last season while no characters there were other pre/post race photo opportunities

I know W&D had a Queen of Hearts throne/nautilus pre race for 10K/Half & an evil Queen throne & magic mirror pre/post 5K & post 10k/half

Marathon had an EARidecent 50th anniversary wall and a few cardboard cutout photo boxes pre/post

Springtime Surprise (Everest) had little camp sites set up

HUGS returned two weeks after springtime

Thanks in advance.
I’ve been wondering this as well so hope someone comes around with a definitive answer. I would guess that your challenge bib would show both Saturday and Sunday since it’s the same code but they might be smart enough to not allow you to download the HM photos. 🤷‍♀️

ETA: sounds like you add the bib multiple times for the challenge since it's different race prefixes.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
Not sure if you do Facebook, but one of the RunDisney groups I'm on has a lot of people who fundraise for charities. As one way to raise funds, many will add you to their MM and give you all your race photos. Normally it is around $15/race. And they give you their charity link, so you know they really are raising the funds for the charity. May be cheaper than buying MM.
Or, some people in the Facebook groups are alone in the parks bored in ride lines and will volunteer to link your bib and send you the pics (...that's the group I fall in. I have some people that now know and message me on Facebook after the races for their pics).

I’ve been wondering this as well so hope someone comes around with a definitive answer. I would guess that your challenge bib would show both Saturday and Sunday since it’s the same code but they might be smart enough to not allow you to download the HM photos. 🤷‍♀️
The code is different for each race. These were codes for my Goofy: 2022 WDWH ALFx xxxx for the half with the x’s being bib number, and 2022 WDWM ARAx xxxx for the marathon. So the photo code is different for each day’s race even if the bib number is the same.

Got my long run in! All of my kids and my husband are running Spartans tomorrow in New Hampshire, so I had to get the motivation today to get my miles in. Glad that's done!
My next long run is the same day as Brew at the Zoo...I'm going to earn my beers after running 8 miles. No guilt that night when I'm working my way through the 170 samples.

The code is different for each race. These were codes for my Goofy: 2022 WDWH ALFx xxxx for the half with the x’s being bib number, and 2022 WDWM ARAx xxxx for the marathon. So the photo code is different for each day’s race even if the bib number is the same.
Thanks for correcting me! Made a bad assumption that since it was the same bib you only had to add it once.

I've never actually used memory maker. My mid run photos never look that good and I'm able to use my cell phone for other photo ops.

another photo related question - have an AP with photopass however with Springtime Surprise a few days of the weekend overlap with the end of a blackout period... It's just parks blocked and I should still be fine downloading race photos or planning a finishers photo shoot at the photopass studio in springs correct

another photo related question - have an AP with photopass however with Springtime Surprise a few days of the weekend overlap with the end of a blackout period... It's just parks blocked and I should still be fine downloading race photos or planning a finishers photo shoot at the photopass studio in springs correct
I know that Disney Springs and some of the resorts have photopass photographers. We had some photopass pics made at both the GF and the Poly back in July. I would not think your photopass would be blacked out. If I ever get to buy an AP again, I'd have this same issue with the black out dates.

What are people thinking for costumes so far? DH and I are going to MNSSHP for the first time this year (with no kids!) and so I might get a tinkerbell running dress that I can also use in one of the races this year. Maybe not for W&D however, as it doesn't fit with the theming.... (I'm doing at least 1 race in all race weekends 2022-23).

Might get a red white & blue Minnie running dress for the half (I really didn't pay attention to the USA theme until today). The 10k I'm going with DD13 and it's her first runD race, so I have to see what she wants to wear (I can tell you we're not going to theme as Raya, not really that into her).

What are people thinking for costumes so far? DH and I are going to MNSSHP for the first time this year (with no kids!) and so I might get a tinkerbell running dress that I can also use in one of the races this year. Maybe not for W&D however, as it doesn't fit with the theming.... (I'm doing at least 1 race in all race weekends 2022-23).

Might get a red white & blue Minnie running dress for the half (I really didn't pay attention to the USA theme until today). The 10k I'm going with DD13 and it's her first runD race, so I have to see what she wants to wear (I can tell you we're not going to theme as Raya, not really that into her).
I’m doing a skeleton in running gear for the 5K, and Lilo (with Stitch plushie) for the 10K. I haven’t made a decision on the half yet, but I need to get on that pretty quick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!