Which property is your favorite??

When you bought your car did you test drive it?

I think that you should test drive the DVC resorts too.
Yeah but ... I don't often end up buying my "favorite" car. The car I ultimately drive off the lot is usually selected more for practical and financial considerations than emotional! More than once I've bought a car "by the numbers" even having not enjoyed my test drive.

When you bought your car did you test drive it?

I think that you should test drive the DVC resorts too. :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

I'm not sure that would help narrow it down! I love them all!

Seriously, you can't go wrong with BLT. The location is the best for families and it's a beautiful and convenient resort with a nice pool (yes, some pools are better.) It's higher priced though so you may also consider BWV or BCV.

We bought when we had 2 small children and now we have 4.
We bought at BWV first (chose over BWV because we like to stay in grand villas with extended family) although would recommend BCV for the same great location and an awesome pool.
Then we bought BLT as soon as it went up for sale. Love it!
Recently we just bought resale at AKV. Normally I'd only stay about 3 mights at AKV if we're doing parks because the bus rides aren't my favorite. But it's a great resort and we like split stays.

We've stayed at all the DVC resorts except SSR. Personally I much prefer the resorts that are attached to the luxery hotels. The maintenance fees are generally lower and the amenities are generally greater. But the location is number one for me!

I will throw something else into the pot...

I havnt added these numbers up, but for the sales commission and 1 years worth of maintenance fees, you could possibly stay at either of these resorts. Specially BWV. Maintenance fees around 1,000 and if you didnt like the place, $1,500 to sell it.. That isnt much more than what a studio costs.

We are waiting for ROFR on our first contract at BCV. I thought the price and investment risk for BWV was better, but we just wanted BCV. Actual difference in price was less than 2k. So over the years, that isnt much. Also, we found that trying to use RCI points, we would see stays at BWV, WL, SSR, and AKL, but would never see contracts at BCV. That gives greater weight towards the 11 month window in my book.

Find the right contract no matter where and enjoy your points.

I say BLT. You cant beat the location. We have three kids 8, 3, & 1 and spen a lot of time at MK. Being able to walk there and back is great. Nothing worse than waiting for a bus with a bunch of tired and cranky kids. You have Chef Mickey's next door and access to the monorail for Epcot and the other resorts. The zero entry pool is great for little ones and they have a nice water play area for them.

If you were going to buy a resale which property would you buy at? We can't decide! :confused3 We are a young couple just starting a family...

BCV - zero entry pool w/lazy river and sandy bottom play pool area plus occasional poolside wait service - perfect stroller causeway walk from HS - monorail to TTS to access boats/monorails to resorts/MK. Quiet pool at DVC venue with full menu food delivery along with/instead of room service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter