Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

How late have they opened additional bibs for races in the past? I’m wanting an excuse to go to F&W, and having a built-in long run might be nice.

Really cool, I feel like that might be a first for RD, having a gold medalist running at an event?

Oh, reading further down... also first Real Housewife running a RD event?

Marathon Weekend 2016 had Paula Radcliffe (former marathon world record holder). She ran the 5k and 10k. She was supposed to run the marathon as well (from memory) but I believe she pulled out. It was one of the highlights of my running career when she passed me in the 10k. The smoothest running at that pace I've ever seen in my life.

While not a gold medalist, Marathon Weekend 2014 had Michael Wardian and Luke Humphrey (Hansons) running in it.

How will we know when proof of time is accepted?
When you see the corral assignment on your bib at pick up. There's generally a lot of discussion here when bib numbers are revealed as part of waivers being made available, so you can get an estimate of corral placement from that, but RunDisney never gives any formal indication of whether a proof of time has been accepted or rejected.

When you see the corral assignment on your bib at pick up. There's generally a lot of discussion here when bib numbers are revealed as part of waivers being made available, so you can get an estimate of corral placement from that, but RunDisney never gives any formal indication of whether a proof of time has been accepted or rejected.
Thank you! Do they let you move up corrals?

Thank you! Do they let you move up corrals?
The official stance from RunDisney is "no", but if they put you in the wrong corral due to their mistake and you can show them you entered a valid proof of time correctly and on time they'll generally fix things at Runner Relations during the Expo.

Nope. You can move back, but not move up. Not on race day anyway.

If you aren't satisfied with your corral placement, you can go to Runner Relations but need an actual proof of time.
I entered my POT but realized I forgot to check the box that said I acknowledge their rules or whatever. I guess I'll find out when I pick up my bib.
I feel like I should be fine....anyways, good luck to all with training!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 11.24.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 11.24.16 AM.png
    86.6 KB · Views: 9
I entered my POT but realized I forgot to check the box that said I acknowledge their rules or whatever. I guess I'll find out when I pick up my bib.

I submitted a POT that is about 40 seconds over the limit, based on DopeyBadger's calculation. So I'll see at the Expo as well ;) I just hope they don't put me in S6 as "punishment", but I'll have a great time anyway!

You'll probably be fine. Is the box uncheckable now? Ultimately that box was put there just to make you acknowledge that there was a POT cutoff date. Prior it was something you could find on their website, but someone could say they never saw it. Now with the checkbox, it's kind of making you agree to something like a TOS.

I submitted a POT that is about 40 seconds over the limit, based on DopeyBadger's calculation. So I'll see at the Expo as well ;) I just hope they don't put me in S6 as "punishment", but I'll have a great time anyway!

You won't be in s6 as punishment. I guarantee it. At worst the first non-POT corral. If your submitted time was 40 min away from the cutoff, sure maybe then. But not 40 seconds. It's still well within the margin for it to be reasonable for your to believe you could run under the POT cutoff without them having posted official cutoffs for the equivalencies.

How will we know when proof of time is accepted?

This is 100% the correct answer. Not knowing used to stress me out quite a bit. I'm not sure why they can't tell us sooner; since the race is sold out, they know everyone's anticipated time and it'd give them more time to resolve any issues... Of course, it'd also give people more time to complain so maybe that's why.

I've never been placed incorrectly and anecdotally it seems like runners relations always corrects any issues. Regardless, you're still running at Disney and bound to have a memorable experience 😊

How does the after party pass work? Is it added to MDE? Interested in the possibility of the Guardians ride but not sure how purchasing an ILL would work if you don’t have a “reservation” that day

How does the after party pass work? Is it added to MDE? Interested in the possibility of the Guardians ride but not sure how purchasing an ILL would work if you don’t have a “reservation” that day
I know this year ratatouille was still doing boarding groups/ILL but I believe it was “open” during the party … maybe people who went can share how that went as I assume if GoTG is running during the party it will function that way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter