Which character dining experience is the cheapest

Vickie46

DIS Veteran
I am taking my parents back to Disney World and I would love to give them a character meal.. Which is the cheapest? If that is such a thing. I know to stay away from the Castle etc.

If I had to chose one I would go to chef Mickey. We did take my parents to garden grill when we went with them but we all felt it was more ho hum compared to some of the others. We also really enjoyed Ohana best friends breakfast

I called to inquire about character breakfast costs for our travel period (the last week of August). 'Ohana and the breakfast at the Grand Floridian were the cheapest ($21-something per adult). Chef Mickey was substantially more expensive ($33-something per adult).

Not sure if this is something you would consider, as its not on the Disney Dining Plan, but if you are paying OOP, the character breakfast at the Swan (at the Garden Grove restaurant) is cheaper yet, assuming you have AAA. Our breakfast reservation at the Garden Grove, for three adults, is $61.32 including tax. The concierge who provided the details to me by email have indicated that our Sunday reservation should include visits from Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale. AAA gets you 20% off your meal cost. And the concierge has indicated the server will validate our parking pass so it will be no additional cost (otherwise, it would be an additional $15).

Character breakfasts are your cheapest route:

Ohana at Poly has Stitch, Mickey, and Goofy (I think)
Crystal Palace at MK has Pooh and friends
1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian has some Pooh and Mary Poppins
Tusker House at AK has Donald, Daisy, and ???
Cape May at Beach Club has Minnie and ??? in beachwear

These are all within a couple dollars more or less of $25.

our favorite one is 'ohana for breakfast, it's one of the cheapest, you can see Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch and the food is pretty good PLUS it's served family style wich we favor over buffets with lots of kids around!!!

We did breakfast at TH, CP, and Ohana's...

We liked Ohana's because of stitch, but the best service food and character interaction was CP...

TH was crazy busy, didn't get good service and just felt rushed

Chef Mickey's is probably the most expensive other than the princess meals and IMHO so NOT worth it!

The cheapest character meal is probably at the Garden Grove at the Swan. It is only on the weekends though and there are usually only 2 characters but it's also not usually as busy as the other character meals. Characters also appear nightly at dinner but naturally dinner is more expensive so breakfast would be the better option to save $$.

My other choices would be Cape May (usually Minnie, Donald and Goofy) and 1900 Pk Fare (Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins and Pooh characters, sometimes they vary). I think are the best value for the $$. Good food and good character interaction = good value for the price.

Character breakfasts are your cheapest route:

Ohana at Poly has Stitch, Mickey, and Goofy (I think)
Crystal Palace at MK has Pooh and friends
1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian has some Pooh and Mary Poppins
Tusker House at AK has Donald, Daisy, and ???
Cape May at Beach Club has Minnie and ??? in beachwear

These are all within a couple dollars more or less of $25.

O'Hana at the Poly has Stitch, Lilo, Mickey and Pluto
Crystal Palace at MK has Pooh, Pigger, Eeoyre and Piglet (only place to meet Piglet at WDW)
1900 Park Fare at GF has Pooh, Tigger, Alice, Mad Hatter and Mary Poppins
Tusker House at AK has Donald, Mickey, Daisy and Goofy
Cape May at Beach Club has Minnie, Donald and Goofy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter