Who Invited My Mother In Law? A Moderately Deluxe TR All New X 3 & PTR Link 2/3 !!

The story of the airtran employees throwing strollers makes me feel sick to my stomach. I always bring my full-sized stroller, and if anything happened to it, I would be SOOO upset. I guess my only consolation is that it is pretty heavy and unwieldy, so throwing it would probably be out of the question- or would it? :confused:

SO glad that the rain stopped and you ended up in a pink and purple building! :laughing:

That Rapunzel dress is so pretty and Maddie just looks every inch the princess, so cute!

Wow, I can't believe that about your stroller. That's terrible.

The pics of CBR are great! We are under 2 weeks before our trip and I will be seeing it in person! Maddie's dress is gorgeous!

Despite the broken stroller thanks to careless baggage handlers, it's good to see that things are getting better now that the rain has stopped.

At least Maddie is coming around to the idea of staying at the pink and purple hotel. :rotfl2:

All caught up!

So glad y'all made the flight safely! But :eek: for the airline employees tossing the strollers & for MIL not having her info ready for ME! And I'm glad to hear that was all the rain y'all had on the trip! :thumbsup2 Maddie looks so sweet all dressed up! :goodvibes

Aww man, first it starts raining and then you realize that the airline employees broke the stroller. Ugh! At least it didn't rain for long. :thumbsup2 I am loving all of the CBR pictures and can hardly wait until we are back there.

I'm joining! I saw the words "Mother In Law", and I figured this would be a good one.

Your DD is absolutely adorable. Also, I'm a Cubs fan too, have been my whole life. It's going to happen.....someday. ;)

Oh man, rain when you're on your way to your room? That sounds like something that would happen to me.

Welcome! Thanks for joining in!

Oh, Mothers in Law, they're always good for a story :rotfl:

Thanks for the kind words. I love to hear from another Cubs fan. My DH and I were just discussing yesterday how Castro to Barney to LaHair/Baker doesn't have the same panache as say, Dunstun to Sandburg to Grace, but we still like watching these young kids play. If only we could unload Soriano. It is gonna happen! Theo says 5 years, so that's how long I'll wait. :lmao:

It was like in a cartoon where the rain cloud follows Daffy Duck or something. It wasn't a great start, but I'm so glad that it was the last of the rain.

My question is how the two AirTran workers didn't notice that they broke a stroller??? That's ridiculous. :sad2:

So glad to hear that you didn't get any more rain! I think it's awesome that the food court looks like it's an outdoor place and there's a storm brewing. Such amazing theming!

Hooray for Magic Kingdom time!

I'm not sure that they cared that the stroller was missing parts. It was really annoying, but we pretty much only use the stroller at WDW anymore, so it could have been much worse.

We had beautiful weather for the rest of the trip! I was so excited.

Isn't CBR such beautiful place? I loved that food court. It was so much better themed than the food court at POFQ. Plus, the I thought that the special smells were reserved for some of the deluxe resorts, but CBR had a definite beachy smell in all of the main buildings. I loved it there!

Maddie (and I :)) were so excited to get going!

I love Maddie's rapunzel dress, she is a beautiful girl!

I would be annoyed with the stroller, why are people so careless and lazy?! THis is why we are only bringing an umbrella stroller and not a more expensive one on our trip, I have heard many similar stories!

I can't wait to hear more about MK!

Thank you! She loved that dress.

The stroller situation was super annoying. Luckily it was just our umbrella stroller, and we only use it at WDW since she's 5 now, but still very irritating.

They broke your stoller at the airline. Grrr. That is so frustrating. Us Mamas really do sacrifice a lot for our kids. (Happy Mother's Day). I am glad it did not rain the rest of your trip, but that is horrible that it only rained while you walked to your room with all of your luggage and a stroller with no sun-shade. Bummer.

Your pictures remind me of how much I LOVE CBR. We were in 5408 when we stayed in Aruba. Other than the lack of sparkles, I am glad Maddie enjoyed the resort.

She looks beaautiful in that dress. I know you said it was pricey, but it looks like it was worth every penny. Cannot wait to see what Princess she sees in that lovely gown suited for Princess Maddie.

Yup, they broke my stroller. Well, they broke off an important piece. So instead of both of us being able to stay sort of dry, we were both wet. We dried pretty quickly though, and the sun visor wasn't a huge issue later on. Maddie would still ask for it sometimes, but it wasn't the center of a meltdown or anything.

I love, love, love CBR. I think that everyday I said "it's so pretty here!" to DH. I just felt relaxed when I looked around. She was pretty excited to discover that we were in a pink and purple building. I guess we'll be making that same building request next time :rotfl: We all loved the location too.

The dress was kind of expensive, but she loved it. We saw a few others wearing it on the trip, and had several people stop and compliment DD on it. She ate that up of course :lmao:

I'll bet you have a pretty good idea of what Princess Maddie wanted to do first at MK :rotfl2:

The story of the airtran employees throwing strollers makes me feel sick to my stomach. I always bring my full-sized stroller, and if anything happened to it, I would be SOOO upset. I guess my only consolation is that it is pretty heavy and unwieldy, so throwing it would probably be out of the question- or would it? :confused:

SO glad that the rain stopped and you ended up in a pink and purple building! :laughing:

That Rapunzel dress is so pretty and Maddie just looks every inch the princess, so cute!

I hope that you're full size it too heavy to toss, because pretty much every stroller (except the double stroller that the lady in front of me was waiting for) got the same treatment. I was so annoyed. We pretty much only use our stroller at WDW these days, so it wasn't a huge loss, but a few years ago I would have been raising some heck over that situation.

No more rain, and a pink and purple building. Things improved quickly for Maddie after that :rotfl:

Thank you! She loved that dress so much. I think she ended up wearing it more than the Ariel dress from last year, and for Maddie that's saying something! :rotfl2:

Wow, I can't believe that about your stroller. That's terrible.

The pics of CBR are great! We are under 2 weeks before our trip and I will be seeing it in person! Maddie's dress is gorgeous!

Yeah, it wasn't a great way to start the trip. I was annoyed, but not surprised.

We loved CBR so much! I'm sure that you'll have a great trip. It's so relaxing and pretty there. I love the Old Port Royale area too, it's so well themed. I would love to stay there again. :thumbsup2

Thanks!

Despite the broken stroller thanks to careless baggage handlers, it's good to see that things are getting better now that the rain has stopped.

At least Maddie is coming around to the idea of staying at the pink and purple hotel. :rotfl2:

Things got much better once the rain stopped. The stroller thing wasn't a huge issue later in the trip. Since she's 5 now, the stroller pretty much only comes out at WDW anyway.

Maddie came around to my way of thinking about CBR once she saw those pink and purple buildings. And then she saw the pools, suddenly mommy hadn't made such a mistake!

Enjoying your report and looking forward to more.

Thanks! Glad you're here!

All caught up!

So glad y'all made the flight safely! But :eek: for the airline employees tossing the strollers & for MIL not having her info ready for ME! And I'm glad to hear that was all the rain y'all had on the trip! :thumbsup2 Maddie looks so sweet all dressed up! :goodvibes

Darn baggage guys. Luckily, they only really affected the first few minutes of our trip. MiL tended to affect way more than that, but I expected that :rotfl2:

Thank you! Mads love to be a princess at WDW. She really thinks that she is one too ;)

How's it going in the new house? Getting all settled in?

Aww man, first it starts raining and then you realize that the airline employees broke the stroller. Ugh! At least it didn't rain for long. :thumbsup2 I am loving all of the CBR pictures and can hardly wait until we are back there.

Yeah, it wasn't the most magical start, but luckily things went up from there.

We loved CBR so much! I think that I took about 30 pictures of the resort everyday. We'll definitely stay there again. Thanks so much for all of the info about the resort. We may not have tried it without your glowing reviews, and we are so glad that we did. :goodvibes

I'll bet that you are soooo excited for your trip. It's so close now, and should be amazing! I can't wait to read that TR because we're thinking about tackling the DCL next!

I would have kicked Dude 1&2 right square in the A$%!:furious: How dare they treat property like that!

I can handle a 20 rain storm if that's all I see while on vacation!

Love the Rapunzel Gown! She looks so happy to be wearing it!:cutie:

Nice pictures! Doesn't a nice camera make all the difference in a photo!:thumbsup2

Great update! Sorry about the stroller :( loving all the pictures and Maddy looks so cute in her Rapunzel dress!

Enjoying your report! Looking forward to reading more. :)

Thanks! and Thanks for joining in!

I would have kicked Dude 1&2 right square in the A$%!:furious: How dare they treat property like that!

I can handle a 20 rain storm if that's all I see while on vacation!

Love the Rapunzel Gown! She looks so happy to be wearing it!:cutie:

Nice pictures! Doesn't a nice camera make all the difference in a photo!:thumbsup2

If I'd realized that they'd lost a piece of the stroller, I probably would kicked some butt, luckily for them it was too late by the time I figured it out :lmao:. Hopefully this was our last trip with a stroller so it won't be a problem again, but I'm guessing some other people will be watching pretty closely from now on! :rotfl:

Yup, only 20 minutes! Arguably the worst 20 minutes possible, but still...

Thanks! She loved it!

That camera made all the difference. It's our first DSLR, and since it takes pictures so fast, I ended up taking over 4,000 pics! :laughing: Many are only slightly better or worse than the one before, but it's nice to have so many options!

Great update! Sorry about the stroller :( loving all the pictures and Maddy looks so cute in her Rapunzel dress!

Thanks! I appreciate the picture support, I know that I like to see a lot of pictures in a TR, but I didn't want it to get excessive.

Thank you, she loves that dress!

Rapunzel of course :).

LOL. Of course she did, but I'll get to that. They actually moved Rapunzel to re-do her area for Merida. Even DH was disappointed-we all thought that the Rapunzel meet & Greet area was super cool, and by far the best themed. Now? Not so much.

Just realized that you're going to do a DL TR after Connors birthday. Yay! I'll totally read it!

LOL. Of course she did, but I'll get to that. They actually moved Rapunzel to re-do her area for Merida. Even DH was disappointed-we all thought that the Rapunzel meet & Greet area was super cool, and by far the best themed. Now? Not so much.

Just realized that you're going to do a DL TR after Connors birthday. Yay! I'll totally read it!

That stinks. I cannot wait to see the pictures though.

Writing the Dl report is the reason I am trying to get through the WDW one quickly now. I still need to do the DCL one, and we leave in a little over a month. It's a lot to finish before I leave. I'd love to have you along for the Disneyland ride. We are so excited for that trip and could not be happier that Carsland will be open!

Darn baggage guys. Luckily, they only really affected the first few minutes of our trip. MiL tended to affect way more than that, but I expected that :rotfl2:

Uh oh....that sounds very foreboding! :worried:

Thank you! Mads love to be a princess at WDW. She really thinks that she is one too ;)

Well, of course she is a princess!

How's it going in the new house? Getting all settled in?

Oh, it's coming along slowly but surely. I'm trying my best to get settled in. I have everything unpacked in the kitchen, our bed & bath & Reid's bed & bath. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll get some pictures & knick knacks unpacked to put in the dining room. But, the frustrating thing has been the den & the spare bedroom. I need to get some furniture in the spare bedroom donated so that I can turn it into my scrapbooking room. I wanted to do that this weekend but my dad has sprung a visit on us & will be here Thursday. :headache: So, I'll have to put off finishing that room by another week. Then, I feel like I can't really do anything with the den. We need new den furniture & ordered it this weekend. But, it won't be here until like the end of June. :eek: I just wish I could finish it, you know? And I haven't even started with decorating. UGH - one day I'll get this house all sorted like I want.

Are y'all still closing on the new house at the beginning of June?

Planning a trip for your MIL:scared1: I had to plan our first trip to wdw for christmas of 2009. It was for MIL, SIL, BIL, neice, nephew, DH, DD, DS and myself. I did the research, contacted the TA, set up all the ADRs. After the first couple of days spent waiting on the other room to get ready in the mornings....we would just get up and go:confused3. We got so much more done and were able to ride so much more. Just made MIL mad because we didn't take the niece with us. They couldn't get ready to leave in time. We didn't think DD should miss out because they couldn't get it together.

So I have to say I love your TR so far. So much so I spent the (quiet) day at work reading your first TR and I have to say you and your DH and DD are so much like us! There were a couple times reading your first TR I was saying "YES! US TOO!!" in my head. I can't wait to hear more about this trip.

That stinks. I cannot wait to see the pictures though.

Writing the Dl report is the reason I am trying to get through the WDW one quickly now. I still need to do the DCL one, and we leave in a little over a month. It's a lot to finish before I leave. I'd love to have you along for the Disneyland ride. We are so excited for that trip and could not be happier that Carsland will be open!

You know us well, there are lots of princess pictures! :rotfl:

If you don't finish the TRs before the DL birthday trip, you can always finish them up when you get back. That is a lot to do. I can't believe that it's only a month away! I can't wait to see pics of CarsLand. I think it sounds really cool. (much better than stupid Avatar land, don't even get me started on that ;))

Uh oh....that sounds very foreboding! :worried:

Well, of course she is a princess!

Oh, it's coming along slowly but surely. I'm trying my best to get settled in. I have everything unpacked in the kitchen, our bed & bath & Reid's bed & bath. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll get some pictures & knick knacks unpacked to put in the dining room. But, the frustrating thing has been the den & the spare bedroom. I need to get some furniture in the spare bedroom donated so that I can turn it into my scrapbooking room. I wanted to do that this weekend but my dad has sprung a visit on us & will be here Thursday. :headache: So, I'll have to put off finishing that room by another week. Then, I feel like I can't really do anything with the den. We need new den furniture & ordered it this weekend. But, it won't be here until like the end of June. :eek: I just wish I could finish it, you know? And I haven't even started with decorating. UGH - one day I'll get this house all sorted like I want.

Are y'all still closing on the new house at the beginning of June?

Even if it's a parent, houseguests before you've settled in is unnerving! I don't blame you for being annoyed. We've been looking at furniture slowly for the new house, but I don't want to buy anything since we don't have exact measurements. And, we already know that there are a lot of expensive upgrades that we'll want to do over the next 10 years or so. I don't think that I'll be done and settled until Maddie graduates high school! :lmao:

We are closing on June 4, and it can't get here soon enough. I can't wait to have a couch, proper cable, DVR, and for DD to have her own bed to sleep in. :lmao:

Planning a trip for your MIL:scared1: I had to plan our first trip to wdw for christmas of 2009. It was for MIL, SIL, BIL, neice, nephew, DH, DD, DS and myself. I did the research, contacted the TA, set up all the ADRs. After the first couple of days spent waiting on the other room to get ready in the mornings....we would just get up and go:confused3. We got so much more done and were able to ride so much more. Just made MIL mad because we didn't take the niece with us. They couldn't get ready to leave in time. We didn't think DD should miss out because they couldn't get it together.

Yikes! I am dreading taking a trip with my BiL and SiL's family. We'll have to do it for MiL's 60th birthday though. We were planning to surprise her, but she's already said that's what she wants.

I am sure that I'll be the one making all the ADRs and such as well, and no one will be happy with them. :rolleyes1

I will have to remember to borrow a page from your play book. I'm glad that you finally just left them. I'm a people pleaser, but sometimes you have to remind yourself that it's your vacation too. Good for you:thumbsup2

So I have to say I love your TR so far. So much so I spent the (quiet) day at work reading your first TR and I have to say you and your DH and DD are so much like us! There were a couple times reading your first TR I was saying "YES! US TOO!!" in my head. I can't wait to hear more about this trip.

Welcome! I'm glad that you're here! It's nice to know that there's others like you out there! :lmao: Did you and your DH throw down in line for TSMM too? :rotfl2:

Thanks for joining in!

Love your previous TR!! And loving this one. DD is a doll. She reminds me so much of my niece, even in the video of you revealing the surprise...they could be twins.

My niece will be 5 in December and she is my surrogate daughter (since I got dealt all boys ;-)

Last time we were in the world together was right before her second birthday...can't wait to take her back next year!!

Ah! At least the rain didn't last that long! I definitely know we didn't come across any rain, lucky time to take a trip, that's for sure! That sucks about the stroller, but at least it was something like that and not something super valuable!? I adore that Rapunzel dress, when we saw the deluxe wedding dress at the disney store over christmas I nearly bought it to save for my child, but then figured that wouldn't be the smartest investment :lmao:

The lunches look great! I only at ONCE at OPR, weird, but we were never there when it was open! Glad to know that MK is up next! Super excited to read about it!!a

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter