Who here uses CM's SBC+ for digital scrapping?

Great, thanks for the input. I'm actually working on a Shutterfly book right now (I have a code for a freebie!). I think I could figure it out, if I were given baby steps on how to do it in SBC+.

For all the SBC+ folks... do you scrap your pages in 12x12 or 8x8 and why? I've never done 8x8 (always used 12x12), but I'm thinking about switching to 8x8 and doing a photo book. Is there any loss of detail going from 12x12 to 8x8. What if you start the page off as 12x12.. can you switch the page to 8x8 later? TIA

For all the SBC+ folks... do you scrap your pages in 12x12 or 8x8 and why? I've never done 8x8 (always used 12x12), but I'm thinking about switching to 8x8 and doing a photo book. Is there any loss of detail going from 12x12 to 8x8. What if you start the page off as 12x12.. can you switch the page to 8x8 later? TIA

It was my understanding that you can always go smaller but you can't go larger. So, I ALWAYS do 12x12 pages but if I can select that page to be an 8x8 page.

If you make an 8x8 page and want it larger, you will lose quality.

At least this is my understanding. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I would recommend scrapping in 12x12 ... you can shrink it to any (square size)... but if you scrap in 8x8 and decide you want to print a 12x12 page, you might lose some of the quality. Now -- if you want to print your 8x8 photobook through CM, you might go ahead and scrap it in 8x8 so that you can quickly upload the book and print at the CM photo center... but if you are going to print it elsewhere, I'd scrap them in 12x12.

I have looked on the CM website. I don't see a mention of the upgrade. How much? What does it give us? What am I missing? Tell me! Tell me! :banana:

The information that I remember is that it will be 9.95 for the upgrade for the month of Sept then go up after that. I am not sure what it will give us but I know it is avail starting tomorrow...

HTH some

I want the SBC+ upgrade, :surfweb: I want the SBC+ upgrade, :surfweb: I want the SBC+ upgrade!!!! :surfweb:

Ok -- back to your regularly scheduled program. :upsidedow

LOL Christy! :laughing: I keep checking the CM website in hope that they would release it early...but nope! I can't wait until tomorrow....!!! :banana::banana:

I finally got a chance to play with my upgrade today. Once you all have it on your hot little hands, I recommend watching the webinar that walks you through the new features. I have played with the paper tearing tool, text path, triple matting, and new cutter features so far. on to the contant manager next!

Also, let's all discuss how we are going to organize our content in the new version! I think this is going to be a totally awesome new feature once I get it all figured out!

Wow, all those things sound awesome!! I am just getting used to the 2.0 but am already excited about 3.0!!! Can't wait to hear more!!

Also, let's all discuss how we are going to organize our content in the new version! I think this is going to be a totally awesome new feature once I get it all figured out!

I love the features - a little bit of a learning curve since I had 2.0 down cold... I am having a tough time getting used to where the undo button is - LOL!!

But I need some ideas on how others are organizing their content. I have been converting my old content and am actually not converting stuff that I know that will never use back from my "collecting freebies" days. I currently have a folder for designer and each kit within that designer's folder. I just started playing with the keyword feature. I am so carried away with organizing content that I have not been doing pages - would love to hear how you are organizing!!

I am still not really visualizing what you all are talking about as far as how the content can be organized in the new version... I need to get my hands on it and play around. Right now I really don't have much of my stuff actually organized IN SBC+.... I just keep a folder on my desktop w/ all of my digiscrap stuff in it and open it up and use what I need (by right clicking and copying and pasting onto my LO) .... I organize my kits alphabetically (Kit name ~ Designer Name)... And then I have folders for special embellies (hangers, ribbons, alphas, stitches) that I use over and over again... I am kind of used to doing it that way. It seemed like back when I first started and I was bringing everything in under "My Stuff," in SBC+ and organizing it that way, it slowed the program way down? Are you guys (Jessica and Jennifer) bringing all of your stuff into SBC+ to organize it now? Does that have any impact on how fast the program runs? The keyword feature sounds fun.

The new organizer thing reminds me of ACDSee or Windows Photo viewer. It is a whole separate window that you can go into and look at your stuff. I haven't played with it enough to figure out if I'll want to load all of my other content into it or not, but I'm just having fun organizing my CM stuff right now! Even tagging all of the CM Primary kits as primary so I can see them all at once is a big improvement in my book!

Today's upgrade day, so I'm sure we'll all have lots to talk about later!! :thumbsup2

I downloaded the upgrade today, after having SBC+ 2 for only a week... I'm still getting my feet wet! (But I'm really impressed with everything so far!) :thumbsup2

I get elements from there all the time. :thumbsup2

Hello all!
I am normally a lurker and you all have been SO helpful with SB that I wanted to pass on some information I got today (after trying to find it on my own and then waiting an hour to chat with a digital support person).

One feature of the new upgrade is the ability to view 2 pages as a two page spread so that you can be sure that the pages are aligned correctly and so that you can edit the pages together. Apparently you can ONLY view the 2 page spread when you are working on a Storybook. Those of us who do individual pages (or Page Prints as they are termed in the software) or groups of pages cannot view the pages as a spread.

In order to view them together, you have to create a Blank storybook in the size you normally work in (ie 12by12) and import the page prints you have into the storybook. Then you have the option to view as a 2 page spread.
You can either save the pages then as a jpeg for exporting or you will have to go back into your file with the page prints and import the pages from the storybook if you want to print the individual page prints. It's not all that difficult but certainly time consuming!

I'm disappointed that you are limited to where you can view them. I am hoping this gets changed in an upcoming update-I kept asking the digital support person to make sure that this was reqested! :)

Thought I would share this information along with everyone! Hope it helps someone from spending a ton of time on this issue.
~Melissa

I am still not really visualizing what you all are talking about as far as how the content can be organized in the new version... I need to get my hands on it and play around. Right now I really don't have much of my stuff actually organized IN SBC+.... I just keep a folder on my desktop w/ all of my digiscrap stuff in it and open it up and use what I need (by right clicking and copying and pasting onto my LO) .... I organize my kits alphabetically (Kit name ~ Designer Name)... And then I have folders for special embellies (hangers, ribbons, alphas, stitches) that I use over and over again... I am kind of used to doing it that way. It seemed like back when I first started and I was bringing everything in under "My Stuff," in SBC+ and organizing it that way, it slowed the program way down? Are you guys (Jessica and Jennifer) bringing all of your stuff into SBC+ to organize it now? Does that have any impact on how fast the program runs? The keyword feature sounds fun.

Hi Christy,

Do you have it yet? I can't wait to see what you do with the new features!
I currently had all my non-CM stuff on a my external. I have converted quite of bit of stuff - especially my Britt stuff - by putting in SBC+ 3.0. I am planning on putting it back on the external after I have converted it to the new format. It is really cool to be able to see the papers and elements in the new view. As soon as I move the stuff back to my external - I will let you know if it works.

Let me know what you think when you get a chance to play with 3.0!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter