Who feels like a threadkiller - Take 4!

Hey there and howdy y'all:thumbsup2

I have returned from the beautiful sunshine state of Florida and what a wonderful time was had by all.

We enjoyed Ann and Tom's company and also little Miss Sunny. The food produced by our master chef with love was absolutely awesome. :goodvibes Never turn down a meal cooked by Ann if you are lucky enough to be offered.

The guys made your chocolate/peanut butter sauce after you left and it turned out remarkably well. ;)

Robin it was great seeing you & we had SO much fun! I'm glad the hot fudge sauce worked out.....it's amazingly easy?.....isn't it? I loved cooking for y'all - thanks for tolerating mr hogging up the stove!

How was Disney? Sunny is recovering well. She wants to lick her scar and run but she's not allowed to do either.....easier said than done....

Ann, it was hilarious the day that you left.

The men went into the kitchen and were trying to find things to make their lunches........ knives, bread etc. They had never been allowed into the kitchen up to that point and had no idea where to look for anything :rotfl:

Penny and I just stood there and laughed at them :lmao:

The day at the Studios went really well thanks. The weather was fantastic, the crowds were manageable (amazingly so). We did everything in the park, with only a few exceptions, and we did it at a nice leisurely pace and we were finished before the park even closed for the night. I was a bit concerned because that was the early morning entry park that day but it worked for us. We somehow managed to walk right on a lot of things.

Poor little Sunny. I hope she feels better soon. It won't be long and she won't even remember it at all. She was so much fun too have around.

Welcome back Robin,
So glad you had a good time...Too bad you had to come back to cold weather....:santa:

Well I quit my job today...(sad to leave my coworkers) It was just getting to be too much favoritism, and unfair practices, there. I had a hard time going into work and also keeping my self-respect. Its all too bad ,as I loved the job I was doing,my coworkers and the clients. I just got to not like the people I worked FOR.
So I am going to res erect my gardens, that have been not tented to for two years, and have a veggie garden again....There is so much that needs doing around the house..I'm sure I will not be bored...

Well I hope you day is warmer then mine...I just dont know what happened to spring:confused:...But I'm siting here waiting for it...:rolleyes1

TTFNpaw:

Well I quit my job today...(sad to leave my coworkers) It was just getting to be too much favoritism, and unfair practices, there. I had a hard time going into work and also keeping my self-respect. Its all too bad ,as I loved the job I was doing,my coworkers and the clients. I just got to not like the people I worked FOR.

As awkward as it sounds... Congratulations on leaving your job. I know from experience it takes a lot to leave a job but when you are in the situation you have explained, I would consider it necessary.

My Grandfather had a huge veggie garden when he was mobile. I have often considered bringing it back but I have no idea what to do. He had all these little tricks to keep the rabbits and other critters away. Sometimes I think it kept the veggies away too but whatever floats your boat.

The weather around here hasn't gotten the message about Spring either. The 10 day has the highs hovering around 45. We also have a "Fire Weather Warning" which is something I haven't seen before. We low dew points, low humidity, and high wind gusts. I guess that translates to a fire warning :confused3 I don't think you can start burning until April 1st too. Whatever...

The Wife and I went to IKEA yesterday to grab a few chairs. One of our couches was pretty well gone and we decided to change it up with a few Poang chairs instead. I must say that these are quite nice. I am not really a fan of IKEA furniture but I will certainly be enjoying weekend coffee from a new spot. We were going to get a footstool with them but unfortunately they were out. Its an hour trek to get to IKEA from where we live so we were a little bummed out. Apparently you cant order these chairs or accessories online either. Seems a little weird but then again its IKEA. They do what they want.

Tonight will be a lazy night in the kitchen. I am just going to throw a pot pie in and call it done. We got word that one of our favorite ice cream places opened on St. Patrick's Day. I think there will have to be a little run to get some ice cream and eat it in the heated car. Its been too long for a banana ice cream hot fudge sundae. :banana:

Has everyone survived their Monday?

Betsy, I am so sorry that you had to quit your job. I know that you did enjoy it very much when you started there. Good luck with your new endeavours :thumbsup2

Stephen, the closest IKEA to me is at least 2 1/2 hours away, so needless to say I hardly ever go there. I think I have been in an IKEA store once in my life. I thought it was pretty interesting there though.

I spent most of my day at home since I didn't have my car. We had left it parked at work while we were away. We needed to take the work pickup truck to pull the trailer with the airplanes and we needed to get to the shop somehow........ so...... my car ended up sitting there while we were gone.

I got my car back home again tonight, so I am free to roam again.

I had dance classes tonight. Wow, I swear that I hadn't danced in 6 months instead of just 2 weeks. My legs did not want to keep up the pace.

Stephen, just some background to fill you in. I am the resident dancer here on this thread. I do tap, hip hop and line dancing every week. I do it for the fun, the exercise and the brain stimulation. I don't necessarily do it well though :lmao:

Betsy, sorry that your job's big wigs starting to make your job disappointing!:sad1: I know you really liked it there in the beginning. But I'm glad you made the choice to quit. Must be a relief to you to have that over with. :hug: Get back to those gardens, something you can truly enjoy!:goodvibes

Robin glad you have your wheels back! Keep dancin!

Kim~ Hooray for Disney wirth Rory. Teklk him we said hello and we miss him!

Steve~ Good luck getting through that standardized testing. Drives me crazy. Teachers have to teach test taking skills rather than substantive materials these days. What a waste of good teacher's skills!:sad2:

Off to Court today! Dressed all up in my lawyer clothes...I much prefer jeans!:flower3:

Thanks for the well wishes,
I am sure I will be just fine... I truly think my quitting will be more their loss then mine...;)

Today I am going shopping...Food shopping.
Tomorrow I will be spending the day with a girlfriend. I am looking forward to this as I havent had the time to since I started working.:thumbsup2
and Sat. we are having friends over for the afternoon and dinner..Joan, son, and husband (the one I went on the wine tour with).

Robin, Did you hear from the insurance co. yet, about Liz's car?...I hope she can get a nice new one...:wizard:

Well I am off to surf the net... trying to get ideas for a present for Mike ..His Birthday is the end of April...:confused3

Have a great day everyone.
TTFNpaw:

Never before in my life, have I had TWO tickers!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::cool1::banana: :woohoo: :yay::cool1::banana::woohoo::yay:

YEA!...So glad you were able to pull off a WDW trip this summer!...It will help with the wait for the cruise!...I hope we will be able to meet up...even if its just a short visit!

As awkward as it sounds... Congratulations on leaving your job. I know from experience it takes a lot to leave a job but when you are in the situation you have explained, I would consider it necessary. Thanks...It was very necessary, if I was going to feel any self worth...:thumbsup2

My Grandfather had a huge veggie garden when he was mobile. I have often considered bringing it back but I have no idea what to do. He had all these little tricks to keep the rabbits and other critters away. Sometimes I think it kept the veggies away too but whatever floats your boat.
Well I have a great trick to keep out the critters...Its called a fence...LOL It was that, or my husband/son and a shotgun..and as you may have figured out by now I am not a fan of killing critters...:rotfl: Even if they are eating my garden...:rolleyes:

The weather around here hasn't gotten the message about Spring either. The 10 day has the highs hovering around 45. We also have a "Fire Weather Warning" which is something I haven't seen before. We low dew points, low humidity, and high wind gusts. I guess that translates to a fire warning :confused3 I don't think you can start burning until April 1st too. Whatever...
We wont have that warning(fire) until around late July, early Aug. Here we have flood warnings. My yard right now is frozen, but when it all thaws..It will be like a giant sponge...squish, squish, squish....FUN!

The Wife and I went to IKEA yesterday to grab a few chairs. One of our couches was pretty well gone and we decided to change it up with a few Poang chairs instead. I must say that these are quite nice. I am not really a fan of IKEA furniture but I will certainly be enjoying weekend coffee from a new spot. We were going to get a footstool with them but unfortunately they were out. Its an hour trek to get to IKEA from where we live so we were a little bummed out. Apparently you cant order these chairs or accessories online either. Seems a little weird but then again its IKEA. They do what they want.
Never been..Not one anywhere near us that I know of????
Has everyone survived their Monday?
:yay:I survived it!...Yea!:cheer2:

Hi everyone!

Just doing a quick flyby today, but I'm thinking of you!

Betsy - sorry you quit your job, but sometimes its the best thing. It sounds like you're going to enjoy the extra time and the garden sounds wonderful!

Robin - I'm surprised you were sore! Every time you stood still when I was with you, your feet were moving to dance moves!

PD - Good luck at court today - I bet you look very lawyerly (is that a word?). Anyway, I'm really sorry I won't be able to meet you in WDW - I was really excited about it..... forgive me? :flower:

Kim - congratulations on having 2 tickers! Isn't is grand?! You'll have a great time in August!

Horizions - I live 3 hours from the nearest Ikea store (it's in Orlando). So....I don't get to shop at one. However, when I have gone, I loved it! They're really HUGE stores!

Well, Tom has a dental appt today and I have one Thursday. Just cleanings for both of us. I cleaned the house today and I'm making Worcestershire Sauce this afternoon. Part one - it has to steep for 3 weeks before I can strain and use. I miss having it because of my allergies - I'll leave out the anchovies, cinnamon and allspice so I can use it again!

Ya'll take care and for a fly by - this was awfully wordy!!!

PD, I bet you looked very smart and lawyery in your lovely lawyer clothes. What exactly are lawyer clothes anyway:confused3

No word from the insurance company yet Betsy. You would think they would want to get it settled quickly since they are paying to store her car and paying for her to have a loaner car too.

Ann, you are amazing. You are the only person I know who would even consider making Worchestershire sauce.

PD, I bet you looked very smart and lawyery in your lovely lawyer clothes. What exactly are lawyer clothes anyway:confused3

No word from the insurance company yet Betsy. You would think they would want to get it settled quickly since they are paying to store her car and paying for her to have a loaner car too.

Ann, you are amazing. You are the only person I know who would even consider making Worchestershire sauce.

A suit! Generally I dress more casually, dress slacks and a nice top with a blazer, but for Court days and certain meetings I have to wear a more formal suit. I dislike lawyer clothes. My kids can tell what I have going on for a day at work depending on how I dress in the morning!

Can you meet us? :confused3

I can try - but the last two times I've gone to meet someone (Robin & PD in 2 weeks) it fell thru. So....can I say yes as long as family isn't coming from out of town or my iphone breaks again?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter