Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

Still leaning toward something inspired by Imelda from Coco for the 5K

The 10k I am still thinking…. a small part of me wants to do figment to check both the Epcot 40th & “dragon” inspired theme but a part of me doesn’t want to keep to a basic box

Anyway non costume related but with merch preorders available today for club RunDisney springtime registration odds they will retroactively be added for the other three races in the 22-23 season?

Anyway non costume related but with merch preorders available today for club RunDisney springtime registration odds they will retroactively be added for the other three races in the 22-23 season?
No chance they’ll add pre-orders for W&D, I don’t think they’re organized enough to get everything set up. Slim to none for MW, and slight chance for Princess, but I doubt it.

I’m thinking standby like ratatouille was or maybe a later boarding group drop for those with a party ticket
That's what I think too. IIRC, Rat was on the VQ system at the time, and for the party it was standby.

They have the capability of doing a subset VQ - I believe Guardians has a 6pm VQ on Mondays for those with Deluxe Hotel Extended Evening Hours access. Could see a similar system in place.

Hi folx. Some DISers were asking about the $15 promo card and after-party ticket. The runDisney website indicates that the Promo Card can be retrieved at the expo if you are not able to receive it by postal mail. The promo-card steps are in the fine print for the race. I inquired about the After-Party ticket. Here's the very timely (quick) I received:

"We understand you may not receive your ticket(s) in time before your arrival to the event -- that’s okay! We will have Cast Members prepared to assist you throughout the weekend. Upon your arrival, simply visit The Arena Box Office during the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo with your race bib and photo ID. The official hours for the Expo are available on the runDisney website. You can find this information by visiting the "Expo" tab on the event page.

During this process, your unclaimed ticket(s) will be located and voided prior to any new ticket(s) being issued. Please be mindful that we have received many requests from participants to change their address or make other accommodations and we have not been able to fulfill them. Therefore, please prepare enough time to obtain your registration materials and your Post-Race Party tickets during this busy time."

During this process, your unclaimed ticket(s) will be located and voided prior to any new ticket(s) being issued. Please be mindful that we have received many requests from participants to change their address or make other accommodations and we have not been able to fulfill them.
Oh man. Given the shipping issues many of us have experienced with past RD events, I'm worried about the timeliness of these packages arriving before it's time to leave for Orlando.

Oh man. Given the shipping issues many of us have experienced with past RD events, I'm worried about the timeliness of these packages arriving before it's time to leave for Orlando.
That's why I asked the question. There was no way I would be able to receive any mailed items. It seems pretty clear there are mechanisms in place to make sure we receive the promo card and tickets. However, it does mean that you need to plan extra time at the Expo to pick them up. :cutie:

Hi folx. Some DISers were asking about the $15 promo card and after-party ticket. The runDisney website indicates that the Promo Card can be retrieved at the expo if you are not able to receive it by postal mail. The promo-card steps are in the fine print for the race. I inquired about the After-Party ticket. Here's the very timely (quick) I received:

"We understand you may not receive your ticket(s) in time before your arrival to the event -- that’s okay! We will have Cast Members prepared to assist you throughout the weekend. Upon your arrival, simply visit The Arena Box Office during the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo with your race bib and photo ID. The official hours for the Expo are available on the runDisney website. You can find this information by visiting the "Expo" tab on the event page.

During this process, your unclaimed ticket(s) will be located and voided prior to any new ticket(s) being issued. Please be mindful that we have received many requests from participants to change their address or make other accommodations and we have not been able to fulfill them. Therefore, please prepare enough time to obtain your registration materials and your Post-Race Party tickets during this busy time."
None of these things (runDisney, Magic Bands, etc) are shipped internationally. At 2017 WnD, I had to pick the party tickets at the Expo at a separate booth. The 15$ was virtual. Prior to a runDisney trip, I do a checklist of what I need to bring and to pickup at the Expo, a where to go!

What are people thinking for costumes so far? DH and I are going to MNSSHP for the first time this year (with no kids!) and so I might get a tinkerbell running dress that I can also use in one of the races this year. Maybe not for W&D however, as it doesn't fit with the theming.... (I'm doing at least 1 race in all race weekends 2022-23).

Might get a red white & blue Minnie running dress for the half (I really didn't pay attention to the USA theme until today). The 10k I'm going with DD13 and it's her first runD race, so I have to see what she wants to wear (I can tell you we're not going to theme as Raya, not really that into her).

Working on assembling the pieces for our Jake and Izzy costumes. My daughter's old Halloween costume is coming in useful! Those are hoop clip on earrings. My ear piercing grew over years ago and re-doing it would be a little extreme for a RunDisney costume, right? I'm only half joking. ;)

20220818_202831.jpg

Working on assembling the pieces for our Jake and Izzy costumes. My daughter's old Halloween costume is coming in useful! Those are hoop clip on earrings. My ear piercing grew over years ago and re-doing it would be a little extreme for a RunDisney costume, right? I'm only half joking. ;)

View attachment 695200
I'm ALL for re-piercing your ears to bring your costume to life. I don't think it's over the line at all!!

What are people thinking for costumes so far? DH and I are going to MNSSHP for the first time this year (with no kids!) and so I might get a tinkerbell running dress that I can also use in one of the races this year. Maybe not for W&D however, as it doesn't fit with the theming.... (I'm doing at least 1 race in all race weekends 2022-23).

Might get a red white & blue Minnie running dress for the half (I really didn't pay attention to the USA theme until today). The 10k I'm going with DD13 and it's her first runD race, so I have to see what she wants to wear (I can tell you we're not going to theme as Raya, not really that into her).
I hope this might help you in your search for a running costume. https://www.etsy.com/listing/128912...ick_sum=ae7395ff&ref=shop_home_active_4&frs=1

Hello! I'm registered for the half marathon- I've done 2 run Disney 10K (including the brutal April humidity one this year ha) and both were fun & I did fine with training. I've never been an athlete or runner earlier in life (34F) and am using Jeff Galloway's run/ walk method like I did for other races. Right now I'm training with 20/40 interval sometimes pushing to 25/35. My goal is to get to 30/30 interval by race time- have asthma but this seems doable with keeping heart rate ok. Does this seem like a pace that will be fine even with likely being in last corrals? Worried about getting swept but am training with Galloway's 13.1 app. Looking for reassurance/ tips. Super excited! We are staying onsite at Caribbean Beach- what is the best way for husband to cheer me on and or at least be able to watch me finish? No car so need Uber or on-site transportation and don't want him to miss me. Thanks in advance!

We are staying onsite at Caribbean Beach- what is the best way for husband to cheer me on and or at least be able to watch me finish? No car so need Uber or on-site transportation and don't want him to miss me. Thanks in advance!

If the course stays reasonably the same (and they usually do) then the most reasonable places to see you are outside Studios and outside or in Epcot. If you don't have park tickets or plan to do Epcot, then outside Studios, or the International Gateway entrance to Epcot would be options. It's possible to get there via Skyliner, assuming it's within about 90 minutes of park opening--you'll have to figure out your likely start time and pace and when you might get there. There will also be bus transportation to/from the race, which spectators can use. If he can go into Epcot, then he could possibly catch you at Int'l Gateway and then also inside Epcot.

My goal is to get to 30/30 interval by race time- have asthma but this seems doable with keeping heart rate ok. Does this seem like a pace that will be fine even with likely being in last corrals?
The question cannot be directly answered until you know what pace a 30/30 interval will be for you, and if you feel you can maintain that pace for the entire race. There are many threads and long answers about avoiding being swept. In simplest terms, you have to stay ahead of the balloon ladies who are the last to start and maintain a 16 minute per mile pace. You should try to start before them as much as you can, with the awareness that thousands of other runners have the same idea. If your 30/30 pace is 16 minutes a mile or faster then you will be fine and might be also able to stop for pictures if that is important to you.

What is your current minutes per mile pace using your 20/40 intervals?

I'm also running the half and share your excitement!

The question cannot be directly answered until you know what pace a 30/30 interval will be for you, and if you feel you can maintain that pace for the entire race. There are many threads and long answers about avoiding being swept. In simplest terms, you have to stay ahead of the balloon ladies who are the last to start and maintain a 16 minute per mile pace. You should try to start before them as much as you can, with the awareness that thousands of other runners have the same idea. If your 30/30 pace is 16 minutes a mile or faster then you will be fine and might be also able to stop for pictures if that is important to you.

What is your current minutes per mile pace using your 20/40 intervals?

I'm also running the half and share your excitement!
Thank you! With my 20/40 I'm averaging about 16 or a few seconds over 16, really working on speeding they up with endurance over time. I think it's more mental than heart rate and I can push myself a bit more. Thank you!

Right now I'm training with 20/40 interval sometimes pushing to 25/35. My goal is to get to 30/30 interval by race time- have asthma but this seems doable with keeping heart rate ok. Does this seem like a pace that will be fine even with likely being in last corrals? Worried about getting swept but am training with Galloway's 13.1 app. Looking for reassurance/ tips.

Galloway intervals and paces are something that I've learned a lot about recently. The simple answer is that your intervals are NOT what get you faster. You should be focused on improving your overall pace per mile and then find the intervals that work best for you to get that pace. The Galloway website has a recommended ratio chart, but that is what works for "most people." Your mileage may vary (no pun intended).

Here's the crazy thing - if you increase your running interval, you may actually make yourself SLOWER. Example: If you are running 30/30 and during your run you are running at a 10:00 per mile pace and walking at a 16:00 mile pace, you will average a 13:00 mile pace. If you increase your run time 60 seconds and can maintain the same 10:00 per mile for the entire 60 seconds, yes, you will be going faster. However, running longer means running slower (for instance a 12:00 per mile run pace), you will actually be going slower - and not only that, but you are using more energy and will likely fade/get even slower as the distances increase. [Note: I just used these numbers as examples and didn't actually work the math out. I'm a historian and historians don't do math well, but this should give you an idea of the concept]

I know that I had A LOT of trouble understanding this, but I've actually seen it happening in my own running. I was doing 30/30 ratios and pushing myself to do them even through they were a struggle because I thought that that was how I would get faster. Then one night I was having a bad run and decided to "give in" and modify it to 15 run/30 walk, just so I could complete the workout. I was stunned to run the second half mile with the 15/30 29 seconds faster than the previous half mile at 30/30. AND I felt like I could have continued at that pace for many more miles when I was killing myself at 30/30. It was a 💡 light bulb moment for me. Switching made my workouts more enjoyable, more productive, and faster - win, win, win!

Looking at the Galloway pacer chart for last year's Wine and Dine, the intervals were 15/30 for the 14:53 per mile and 16:00 per mile pace groups. That shows you what a wide range of speeds there can be with the same interval. The 30/30 group was going between 12:35 and 13:43 per mile.

I hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter