Will Wishes be rescheduled to reflect new MK closing time? (Feb 10)

MegaraWink

Mouseketeer
For whatever reason, I can't find anything close to an answer on this subject in my searches. I give up! I'm trusting to the wisdom of those who have observed these sorts of schedule changes...

The situation: On February 10, the original Magic Kingdom closing time was 8pm and ergo Wishes was slated for 8pm. However, Disney has recently changed the MK closing time to 10pm. No evening EMH, just 10pm. Wishes is still slated at 8pm and has been that way for almost a week now.

The reason I'm anxious about this is I'm debating canceling my Wishes dessert party reservation if it's at 8pm. I made the reservation hoping the time would change... I have a BOG reservation that's cutting it close, and I don't want to rush from restaurant to restaurant like that.

Opinion: Wishes at 8pm would be such a bummer. In the middle of the park time like that? I love it capping off an evening.

I appreciate your help!

I personally think it would move to at least 9pm but I am not familiar with going this time of the year. In the summer, Wishes was always 9pm.

When we visited in late September the closing hours changed but the schedule remained the same. We did a pirates fireworks cruise so they really can't change the schedule. It would affect a lot of other plans for people as it would your own plans.

Last edited:

In February it is dark that time of night, so it is possible that they would just show them when originally scheduled. Then people can still do things after the show. It actually would be better in my mind to avoid the mad dash out of the park after Wishes. There would still be a lot that would leave right after, but, for those that stayed behind they would have a lot easier time getting on the more popular rides.

Did you look to change the BOG times? If you can't, and that is a priority, I would cancel the dessert party and just stand near whatever hub you want to go on rides next. The good news is the park may clear out earlier leaving you with 2 hours to go on rides with less waits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter