Which cruise would you do?

ianbikes

Earning My Ears
A 4 night on the Wish in May? Or a 7 day Southern Caribbean on the Wonder in November?

Curve ball.... The Souther Caribbean one is a concierge room/reservation

I have both reserved for 2022 and need to pick one. HELP!

Wonder: it’s my favorite, I am biased. BUT: if you are concierge, the second floor of the Cove Cafe was converted into the concierge lounge. Before they converted it, that glass enclosed part of the ship was my favorite place to be. It’s heavenly. And 7 days of that vs. 4? Heck ya!

Only caution I would have is the non-refundable $$ for concierge.

A 4 night on the Wish in May? Or a 7 day Southern Caribbean on the Wonder in November?

Oh, that's not even hard. Sail on the Wonder in Concierge. The Southern islands are so much better than going to Nassau. Concierge is amazing and it's more nights.

Oh, that's not even hard. Sail on the Wonder in Concierge. The Southern islands are so much better than going to Nassau. Concierge is amazing and it's more nights.
Totally agree. Southern was the best cruise we've been on!

Don't you mean on the Magic???

Second this... The only southern Caribbean in Nov is on the Magic out of San Juan from what I can tell. We have sailed out of San Juan twice and love it. I highly recommend the 7 night (especially if its a similar price to the Wish). Southern Caribbean itineraries are few and far between with DCL now sadly.

7 night concierge no question. I don't happen to be excited about the Wish, though.

Are you new to DCL? Cruising in general?

Did you already put down a deposit for a Concierge room (which is probably non-refundable, but is it transferable?)

November 2022 for Southern Caribbean on the Magic?
May 2023 for Bahamas on the Wish?

As a seasoned cruiser, but not having done a Southern Caribbean itinerary, that would be my choice. And this one more so, as these destinations are often done on 11-14 night cruises (especially if the home port is Florida). [Currently bookable on DCL are only two Southern C. Cruises; the other is 9 nights but does not go to Aruba nor Bonaire. That’s the rarity of these special cruises].

If I had to cruise in Concierge, I make reconsider this as my choice.
Also, the terminal in San Juan isn’t the greatest. And you have to fly to San Juan.

For a first-timer on DCL, the Wish should be a nice choice. New ship, lovely DCL-dedicated terminal at Port Canaveral. Only have to fly to MCO or Melbourne. Or drive. That Cruise being pushed out to a later date might allow for a more normal Disney experience.

A day at Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay, is one of the selling points for many people (and used by the company).

A four-night Bahamas is a lovely introduction to Disney cruising. If you are t already used to longer cruises, it should feel about right (3 nights is too short). And the Wish offers finer specialty dining at Remy’s.

Good luck in decision making. Or are you doing both, anyway?

I'd definitely choose a longer cruise (to anywhere, honestly) with concierge over a short cruise on the Wish. The Wish will be around for many years to come, plus the longer itineraries are going to get you more opportunities for cool stuff (activities during sea days, different menus in the dining rooms, etc). And concierge is just so nice to have!

I agree with the consensus here. While it would be great to see the new ship and all the bells and whistles that come with it. The opportunity to unwind and experience concierge on the longer cruise will be well worth it. I personally am planning on waiting to experience one of the "new" ships once they are offering longer cruises on them. 3 and 4 night cruises are too much of a tease. :)

The Wish is not sailing until June, so I don’t see how you could have a May cruise booked in 2022. Are you sure it is not on the Dream?

We're booked on the Southern Caribbean on the Magic in Nov, but we are almost certainly cancelling. It is hands down the cruise we want to do, but watching things play out with ports closing and flights being cancelled, we'll save this one for the future. The extra wrinkle of flying in and out of PR makes it just too many places for things to go wrong. We're opting to cruise out of Port Canaveral for now, so it's a fairly easy drive for us instead of needing to factor in flying too.

OP's data seems very fuzzy and questionable.

We're booked for the 9-night Southern Caribbean (Disney Fantasy) this summer out of PC. Second time for the SC.

We enjoy a shorter cruise. We've gone on a cruise as long as 5 days and felt it was 1 day too long. We're not concierge people either. Each to their own. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts