Will this work? OBC and ressie transfers

stout

Mouseketeer
We are sailing on 09/23/07 with intentions of booking on-board for the 10/25/2008 double dip. We are booking three rooms because we are taking some extended family members as a gift. I know I can book onboard to get the 10% discount and the $200 OBC per stateroom. Can I use my Disney Visa to get an ADDITIONAL $50 OBC? Will that apply to each stateroom? Can I then transfer all three reservations to DU (before paid in full) to get an ADDITIONAL OBC per stateroom? If so, does anyone know what DU is offering for an OBC for the 7 night cruises? I'm wondering if this is all possible because it sounds too good to be true! Thanks!

I am in the process of doing something similar. So I can't wait to hear the replies for you. I know you can transfer from DCL to another TA and get both OBC (DCL & TA) but not sure about the third. That's what I'm trying to do now, I've already transfered from DCl to another TA and got both OBC now there is another TA offering $100 OBC so I wanna see if I can transfer to them. GOOD LUCK!!

Hi Stout,

If you rebook while on board, you will be eligible for DCL's discount and shipboard credit.

You will not be eligible for the Disney Visa offer as DCL policy will not allow you to combine Disney promotions. The onboard booking discount and credit are a better deal.

You can then transfer your reservation to DU and be eligible for their promotion as that is coming from them and not directly from Disney.

I hope that makes sense.

Kevin

Transfering from TA to TA is not that easy. And if the first TA let's you go, I doubt they would let you keep their incentive... I mean think about it.. A person could just bounce from one TA to another until their cruise was free...

But to the OP, yes you can do that. Book with DCL then transfer to DU. To see DU's latest offerings click their banner at the top of this fourm and you should see where they have the OBC offers listed :-)

As above, you can get one on-board credit from Disney (whether DCL, Disney Visa, etc....it's all Disney.) Thus, you would get the 10% + $200 per stateroom for rebooking while onboard. This is always the best deal going. You cannot get the Disney Visa credit in addition to this.

Then, you can get any "deal" that a TA may be offering when you transfer your ressie to them. You contact the TA with your ressie number and names of all travellers--they can take it from there. It is very easy to transfer a ressie from DCL to a TA. It is not so easy to transfer from one TA to another.

If you are re-booking on board, you can only book for the discount rate and OBC if the # of rooms you requested is the same # of people traveling in your party. For example, you are booking on board and it's just you and your spouse. You then can only rebook 2 rooms for a future criuise for the discount rate.

If you are re-booking on board, you can only book for the discount rate and OBC if the # of rooms you requested is the same # of people traveling in your party. For example, you are booking on board and it's just you and your spouse. You then can only rebook 2 rooms for a future criuise for the discount rate.

I didn't know that! Thanks for the info :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter