Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

And I'm over here still waiting on them to start selling AP's again. I was waiting before Springtime Surprise. I just don't even want to think of the possibility of planning park days and buying other passes for this November trip. I thought for sure they would be selling them again by now. I just want an AP dang it! Not even sure what passes look like for a trip in November. I hadn't thought about the possibility of the Christmas parties starting. I'll have to look at that and see what's available.

To those planning travel and stays, FYI, FWIW:

They’re set to announce, later this week, the Holiday events. In prior years it seems that the first of the Mickey and Minnie Very Merriest parties start on the Monday immediately after the W&D events. I’ve booked two outgoing flights (one leaving Monday, the other Tuesday) to give myself flexibility in the event I wanted to stay on for that after hours ticketed event.
I'm planning to stay through Monday for this very reason. Not really sure what I'll do if there is no Monday Christmas party but I'm sure I'll figure something out 😆

I've been getting twitter notifications all day about them opening for a very brief period.

To those planning travel and stays, FYI, FWIW:

They’re set to announce, later this week, the Holiday events. In prior years it seems that the first of the Mickey and Minnie Very Merriest parties start on the Monday immediately after the W&D events. I’ve booked two outgoing flights (one leaving Monday, the other Tuesday) to give myself flexibility in the event I wanted to stay on for that after hours ticketed event.
Sadly, the first Christmas party is Tuesday, Nov. 8, so doubling up on back to back after hours parties is not in the cards.

I still regret not having added a day for MNSSHP to WnD in 2017. If the Christmas party is important to you, go for it!

I saw on one of the FB groups that people have done rides during both marathon and half marathon distances.

Has anyone done it during W&D? I *think* the time might work if you have both a later corral and slow walk it to time it so you're in DHS around 8:30 am...

Am I missing something?

Disclaimer: I'm not the best at math, so this could be wrong and if it is, I'll fix it.

from a mathematical standpoint, go with the last corral/sweepers starting at 6am and the sweep line being 3.5hrs, that means around 9:30am at the finish line. It would also completely depend on what the actual park hours are on that day. It would probably depend on where HS ended up being on the course, your pace, etc. if you could get on a ride for the half. Last year it looks like HS was around the 10mi mark (160min OR 8:40am) and the options would be ToT or RnR for rides. That would give you a maximum allowable time of 50min to finish the race AFTER getting off the ride (16min/mi for 3.1mi.) For some people that is more than doable, and for others it may not be. How long will the line for the ride be? How long does it take to get through the queue and onto the ride and then back actually GO on the ride and get back on the course? It would also depend on where they would be making the actual sweep points on the course since if you DID have to wait until 8:30 to get on the ride, the sweep line would be entering HS at around that time as well (8:40am ish.) And from there you have to weigh the risk/reward of going on a ride during the half and potentially getting swept because you stopped (and the line was long, there was a technical issue, the pre-ride area takes a long time, etc) and then they swept in front of you before you were able to catch up even if you would have been able to catch up.

During the full marathon in January there's more wiggle room and I believe most people who go on rides do so much later in the race (and when the parks are open) in AK and HS because they're close enough to the end that the park is open by the time they get there, but they still have plenty of cushion time in front of the sweep line.

Disclaimer: I'm not the best at math, so this could be wrong and if it is, I'll fix it.

from a mathematical standpoint, go with the last corral/sweepers starting at 6am and the sweep line being 3.5hrs, that means around 9:30am at the finish line. It would also completely depend on what the actual park hours are on that day. It would probably depend on where HS ended up being on the course, your pace, etc. if you could get on a ride for the half. Last year it looks like HS was around the 10mi mark (160min OR 8:40am) and the options would be ToT or RnR for rides. That would give you a maximum allowable time of 50min to finish the race AFTER getting off the ride (16min/mi for 3.1mi.) For some people that is more than doable, and for others it may not be. How long will the line for the ride be? How long does it take to get through the queue and onto the ride and then back actually GO on the ride and get back on the course? It would also depend on where they would be making the actual sweep points on the course since if you DID have to wait until 8:30 to get on the ride, the sweep line would be entering HS at around that time as well (8:40am ish.) And from there you have to weigh the risk/reward of going on a ride during the half and potentially getting swept because you stopped (and the line was long, there was a technical issue, the pre-ride area takes a long time, etc) and then they swept in front of you before you were able to catch up even if you would have been able to catch up.

During the full marathon in January there's more wiggle room and I believe most people who go on rides do so much later in the race (and when the parks are open) in AK and HS because they're close enough to the end that the park is open by the time they get there, but they still have plenty of cushion time in front of the sweep line.
I was gaming it out and figure my best chance/optimal ride is MMRR at DHS. Short ride, etc. But, to your point, if it opens at 8:30 a.m. with early park entry, that's a very narrow window to make happen if the sweepers are following behind us at 8:40 a.m.

I was gaming it out and figure my best chance/optimal ride is MMRR at DHS. Short ride, etc. But, to your point, if it opens at 8:30 a.m. with early park entry, that's a very narrow window to make happen if the sweepers are following behind us at 8:40 a.m.

You also have to consider the likely course. Most of the HM courses only do a small section of Studios -- coming in near Tower and RNR and leaving through either the backstage path from Fantasmic or turning the corner near the Starbucks and leaving through the entrance gate on that side. Diverting to Tower or RNR would be relatively easy, as you're basically running right by them, but going all the way to MMRR and back could add a significant amount of time.

I can’t seem to find any guidance on corral times for this race (or others). I feel like if I start around 6:15/6:30 ish I should be fine?

I can’t seem to find any guidance on corral times for this race (or others). I feel like if I start around 6:15/6:30 ish I should be fine?
The start line will likely be closed by 6:15a. The races all start at 5a which you can find on the rundisney site: https://www.rundisney.com/events/di...e-half-marathon-weekend/events/half-marathon/. Typically the last runners start by 6a but it can be quicker if they rush the start due to weather. It could also be later if the race is delayed for some reason but I wouldn’t count on that.

I’m assuming this is a follow up to your previous question about rides. I’ve never heard of anyone riding something during a race that is not the marathon. For W&D, the last finishers earn their medal at about 9:30a. It’s too early to know official park hours but I believe 9a is the standard for that time of year. It might be possible but you can see it’s a pretty tight window.

I’m assuming this is a follow up to your previous question about rides. I’ve never heard of anyone riding something during a race that is not the marathon. For W&D, the last finishers earn their medal at about 9:30a. It’s too early to know official park hours but I believe 9a is the standard for that time of year. It might be possible but you can see it’s a pretty tight window.
I did see runners coming off Tower one year during the half one year. I can't remember, but I feel like it was 2019. Clearly, they were faster than we were, but I think some people did hop off the course who were near us.

I know it's only guesses but when might we expect course maps and medal unveiling? Also, park hours for race weekend?
I was so excited to see W&D food menus so I better get our tickets purchases and park ressies made soon!
A booth devoted solely to FRENCH FRIES......yes please!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter