Who Invited My Mother In Law? A Moderately Deluxe TR All New X 3 & PTR Link 2/3 !!

After the princesses, we finally got a proper look at that spectacular castle as we made our way up Main Street USA.

dress in the gift shop outside of the princess meet and greet

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1955.jpg

We popped into the emporium because MiL wanted to do some shopping, but no one bought anything.

IMG_1957.jpg

At the hub we conferred on what to do next. Maddie didn’t seem too worried about meeting Rapunzel, but she was very interested in seeing Ariel and Eric and the Fairies. I think she’d already figured out that you can wait in line for 30 minutes to see one character, or you could wait in line to see a few. She’s a smart cookie. Fairies it was. We made a left into Adventureland.

IMG_1962.jpg

IMG_1963.jpg

IMG_1965.jpg

My plan for Day One was for us to focus on Tommorowland and Adventureland, so at least we were heading in the right direction! Since MiL only had 3 days, I was trying to make sure that she got some of her “must-dos” in too.

We quickly found out that we’d missed Ariel’s last meet before the parade, so we lined up for the fairies and waited 30 minutes. It was the shortest line for them that we’d see all week (not that the longer lines stopped up from returning). They were playing fairy cartoons while we waited, so for Maddie at least, the time moved quickly. At the doorway, we were shrunk down to fairy size and then we walked into the fairy garden.

Still dancing

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

The first fairy that we saw was Rosetta. She was very sweet and chatted with Maddie for a few minutes. Right before we moved on, she made Maddie give her a “pinkie promise” that we’d be back to visit before the trip was over. Maddie had never heard of a pinkie promise before Rosetta, but believe you me, she utilizes them all the time now. Just this week, she tried to get me to submit to a pinkie promise that I’d provide glazed donuts for breakfast every day from now on. I did not comply.

IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

Photo0054FourBySix.jpg

Photo0058FourBySix.jpg

We moved on to Tinkerbell who was as bubbly and fun as Tinkerbell should be, but she wasn’t all that memorable. The bar had been raised. We’d twirled, chatted about the favorite rides of some characters, and made pinkie promises. There was a lot for these folks to live up to, and we’d only been there an hour.

IMG_1991.jpg

Photo0065FourBySix.jpg

Photo0078FourBySix.jpg

After the fairies, I was hoping to get some rides in, but the smallest person in our travelling party had other ideas. She wanted to meet more princesses. The parade had already started, which meant that Jasmine, Ariel, and Tiana were busy so I glanced at the times for Rapunzel’s meet and greets. I noticed that the Times Guide said that Rapunzel was receiving fans next door to the Main Street Fire Station. Huh? Not at her tower behind the castle? We weren’t about to walk all the way back up Main Street, so we headed deeper into Adventureland. We figured that we’d hop in line for Jasmine so that we’d be sure to see her quickly after the parade.

We weren’t the only ones with that idea. It was about a 20 minute wait before Aladdin and Jasmine returned. While we waited, MiL did some shopping, and DH ran to get us some Cokes. Maddie was fascinated with the jewels in the pavement. She insisted that I take photos of several of them.

IMG_2004.jpg

30 minutes later, it was our turn. Aladdin was awesome. He told Maddie that the Genie had put the jewels in the ground to tease Abu. He told her that Abu spent hours at a time trying to get the necklaces and such off the ground (reminded me of one of my favorite movies “Empire Records” “I don’t have to explain my art to you Warren.”) Jasmine was a little blah, but Maddie didn’t care. Aladdin chatted with her for several minutes and listened very patiently while she told him stories. And then, he was the one who showed her how to pose like a princess. He was awesome, and Maddie left him a very, very happy little princess.

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

Photo0092FourBySix.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

So, it was time for rides at last right? No, according to Maddie it was not. Tiana wasn’t due out until 5 so we thought we’d walk past Rapunzel’s old stompin’ grounds to see what was up. When we got to the hub, the plan changed again. I insisted that we finally get some PhotoPass pictures. MiL joined us for all of the family shots. I thought that she’d think to suggest that we might like to have one of the three of us, but no luck. I wasn’t in the mood to argue just then, so I let it go. We did get some really good pictures of Maddie though.

Photo0100FourBySix.jpg

Photo0105FourBySix.jpg

Afterward, we noticed that the Dream Along with Mickey show was just getting under way. DD intended to watch. While she, DH, and MiL waited I roamed behind the castle to confirm that Rapunzel had indeed moved. She had. Construction walls were up, and I wondered what the heck was going on. It had been such a great Meet and Greet area!

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2052.jpg

I met back up with Bryan and the rest of the gang. When the show was over we decided that we’d probably better start making our way out of the park since it was already 4:15 and our first ADR was at 5:30.

Those princess photos are so sweet! They almost made me tear up! You can just see the joy in her sweet little face!

Thank you so much! It was so sweet to watch. It was pure happiness. That's the Disney magic I can't get enough of. :thumbsup2

Pinkie promise we'll get donuts every morning. :rotfl2: I love the pinkie promise thing. Rosetta was a rock star on her last trip too. Maddie must love seein her. Your first park day was what I thought it would be like. Sorry she missed Rapunzel in that dress (or does she)?

Any TR that makes an Empire Records reference is a TR that I am definitely here for!!! :thumbsup2

Loving your TR so far! Maddie is so cute!! I'm glad to hear that she wasn't too disappointed that the CBR isn't glittery! :laughing: I love that she tried to get you to pinky promise for donuts every day!

Those photopass pics are so good! My kids, and my husband, hate stopping for pictures. We have told my son he has to meet the princesses for me and DD, and my niece will be with us too and she loves the princesses. I will have to tell him about the Beast and Test Track that is his fave ride too.

ETA donuts every morning? Maddie is my kind of girl!

Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney film and I'm always disappointed with the Auroras I've met in the parks. My only guess is that Aurora is on screen for so little of the movie that it's hard to get a grasp on her personality. :confused3

Sleeping Beauty is definitely one of my favorites! I think you're probably exactly right! Funny you should say that because I just talked about that very same thing in my TR the other day!

You missed ARIEL??? How heartbreaking. (At least, it would be for me. I've still never met her!!!)

:lmao: The donut pinky promise! That's hilarious!

That's the same Aladdin we met, I think! Oh man, wasn't he amazing? :love:

Love the photopass pictures!! I'm guessing you know by now, but Rapunzel's old spot is now Merida's new spot. I think it should still be cool, just not AS cool.

Maddie is even more beautiful than all those princesses! I bet her pirouette was perfect princess: .

We skipped the fairies last year. We ran out of time with all the sickness! My girls have not let me forget it, either!

I hope you were able to get some family pictures without MIL during the trip. Mine encroached on our Chef Mickey's pic (one of the few clear ones with our whole family in it) and she can't be edited out. Grrr.

Haha, I love that Maddie had other ideas and was on a princess mission. My niece is the complete opposite. She and my nephew are always on ride missions. :rotfl2:

Yup, we're meant to be friends. Empire Records is my favorite movie EVER!!!

"What's with today.....today?"

I'm loving the trip report so far! I have a boy, so I have to live vicariously thought my friends that have girls for the Princess moments!

How sweet that on the pinkie promise. I love it!!

Can't wait to read more!!

I love all the character photos! Maddie was certainly on a mission, and she looks like she was having the time of her life! I love that all the characters were so different, but still so much fun.

You guys also got some great photopass shots, the pics of Maddie in front of the castle are very pretty!

I am loving your TR so far. I agree with a PP who said she is living vicariously through you because none of her boys would be interested in princesses. Well I don't have any kids at all (yet) so I love seeing all the TR's here and the interactions the kids get with all of the characters. Can't wait to see more!

:thumbsup2 On the Empire Records refs! "Who knows where thoughts come from? They just appear."

I am on board for this TR, and for the record...I give you lots of props for being able to handle WDW with your MIL. I would go postal.

Great photos with the fairies and Jasmine and Aladdin.

Pinkie promise! God, I remember that from my youth. She should have made you pinkie promise to take her to Disney every year. :)

Looks like a great day! We had the same Jasmine & Aladdin. He was great with DD. Jasmine...not so much. She refused to bend down to get a picture. I guess when you're wearing a costume like that you have to stand up straight to keep it all in. :rotfl:

Pinkie promise we'll get donuts every morning. :rotfl2: I love the pinkie promise thing. Rosetta was a rock star on her last trip too. Maddie must love seein her. Your first park day was what I thought it would be like. Sorry she missed Rapunzel in that dress (or does she)?

Yup, pinkie promise for doughnuts. She's crazy, but it did make me laugh a lot.

Rosetta has been the best fairy we've met. She's always awesome, and I feel like she's always the one who knows her character the best too. Yet, she's still not Maddie's favorite. Poor Rosetta. She rocks.

Any TR that makes an Empire Records reference is a TR that I am definitely here for!!! :thumbsup2

Loving your TR so far! Maddie is so cute!! I'm glad to hear that she wasn't too disappointed that the CBR isn't glittery! :laughing: I love that she tried to get you to pinky promise for donuts every day!

Thanks for joining in!

My roommate in college and I literally watched Empire Records every day for our entire freshman year. It's one of my favorite movies ever. I never knew there were so many Empire lovers out there! Makes me happy. :worship:

It is too bad that CBR isn't glittery. Should have mentioned that on a comment card...

She's a nut. Doughnuts every day would be good, she's might be onto something.

Those photopass pics are so good! My kids, and my husband, hate stopping for pictures. We have told my son he has to meet the princesses for me and DD, and my niece will be with us too and she loves the princesses. I will have to tell him about the Beast and Test Track that is his fave ride too.

ETA donuts every morning? Maddie is my kind of girl!

Thank you! DH and DD can be good sports up to a point. After a while they loose patience with me.

I'm so glad you're going to meet the princesses! Maybe DH will like it more than he thinks, they're pretty good with the boys too. We'll meet every princess on this trip, so you might get some tips! You'll have to tell him, maybe that'll make the princesses more palatable to him :rotfl:

Mine too! I wish doughnuts every day was appropriate!

Pinky Promise for Donuts!!! LOL!! Love it!

:rotfl2: She's too much.

Sleeping Beauty is definitely one of my favorites! I think you're probably exactly right! Funny you should say that because I just talked about that very same thing in my TR the other day!

You missed ARIEL??? How heartbreaking. (At least, it would be for me. I've still never met her!!!)

:lmao: The donut pinky promise! That's hilarious!

That's the same Aladdin we met, I think! Oh man, wasn't he amazing? :love:

Love the photopass pictures!! I'm guessing you know by now, but Rapunzel's old spot is now Merida's new spot. I think it should still be cool, just not AS cool.

Well, we didn't meet Ariel that day... Don't you worry though, my daughter has the memory of an elephant. She remembers who we still need to meet.

That Aladdin was superb. He was so amazing with her, we both fell in love with him.

We asked on day 3 about the Rapunzel area. To be honest, I'm holding a grudge against Merida about it. Don't even want to see the movie now. I loved that area for Rapunzel!!!

Maddie is even more beautiful than all those princesses! I bet her pirouette was perfect princess: .

We skipped the fairies last year. We ran out of time with all the sickness! My girls have not let me forget it, either!

I hope you were able to get some family pictures without MIL during the trip. Mine encroached on our Chef Mickey's pic (one of the few clear ones with our whole family in it) and she can't be edited out. Grrr.

You are so sweet, she'd love that! Her pirouettes were pretty good, and she gets to do one in her recital routine-she's so excited! Her class is dancing to 'You've Got a Friend in Me' for ballet and 'Under the Sea' for tap!

Oh boy, you'd better make those fairies a priority for next trip! :lmao: Rosetta has been outstanding for us, I hope that your girls get to meet her. Have Julia ask her if she likes mud. ;)

Ugghh. MsiL! Why on earth wouldn't they think to let us have a family photo of the just the immediate family! So irritating. I assume that you'll not be asking MiL to join you for the next trip?

Haha, I love that Maddie had other ideas and was on a princess mission. My niece is the complete opposite. She and my nephew are always on ride missions. :rotfl2:

Yup, we're meant to be friends. Empire Records is my favorite movie EVER!!!

"What's with today.....today?"

Maddie went both ways. If she got rides in her head, she wanted to do 10 in a row, same for the characters!

:rotfl: I love it. I think that you're right! I never knew there were so many of us Empire lovers. It's my favorite too. My freshman roommate and I watched it every single day for the whole year. I just drove DH nuts by doing movie quotes for 30 minutes. :rotfl2:

"Happy Rex Manning Day!"

I'm loving the trip report so far! I have a boy, so I have to live vicariously thought my friends that have girls for the Princess moments!

How sweet that on the pinkie promise. I love it!!

Can't wait to read more!!

:wave2: Thanks for joining in! We'll have plenty of princess moments for you. I have to live vicariously through other's TRs for pirate stuff.

She loved that pinkie promise so much.

I love all the character photos! Maddie was certainly on a mission, and she looks like she was having the time of her life! I love that all the characters were so different, but still so much fun.

You guys also got some great photopass shots, the pics of Maddie in front of the castle are very pretty!

She was a man with a plan. She had so much fun, and we did watching her. Aladdin, Cinderella, Belle, and Rosetta were all outstanding.

Thanks! I don't feel like we got nearly as many good photos of the family as last year, but we did get lots of good ones of DD.

I am loving your TR so far. I agree with a PP who said she is living vicariously through you because none of her boys would be interested in princesses. Well I don't have any kids at all (yet) so I love seeing all the TR's here and the interactions the kids get with all of the characters. Can't wait to see more!

Welcome! Thanks for joining in! I love reading TRs with little kids. So much joy in every thing for them, its really cool to see.

:thumbsup2 On the Empire Records refs! "Who knows where thoughts come from? They just appear."

I am on board for this TR, and for the record...I give you lots of props for being able to handle WDW with your MIL. I would go postal.

HaHa!! love it! It's officially an Empire Records Appreciation Society here!

"Welcome to Music Town. May I service you?"

Thanks for joining in! If MiL had stayed for the whole week, one of us might not have survived. I learned my lesson. Though, we will be returning with her for her 60th birthday, but the whole gang's going for that one, so maybe we won't have to interact too much:rotfl:

Great photos with the fairies and Jasmine and Aladdin.

Pinkie promise! God, I remember that from my youth. She should have made you pinkie promise to take her to Disney every year. :)

Thank you so much! Aladdin was spectacular! We had lots of fun with them.

She loves the pinkie promise! I think that she is taking Disney vacations for granted these days. It would have been very smart for her to do that though. I think she knows I'm on board. I'll see if she can pinkie promise her dad :rotfl2:

Looks like a great day! We had the same Jasmine & Aladdin. He was great with DD. Jasmine...not so much. She refused to bend down to get a picture. I guess when you're wearing a costume like that you have to stand up straight to keep it all in. :rotfl:

It was a lot of fun. Aladdin was amazing. Jasmine said almost nothing to DD, barely interacted at all. It was a bummer.

:rotfl2:You're probably right! Wouldn't want any Janet Jackson moments in Adventureland! :rotfl: You'd think that they'd have double stick tape for that though! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter