Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

Just a thought - how can you use totally bummed and leave for Disney Friday in the same post!!! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous :) We haven't been since June of 2008 and since the baby is only 15 weeks - we probably won't be back until fall of 2010. Have a great time - where are you staying this time?

Well, I'm bummed because I wanted to play with it before I go away! It won't be here in time, so oh well. I won't get it any earlier than the people who can download it on Sept 1. That's what I'm bummed about!

But, you're right, I'm not SO bummed that I can't be super excited that we leave for Disney tomorrow!! Pop Century, here we come!

Hi guys! I'm curious if anyone makes calendars for gifts? I thought I'd give it a shot this year with SBC+, but I'm not sure how I want to do them. (I've done them before through CVS YEARS ago, before digital scrapbooking even existed.) I did download Jessica's templates for her calendar (thank you VERY MUCH...and have a great trip!!), and I understand that you would use shutterfly or another online place like that to make the calendar. As I've been searching, searching, searching all day, I see that some people make the complete calendar, as in the calendar itself and a top part with the photos (make sense?). Then how do they go together? If I do use shutterfly or another place like that, are you able to personalize the calendar with dates and pics?

Thanks for any info!

I've got great news about calendars!

In October (if not Oct., then November), CM will be having calendars available through the CM Photo Center. They are absoluetly cool, and I believe they will be $19.95 (if I remember correctly - I lost my Showcase notes and I can't really remember!).

They will be 12 x 18 inches. The top 12 x 12 part will be a page that you have designed - anything you want. The bottom 6 inches will be calendar part, which is perforated. The idea - which is great for gifts - is to make 12 pages (one for each month) that you will be able to tear off the bottom calendar part and place the page into an album. You can also save the calendar part for a layout, if you want, which can have all of your events on it.

Sorry if I'm not doing a good job of describing it, but later on today I"ll try to post a photo that I took of their display piece. It's very cool!

I know what my family is getting this christmas!

I have done mine with Shutterfly in the past, but I will be doing the CM 12x12 ones this year. They look awesome!

BTW, my upgrade CD is out for delivery, so I'm totally stalking the UPS guy right now! I hope he gets here soon!!

I leave for Disney Friday and I really wanted to play with it this week! I'm totally bummed!

Jessica, how long are you going to be there? I am going down Tuesday for the SDV scrapbooking convention at the Contemporary. You should stop by if you can.

So, I'm thinking of investing in this, but before I do, can I upload my own backgrounds? You know, all those fun papers in the digital freebies thread?

I received my upgrade on Friday - and all I can say is WOW! I think that I am going to spending every free moment in the near future playing with the new features. I am not only excited about the new scrapbooking tools but the file organization is really cool. One of my close friends and I completely disagree on how to organize files. I kept everything by kit and she broke up everything in to catagories. Now you can attach a keyword to any paper or embellishments for both CM packages and anything in My Stuff - now we have the best of both worlds.

I also love the fact that CM really listened to their consultants and customers - the upgrades are really consistent with our wishlists on here.

I can't wait for everyone on this thread to get the upgrade so that everyone can share more new "discoveries". Just reading through Quiltymom's posts have helped shorten the learning curve. THANKS Quiltymom!

Christy - I am dying to see the pages that you produce with the new upgrades!!!

This is me right now :cool1: :yay: dancing and jumping for joy!

Jennifer,

You're gonna have so much fun!!! And just after spending a few hours on it, the 2.0 will seem so archaic!

Just post any questions you have here, and I'll try to answer them. I'm leaving for California on Tuesday and I'll be pretty much out of contact until Friday, but I'll try my best to check in here.

Have fun!!

How? I'm playing with the free download of 2.0 and I can't figure out how to make the backgrounds be my own items.

Jennifer, the free download is for pre-made CM pages only. You cannot change anything that has already been designed except for the font and the addition/rearrangement of pages in the book.

It is only through SBC+ (emphasis on the "Plus") that you can change things around.

A fabulous thread! I'm very new to digital scrapbooking and currently trying to find the right program for me. Can I purchase this Storybook Creator Plus in the UK (ie download it from the US website) or am I limited to what is available on the UK version of the website (I can't seem to find it on there at all)? I'd love to purchase the Disney add-ons (Pooh, Cars etc.,) as well.
Sorry for so many questions on my first visit to this thread, we have recently returned from Disneyland Paris and as well as making up a scrapbook with my favourite photographs I'd love to be able to do digital pages for ALL my photographs.
Many thanks in advance.
Diane x

Well, phooey! Can you also resize photo sizes in the + program?

You can do just about everything and anything in the + program. That's the beauty of it, and it's priced just right, too!

A fabulous thread! I'm very new to digital scrapbooking and currently trying to find the right program for me. Can I purchase this Storybook Creator Plus in the UK (ie download it from the US website) or am I limited to what is available on the UK version of the website (I can't seem to find it on there at all)? I'd love to purchase the Disney add-ons (Pooh, Cars etc.,) as well.
Sorry for so many questions on my first visit to this thread, we have recently returned from Disneyland Paris and as well as making up a scrapbook with my favourite photographs I'd love to be able to do digital pages for ALL my photographs.
Many thanks in advance.
Diane x

Diane,

I'm not sure if SBC+ is available yet in the UK. Do a search for a consultant on the SM UK site and contact her/him for more info. They'll be able to answer all your questions!

And I'm so jealous - Disneyland Paris? [sigh]

Diane,

I'm not sure if SBC+ is available yet in the UK. Do a search for a consultant on the SM UK site and contact her/him for more info. They'll be able to answer all your questions!

And I'm so jealous - Disneyland Paris? [sigh]

Many thanks I'll go and do that, fingers crossed!

We love Disneyland Paris, haven't yet been to any other Disney but hopefully in the future.

I'm probably holding off on this (need to curb some spending), but I want to know all the details before I decide to shelve it for now or not...Do you have to print your pages made in SBC+ through CM? Or, can you print them anywhere?

You can print your pages anywhere. Personally, I like Costco. A 12 x 12 page is $2.99 and I've been pleased with the quality.

Regards,

Jen L

I'm probably holding off on this (need to curb some spending), but I want to know all the details before I decide to shelve it for now or not...Do you have to print your pages made in SBC+ through CM? Or, can you print them anywhere?

Yep, you can save as .jpg and print anywhere. You can get books made that way, too. You can use any .jpg and .png freebies or paid kits, too.

Thanks for the answers, my CM rep said I had to have them printed through CM, but I didn't think so. You can print books as well as pages at other places, right?

Thanks for the answers, my CM rep said I had to have them printed through CM, but I didn't think so. You can print books as well as pages at other places, right?

You can print anywhere. The pages are easy print through another source other than CM photocenter. The books are a little more complicated because you can not just hit send. It takes a little effort but no more than if you used another program to print through places like Shutterfly. I have seen many beautiful books created in SBC+ and printed through Shutterfly.

With all that being said - the CM photocenter quality is excellent but you do have other options for printing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter