Who Invited My Mother In Law? A Moderately Deluxe TR All New X 3 & PTR Link 2/3 !!

Well, on a good note, at least Maddie didn't get soaked while she was wearing that pretty dress! And no more rain? Lucky!!

I am loving the CBR shots already. I have requested Martinique like we had last time...but that's blue, and most definitely not pink or purple! Maybe I made a mistake:scared1:!

Now I'm very curious to try those chips. Brandon loves to figure out how to re-create things we love eating, so I'm going to make it his mission to find out how they season those chips! Hope he doesn't mind...;)

MK time! YAY:cool1:!

Love your previous TR!! And loving this one. DD is a doll. She reminds me so much of my niece, even in the video of you revealing the surprise...they could be twins.

My niece will be 5 in December and she is my surrogate daughter (since I got dealt all boys ;-)

Last time we were in the world together was right before her second birthday...can't wait to take her back next year!!

Thank you! Your niece sounds adorable :) You will have such a great time taking her to WDW! Princess overload!

Ah! At least the rain didn't last that long! I definitely know we didn't come across any rain, lucky time to take a trip, that's for sure! That sucks about the stroller, but at least it was something like that and not something super valuable!? I adore that Rapunzel dress, when we saw the deluxe wedding dress at the disney store over christmas I nearly bought it to save for my child, but then figured that wouldn't be the smartest investment :lmao:

The lunches look great! I only at ONCE at OPR, weird, but we were never there when it was open! Glad to know that MK is up next! Super excited to read about it!!a

I think you guys probably got really lucky. If I'm not mistaken, the rain ended before you even landed right? The weather was pretty great, even though it was cool in the mornings and evenings.

I do love that wedding dress. It's so pretty, and not as expensive as the ones in the parks :thumbsup2 The deluxe one is gorgeous, I don't blame you at all.

Did you enjoy OPR? We really liked it.

Well, on a good note, at least Maddie didn't get soaked while she was wearing that pretty dress! And no more rain? Lucky!!

I am loving the CBR shots already. I have requested Martinique like we had last time...but that's blue, and most definitely not pink or purple! Maybe I made a mistake:scared1:!

Now I'm very curious to try those chips. Brandon loves to figure out how to re-create things we love eating, so I'm going to make it his mission to find out how they season those chips! Hope he doesn't mind...;)

MK time! YAY:cool1:!

No rain on a princess dress is a very good thing. She'd have freaked out. :rotfl: We got so lucky with the rain, we were so grateful.

CBR pictures make me happy. I really loved it there. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Martinique is one of the preferred locations though right? I think you'll be happy with that. We liked Aruba because it was really close to the bridge, and we could book a standard room. The pink and purple was a huge bonus though :rotfl:

The chips were delicious. I'm obsessed with home made potato chips, so if he figures it out, you have to let me know. They weren't so smokey that I suspected cumin, and were a little sweeter than plain old BBQ seasoning. I really hope that Brandon figures it out!

I hope to have the first MK installment up tomorrow!

Great TR! We are just home today (also in IL). Looking forward to more!

Glad you're here! Are you missing it already? For me, the depression starts before I even leave!

Not in TSMM, but there was the Walgreens incident of '09 and the EPCOT episode of '11 :)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

You guys do sound just like us!!!!

I think you guys probably got really lucky. If I'm not mistaken, the rain ended before you even landed right? The weather was pretty great, even though it was cool in the mornings and evenings.

I do love that wedding dress. It's so pretty, and not as expensive as the ones in the parks The deluxe one is gorgeous, I don't blame you at all.

Did you enjoy OPR? We really liked it.

Haha! Yup it sure did! I wish we had landed earlier, but I'm glad we missed the rain. Our first couple of days it was just COLD, then again, that was a shirt and shorts cold, but i honestly found it colder than it was in Jan, as I only needed my thin sweater then, and I was still cold with it in April.

Gah! So gorgeous! I just want to buy all the princess dresses! I'm seriously on Etsy right now attempting to find something Rapunzel esq for halloween for me!

It was ok! I only ate there the one time, and the food wasn't great (although there was cornbread, which was good haha!)

We waited at the Old Port Royale bus stop for about 20 minutes before a Magic Kingdom bus arrived. While we waited, some of us pranced and preened and some of us just waited on the benches.

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

The trip to Magic Kingdom was short, probably only 15 minutes or so. Maddie was so excited to be getting to Disney World at last that she chattered to MiL and I the whole way there. We went though bag check, and finally we went inside.

I grabbed a Times Guide on my way though the tunnel because any self-respecting character stalkers must be armed with information. Before we’d even seen the castle, Maddie declared that she needed to see some princesses. We decided to go to the Town Square Theatre Meet and Greet since it was closest. We promised to go see Rapunzel during that first afternoon since Mads was wearing her wedding dress. Daisy (who Maddie adores) was out signing autographs and posing for photos, but Maddie had laser-focus. Only princesses would do.

The wait was posted at 15 minutes, and that’s exactly how long it took to get inside. Maddie has been taking ballet and tap classes all year, so while we waited in line she practiced her pirouettes. She wanted them to be perfect before she showed the ladies her moves.

IMG_1896.jpg

We saw Cinderella first. Maddie ran up, hugged her, and then stepped back without a word and began to spin. Cinderella was suitably impressed. And then, Cindy did something that I’ve never seen any of the princesses do, she showed Maddie how cool her dress looked when she did pirouettes. It was priceless. After much dancing and chatting about how gorgeous their gowns were, Maddie and Cindy finally posed for a few photos.

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

Photo0012FourBySix.jpg

Photo0007FourBySix.jpg

Photo0008FourBySix.jpg

Photo0015FourBySix.jpg

Photo0019FourBySix.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

Photo0026FourBySix.jpg

Maddie practically floated over to Belle. Belle was treated to Maddie’s killer dance moves before she got her hug, and then they chatted. Belle asked Maddie how long we’d been there (“we just got here”) and what her favorite ride was (“Test Track”). Then, Belle told Maddie that Test Track is Beast’s favorite ride too, but when he rides it his fur gets all tangled because it goes so fast. Maddie thought that was the funniest thing she’d ever heard, and talked about it several times a day for the rest of the week. She also talked to every Belle that we met about Beast’s love of Test Track, and luckily they all caught on very quickly and played along. Once photos were taken, we moved on to meet Aurora.

IMG_1929.jpg

Photo0039FourBySix.jpg

Photo0035FourBySix.jpg

Aurora was sweet, but she was no match for the fantastic girls that we’d just met. She and Maddie talked about how pretty Maddie’s dress was and discussed tiaras and jewelry then posed for pictures.

IMG_1947.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

Photo0045FourBySix.jpg

I was so happy to see my little girl back in her happy place that I was fighting back tears the whole time. I glanced over at MiL, and she seemed almost as overcome as I was.

For the first time all day, I was kind of glad that we’d invited her.

Hi! I'm here kind of late but I'm all caught up! It looks like your trip is off to a good start, minus the bit of rain. Your daughter's Rapunzel dress is adorable and the princess pictures are wonderful.

I love that Maddie was dancing at the bus stop. Xander likes to dance all the time too. They really would get along well. The Beast getting his fur tangled on Test Track is funny. Maddie looks as beautiful as the princesses in that lovely dress. I cannot wait to see her picture with Rapunzel.

Aren't those princesses amazing! They always take the time to interact with the girls! I get awe struck too!

What a great visit with the princesses! We had really great interactions with them too, they are always so nice and they really think on their feet and know when to play along and somehow manage to keep the same storyline and dialogue going every time you meet a 'new' version of the same princess!

Wow those pictures with the princesses are adorable! Maddie looks so happy, pictures like that make it all worth it don't they?

My daughter is not really into the princesses yet but my son has a crush on Belle, (that he denies of course) so we will be going to see them at the Town Square meet and greet.

Maddie looks like she's having the time of her life with the princesses. It's great to see those kinds of character interactions. Makes it all worthwhile!:thumbsup2

Aww! What a magical experience with the princesses! I love the fact that Cinderella danced for Maddie! :cutie:

The Aurora we met was pretty dull too! I wonder what it is about her exactly. Maybe she's just too sleepy. :rolleyes: Maddie looks adorable in all her photos! I love the Rapunzel wedding dress!

I am officially done with my Trip Report, so I can now concentrate on all of yours and NOT get behind again.

I'm glad the rain did not last too long and that Maddie got happy when she saw the rain end. Our son stayed at CBR with his baseball team in 2009 (he's a coach) and he had that PhillySteak sandwich the whole time they were there (he didn't like the looks of any of the other food :lmao::lmao:).

Glad you finally got to the MK and that Maddie got to see her Princesses. The pictures are absolutely priceless...especially the ones with Cinderella and Maddie with their dresses swirling.

Oh my goodness, Maddie's meeting with the Princesses is just priceless. I would have gotten welled up with tears too if I had witnessed that.

You're not the only person I've read a TR from that says they were underwhelmed by Sleeping Beauty. Wonder what the deal is with that.

Maddie looks absolutely beautiful in that dress. I love it.

Aww! What a magical experience with the princesses! I love the fact that Cinderella danced for Maddie! :cutie:

The Aurora we met was pretty dull too! I wonder what it is about her exactly. Maybe she's just too sleepy. :rolleyes: Maddie looks adorable in all her photos! I love the Rapunzel wedding dress!

Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney film and I'm always disappointed with the Auroras I've met in the parks. My only guess is that Aurora is on screen for so little of the movie that it's hard to get a grasp on her personality. :confused3

Hi! I'm here kind of late but I'm all caught up! It looks like your trip is off to a good start, minus the bit of rain. Your daughter's Rapunzel dress is adorable and the princess pictures are wonderful.

Welcome! Thanks for joining in! It was a pretty good start, but it had been a long morning already, so it was hard not to focus on the bad at the time.

Thanks so much!

I love that Maddie was dancing at the bus stop. Xander likes to dance all the time too. They really would get along well. The Beast getting his fur tangled on Test Track is funny. Maddie looks as beautiful as the princesses in that lovely dress. I cannot wait to see her picture with Rapunzel.

Oh yeah, she dances all the time. In fact, she did so much dancing she wore holes in the bottom of her princess shoes on the day she went to BBB! :lmao:

I bet that they would get along, she really loves to shop too!

She thought that it was hilarious that Beast's fur gets tangled. She still talks about it all the time.

Thank you! (spoiler) you'll have to wait for that Rapunzel pic unfortunately. :sad1:

Aren't those princesses amazing! They always take the time to interact with the girls! I get awe struck too!

They really are. Some of the CMs are so incredible. It takes a special person to do what they do, but it must be so rewarding. princess:

What a great visit with the princesses! We had really great interactions with them too, they are always so nice and they really think on their feet and know when to play along and somehow manage to keep the same storyline and dialogue going every time you meet a 'new' version of the same princess!

It was really great. The perfect way to start the trip.

I am always struck by how well they know their storylines, and they really do an awesome job of picking up where another left off.

I'm glad that you guys had really great experiences too, it means so much when you have little ones!

Wow those pictures with the princesses are adorable! Maddie looks so happy, pictures like that make it all worth it don't they?

My daughter is not really into the princesses yet but my son has a crush on Belle, (that he denies of course) so we will be going to see them at the Town Square meet and greet.

Thank you!! She was on cloud nine. It was totally worth it, we'd have waited in line for 2 hours if we knew that we'd get that interaction.

So cute! You'll have to play the M&G off as though it's for your DD so that DS doesn't get embarrassed!

Maddie looks like she's having the time of her life with the princesses. It's great to see those kinds of character interactions. Makes it all worthwhile!:thumbsup2

She really was. We've had some awesome luck with amazing characters, and they are all Maddie talks about. Totally worth it.

Aw...Maddie is so cute! I miss those princess-loving days!

Thank you so much! We're willing to stand in those lines as long as she wants to, we know that our days are numbered. We're trying to enjoy them as much as possible.

It was so great, I couldn't believe it when Cindy started to spin around like that!

We did meet one really good Aurora on the last day of the trip, but she's the only one we've met who wasn't boring. Maybe she is sleepy :lmao:

Thank you! It's one of her favorite dresses for sure.

:wave2: joining in :wave2:

:wave: Hi! Thanks for joining in!

I am officially done with my Trip Report, so I can now concentrate on all of yours and NOT get behind again.

I'm glad the rain did not last too long and that Maddie got happy when she saw the rain end. Our son stayed at CBR with his baseball team in 2009 (he's a coach) and he had that PhillySteak sandwich the whole time they were there (he didn't like the looks of any of the other food :lmao::lmao:).

Glad you finally got to the MK and that Maddie got to see her Princesses. The pictures are absolutely priceless...especially the ones with Cinderella and Maddie with their dresses swirling.

I got caught up just in time for you TR to end! I'll get in on the next one early :goodvibes

I was so pleased that the rain didn't last, and Maddie was beyond happy.

Bryan really like that Philly. We only ate there the first day, so he didn't have to eat it every day :rotfl:

She finally got to meet her princesses! Thank you so much!

Oh my goodness, Maddie's meeting with the Princesses is just priceless. I would have gotten welled up with tears too if I had witnessed that.

You're not the only person I've read a TR from that says they were underwhelmed by Sleeping Beauty. Wonder what the deal is with that.

Maddie looks absolutely beautiful in that dress. I love it.

It was so sweet, I just couldn't help but tear up!

I wonder what's up with Aurora? She's just been dull every time :confused3

Thank you!

Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney film and I'm always disappointed with the Auroras I've met in the parks. My only guess is that Aurora is on screen for so little of the movie that it's hard to get a grasp on her personality. :confused3

That's a good point. It really is mostly the fairies in that movie. That could be it.

Those princess photos are so sweet! They almost made me tear up! You can just see the joy in her sweet little face!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter