Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

Does anyone have a decent guess as to what time is reasonable to expect to be getting to a park on the morning of the 10k? We won't be in the first coral or the last. We will want to head to the hotel (POFQ) for a shower. But then we're basically planning to head over to Epcot and shovel food into our faces while showing off our medals. Just looking for a decent guess as to what time that might be? I don't think it will change which park we do on race day but since I'm about to get our tix and make our Park Ressies I thought I'd ask this panel of seasoned experts!

At 8:17am I took a picture of my champagne at my Sanaa breakfast (I just found the photo and checked the time stamp so I'd know for sure). We stop for all characters and start mid pack. Hope that helps!
Ooops forgot to quote @escriven75

Does anyone have a decent guess as to what time is reasonable to expect to be getting to a park on the morning of the 10k? We won't be in the first coral or the last. We will want to head to the hotel (POFQ) for a shower. But then we're basically planning to head over to Epcot and shovel food into our faces while showing off our medals. Just looking for a decent guess as to what time that might be? I don't think it will change which park we do on race day but since I'm about to get our tix and make our Park Ressies I thought I'd ask this panel of seasoned experts!
My earliest time stamps for being in park on a 10k day are 11-1130 am ish (last or next to last coral usually stop for at least one character with showering, changing and grabbing a ‘treat’ before bussing out)

I was showered, changed and heading out to Epcot after the Princess 10K by 10:11am (I ran into Goofy and Donald at my resort (All Star Music) and took selfies). I have a selfie of me in my new ears at Epcot at 11:42am, so I would guess I got there at about 11?

Do you have any idea what pace you will be running? You can pretty well do the math from there. Someone in the first corral running a 40 min 10K will be done two hours earlier than someone in the last corral with a 1:40 10K so it can vary quite a bit.

This past January, I was showered and at Epcot for the 8:30 early opening after the half marathon. I was in the first corral, stopped for many photos, and finished just under 2 hours. There were still people finishing when the park opened. There is a wide range of times possible and a lot of it depends on your expected pace.

10K day is our one park day for this trip and I plan to be at rope drop at MK that day. I'll be done by 6, will head back to the room to take a quick shower, gather the family, and off to MK.

This will be my first Rundisney race, or any race. I am signed up for the 10k and the half. Do both race start at the Epcot parking lot? I'll be staying at the Boardwalk and Bay Lake for the half. Should I bus or drive? Also, when is the course usually released? Thank for any help!

This will be my first Rundisney race, or any race. I am signed up for the 10k and the half. Do both race start at the Epcot parking lot? I'll be staying at the Boardwalk and Bay Lake for the half. Should I bus or drive? Also, when is the course usually released? Thank for any help!
If courses stay they way they have been both would start at TTC end at Epcot…

It would be easier imho to bus from resort vs park at Epcot than bus to TTC though I THINK you can do ride share drop off directly at TTC

You can find the race courses from last year here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/wine-dine-1-2-marathon-weekend-2021.3819725/post-63451406

That can give you an idea of what it might look like this year

5K: I wonder if it has movement like the others
10k: hopefully the inside is just a silhouette and doesn’t have easily breakable parts like Everest

Not doing but commentary anyway
Half.. wish the back of the spinner was 22 or something else soul not WDW 50th

Challenge I think it’s cool concept

Assuming that your hotel lock works*, you can plan on a leisurely bus, shower, and bus back to get you to the park by 11 pretty easily, and TBH if you're going in order to graze the festival you don't really want to go earlier than that since the booths don't open earlier.

* True story at Princess 10k this year (staying toward the back of one of the All Star resorts) I got back to my room and my magic band didn't work so I had to walk all the way back to the front desk and get a key card, then back to the room where it didn't work so I approached a group of custodial workers going off shift for help because I didn't want to make the round trip again. Their master keys didn't work so they called maintenance. 15 minutes later a maintenance guy came out and his master key didn't work so he had to call another maintenance worker who took almost 30 minutes to come out. He had to pop open the lock and plug in a laptop to make the door open. An hour of waiting for a shower with an extra lap back to the front desk after a 10k.... very unhappy and Disney didn't really do anything for me about it. But at least it was fixed and didn't happen coming back the next day after the half. That would have made me cry. Probably literally.

Also, digging the medals, can't wait for Wine & Dine now!!!!

I like the 10K. I really like the half. And I love the challenge. I'm very happy that I registered for these races. They might be catered long runs for me, but I'm going to be earning some pretty nice bling.

I'm sure they will look great in person but I've never been a fan of the theme. The only movie that is represented that I've even seen is Aladdin. I don't really let the theme or medals make or break my weekend but if I did I would have skipped this year.

My DH was VERY unimpressed with the medals via the rundisney FB post about them. He's happier now that he sees what all of them do. I am not excited that they all say "I DID IT" on them.
It wouldn't be so bad if you a tually had to finish the race to get them.

My DH was VERY unimpressed with the medals via the rundisney FB post about them. He's happier now that he sees what all of them do. I am not excited that they all say "I DID IT" on them.

I really don't understand RunDisney's obsession with slapping "I DID IT" on ever single thing associated with the weekend.

So excited to see the medal reveal! Looking forward to seeing them in person. It'd be neat for the challenge medal if you have to rub/press the lamp to reveal the Genie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter