Why is everyone so concerned with the new Poly tower

Seems like you have your strategy then. I love it when everyone is happy!
That's a pretty big shift for you, you've declared many times you will only buy direct from now on.
I think people are allowed to change their minds on how they buy DVC when DVC itself appears to undermine its own selling strategy. And none of us know exactly how this will play out.

Seems like you have your strategy then. I love it when everyone is happy!

For me, yes, but it goes to show that someone like me who was a diehard direct buyer can have my mind changed this easily which is in direct conflict with what I figured they wanted…people to choose direct over resale.

Roughly a decade ago, there was someone who posted upcoming WDW DVC plans. They correctly projected PVB, RIV, CFW. I can't recall if they indicated CCV. Next one that I recall is an EPCOT resort. I think he indicated either YC or a new resort built near the front of Epcot.

A new true walk-in Epcot resort will set the boards on fire. People won't care that it will be restricted. It may be the easiest sale DVD has ever had.
It was Tikiman who was the prognosticator. Might even have been on a different board. His list of upcoming resorts back then was:

WL – room conversions & new cabins
YC – room conversions
CBR - new building
FW
PVB (phase 2)

He nailed CCV, RIV, CFW, PVB2 and got the order correct as well.

It was Tikiman who was the prognosticator. Might even have been on a different board. His list of upcoming resorts back then was:

YC – room conversions
CBR - new building
FW
PVB (phase 2)

What happened to the YC room conversions lol

4/5 is pretty good though.

I think the reason DVC sells so much better than any other time share is because it holds its value so well.

No idea what they were thinking on Riviera but it seems maybe they realized the error of their ways and hopefully are going to stop rocking the boat!

I bought way more points (both resale and direct) than I would have (or should have lol) because I’ve always felt like I can enjoy it and sell it one day. If they kept going with restrictions I would be done, now I will be adding on again and will wait to see the incentives before I decide direct or resale.

I felt like every clue they gave starting from the original announcement pointed to it being the same, so was pretty positive this was going to be the same, surprised how many thought it would go the other way.

I think people are allowed to change their minds on how they buy DVC when DVC itself appears to undermine its own selling strategy. And none of us know exactly how this will play out.
That's me!

I thought I'd be resale all the way... Then the summer incentives hit and we decided Direct...

Had such a great experience and the price wasn't too bad it would take a lot for us to consider going back into the resale market.

Of course, right now the only way to add onto our resort is resale, so there is that...

Plus, some resorts only make sense resale.

YC – room conversions
CBR - new building
FW
PVB (phase 2)

Has anyone ever seen Tikiman? Or is he like The Wizard of Oz?

Last edited:

YC – room conversions
CBR - new building
FW
PVB (phase 2)

Unfortunately, he was served papers by Disney because of his posts. He can no longer reveal any information without legal consequences.

I joked recently with my bestie who just followed my lead and has an offer accepted today for resale. We determined that we would pool our funds and buy a 25 points $400 a point Epcot dvc for the 6 of us to stay one night every third year in a studio.

Disney, build it and we will come! Restrict it, offer outrageous point charts, make us offer sacrifices at the front desk. We will still buy!

Could he give his info to someone else to release it?
Back then Disney served papers so he cannot post or talk about any non publicly disclosed information.
He needs to protect his family. No reason for him to risk losing his house and everything he owns.

Last edited:
Back then Disney served papers so he cannot post or talk about any non publicly disclosed information.
He needs to protect his family. No reason for him to risk losing his house and everything he owns.
Makes me curious as to how/what info he gets that has Disney scared.

The decision really makes me question Disney’s judgement. Why wait to buy the new tower direct when you can get the 11 month window already, right now, with resale? And I’m not sure the ability to book at Riviera and VDH, with apparently nothing else on the horizon, will make a direct purchase any more attractive.
100% agree. The reason I am back this on site after a couple months of inactivity. We are committed to Poly2, 2 bedroom. Resale restriction to Poly only stays has no impact on our decision.

The information could have skewed people from buying resort A knowing resort B was coming.
Oh ok. Good point. He must have a good source to get the info from. I wonder if he didnt legally own anything, what Disney could do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter