Which property is your favorite??

april2011bride

Mouseketeer
If you were going to buy a resale which property would you buy at? We can't decide! :confused3 We are a young couple just starting a family...

I own at SSR but my favorite is BCV because of its proximity to Epcot and SAB. Close second is BWV. I will do an add on for BCV at some point, but I am happy with my current purchase. However, I want to be able to book at 11 months out for Food and Wine as well as Flower and Garden in the future. Have had no trouble booking those resorts for other times I have wanted.:thumbsup2

As a young family I would choose either BLT or BWV/BCV because they allow you access to two parks without having to fold up strollers and loading them onto the buses. We have three young kids and it's impossible to get all three wrangled onto the busses while trying to fold up strollers stuffed full of gear, snacks and souveniers. BLT gives to monorail access to MK and epcot. BWV and BCV gives you walking access to epcot and HS. Im buying at BWV because it also has a better nightlife right there when the kids get older.

If you were going to buy a resale which property would you buy at? We can't decide! :confused3 We are a young couple just starting a family...

We bought at both BWV and BLT simply because it allows us to walk to 3 out of the 4 parks (this is especially convenient with young children). We chose BWV over BCV because of the price difference, but in the current market BWV prices are going up and BCV prices are going down, so you might make a different choice. Stormalong Bay at BCV might be enough to push you there instead of BWV if the prices are close. Good luck making your choice!

We own at BCV and believe it is located in a part of Disney that we spend most of our time at … EPCOT. We looked at OKW when it first opened and didn’t look again until we saw BCV being built. We bought is before we returned home, and then three more contracts since then. Now we keep enjoying our investment during our “senior” years..

When you bought your car did you test drive it?

I think that you should test drive the DVC resorts too. :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

We really love Boardwalk. We are Jersey-ites, so it's familiar nostalgia. It has a great atmosphere, a party every night on the boardwalk with performers, tent stands (like hair braiding, fade painting, cotton candy) and there are several great bars to hang out in at night or even the afternoon (ESPN Club, the brewpub, the duelling piano place), has a great slide at the pool, and we can walk to Epcot every night for dinner.

That said, we haven't yet tried out the new bay lake towers. But points at both are higher than I want to pay, so I'll buy elsewhere and book there at 7 months like I've done with rentals so far.

Which property is your favorite??
Unfair -- that is three entirely different questions! My choice of favorite property has no bearing on either my purchase decision or what I might recommend to your family ... ;)

Edited to add: Our current favorite is Aulani but we own SSR. At the time of our SSR purchase our favorite was BWV. What that means to you and your decision process: :confused3 (likely nothing except one take-away: the notion of 'favorite' might change over time! You are married to one another -- not to a resort choice.)

We have three little kids and own at SSR. We have stayed at SSR, THV, BCV, AKV, OKW and BLT. We have honestly enjoyed each one of them, but with three little kids, BLT is absolutely our current favorite. The location can't be beat. Of all the parks, we currently spend the majority of our time at MK. This might change as our kids get older and we might prefer BCV or BWV. although it is a beautiful resort, with a unique experience, AKV would be my last choice due to it's location. I felt like a lot of our time was wasted riding on buses when we stayed there. As someone else mentioned, this isn't too fun when u are dealing with a stroller and three kids.

We already own at BLT and SSR and love both of them for various reasons. However, I would love to own at BCV as well :love:. We always have addoninitis and if the right contract comes up, especially if it is in our UY (March), I think we wouldn't hesitate to go for it.

As of our last trip in February, our favorite is BWV. We had a boardwalk view, and could see part of illuminations. We loved sitting on the balcony and watching the boardwalk come alive at night. It was great to walk to both Epcot and HS too.

BWVbound is right, none of us can tell you which resort would work best for your family. But I can see how hearing how other people made their home resort decision.

For us (two 30-year-olds, no kids yet), we knew we wanted to own at a resort that had walking access to at least one park (so that narrowed our choices to BLT, BWV and BCV). We also love the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot and we decided having 11-month access to make reservations for those trips was very important to us, so it was a choice between BWV and BCV. Then it came down to decor and the feel of the resort.

We just liked the decor and vibe at BWV more than the shabby-chic vibe at BCV. We like the activity of the Boardwalk both during the day and at night, as well.

We may add on on at BLT in the next couple of years (especially once kids come into the picture, we love CR and the private walkway to MK!).

BWVbound is right, none of us can tell you which resort would work best for your family. But I can see how hearing how other people made their home resort decision.

For us (two 30-year-olds, no kids yet), we knew we wanted to own at a resort that had walking access to at least one park (so that narrowed our choices to BLT, BWV and BCV). We also love the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot and we decided having 11-month access to make reservations for those trips was very important to us, so it was a choice between BWV and BCV. Then it came down to decor and the feel of the resort.

We just liked the decor and vibe at BWV more than the shabby-chic vibe at BCV. We like the activity of the Boardwalk both during the day and at night, as well.

We may add on on at BLT in the next couple of years (especially once kids come into the picture, we love CR and the private walkway to MK!).

I had a very similar thought process as well. But where I differed from Missy is that I actually had BWV and BCV in a tie. Liked BWV location and activity better, but I liked BCV pool area better. At that point it came down to money, and BWV were $20 less a point at the time. So like everybody has said, there are a LOT of factors that go into making a decision. Prioritize them and use them to analyze your choices and you'll be good to go. And even if it's not perfect, there's always a chance with the 7 month window as well! :) Good luck.

We bought at both BWV and BLT simply because it allows us to walk to 3 out of the 4 parks (this is especially convenient with young children). We chose BWV over BCV because of the price difference, but in the current market BWV prices are going up and BCV prices are going down, so you might make a different choice. Stormalong Bay at BCV might be enough to push you there instead of BWV if the prices are close. Good luck making your choice!

All of this for us too! We own at both of the resorts that you mention, and walking distance is huge for us. Popping back to the room for a nap with young kids. 1/2 kids stay at a park with me and DW walks back to swim with 1/2 of the kids is nice too.

Also, we love that BWV has two different point options for rooms. We love booking Standard View when we need to stretch our points.

When we first thought of DVC, we thought about WL because it was easy access to MK. But thinking again knowing that kids are not young for long and want to do their own thing, we decided to go with the Beach Club. The teens/tweens can take off by themselves to the either Epcot or Studios. It is a quick walk to Epcot or to Boardwalk for dinner at one of the nicer restaurants. The Boardwalk is another great option, but I like the quieter atmosphere of the BC.

We really love Boardwalk. We are Jersey-ites, so it's familiar nostalgia.

Good for you. :thumbsup2

I really like BWV (and BCV) location, but since I live close to you and used to live up further on the coast, the themeing of these resorts are too much of a "been-there/done-that" for me. Not criticizing you or your tastes at all, just :rotfl: as it shows so much how it's different strokes for different folks.

To the OP - disneynutz's advice is the most solid. Try them out, or at least a few before buying.

Asking advice on this board is nice, but what resort is best is really what resort is best for you. Most of the replies on here are going to be from posters giving you what resort is best for them. Keep that in mind.

Also, and this is just MY opinion. Don't think you "should" buy BLT (or BWV or BCV) due to the new family/stroller issue. They grow up fast and you won't be needing that stroller forever.

When you bought your car did you test drive it?

I think that you should test drive the DVC resorts too. :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

Agree with this! We love the location of BCV however we don't find it relaxing which seems to be more important to me than location. We own at SSR and VWL which are much more peaceful/ resort feel. It is really all in what you want!

One more thing... You may want to consider contract length. BLT, SSR and AKL contracts have more time remaining.

As for my favorite resort: No question BLT. I love the monorail and views of MK.

As for where i would buy a resale contract? Consider OKW or SSR if you don't mind taking a chance at the 7 month mark.
-very low per point cost (40-55 pp)
-very reasonable dues
--mid $4's for SSR
--OKW is low $5 but does not tend to escalate quickly
-allows you to afford more points, and 7 month availability is usually allows you to stay where you want (exceptions during holiday weeks, F&W at some resorts, etc.)
-Gives you 11 month access to dirt cheap grand villas at OKW or tree houses at SSR.

I bought at BLT for my first 100 points, but would definately buy one of those 2 resorts if I get the chance to add on

My favorite resort? A toss up between BCV and AKV. But if I had young kids? It would be one of the park resorts for convenience - BLT, BCV, BWV and I would even consider VWL since it's really easy to boat over MK.

No matter where you buy, one thing is certain - you will love it and be glad you bought into DVC. We always regret that we didn't do it sooner.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter