Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

Is it near the Nutcrackers?

:dance3: Yes Ma'am...this is from the Storyteller stage by the large Nutcracker...

i-wjxghJS-XL.jpg
:tink:

epcot ? china?

Attraction shop or food service? Glad you’re feeling better

One day is good; the next, not so much. David had to leave work early today too. Lot of coughing again today and his ear is hurting him badly. It would help if we got some decent weather! It's been miserable...mid-80's, HUMID, just gross! Suppose to rain all weekend too. :headache:

i-7BTzxW5-Th.jpg

Yes...this is from a China attraction; tell me what it is. :goodvibes :tink:

One day is good; the next, not so much. David had to leave work early today too. Lot of coughing again today and his ear is hurting him badly. It would help if we got some decent weather! It's been miserable...mid-80's, HUMID, just gross! Suppose to rain all weekend too. :headache:

i-7BTzxW5-Th.jpg

Yes...this is from a China attraction; tell me what it is. :goodvibes :tink:

The tomb soldier exhibit?

The movie? Kidcot?

It’s freezing here. Supposed to get some snow this afternoon/evening.

:cold: Brrrr...I'm a little jealous but thankful the humidity is gone and temps are a little more seasonal for us. It's been a miserable week here! Had 1 1/2 inches of rain yesterday and cool front cleared all that crap out! MAYBE we can finally start feeling better! We may both be back at doctors this week if we don't see some improvement! 🤧

i-7BTzxW5-Th.jpg

No Ma'am, not from the movie or Kidcot area. :tink:

:cold: Brrrr...I'm a little jealous but thankful the humidity is gone and temps are a little more seasonal for us. It's been a miserable week here! Had 1 1/2 inches of rain yesterday and cool front cleared all that crap out! MAYBE we can finally start feeling better! We may both be back at doctors this week if we don't see some improvement! 🤧

i-7BTzxW5-Th.jpg

No Ma'am, not from the movie or Kidcot area. :tink:

The House of Whispering Willows Gallery? Temple of Heaven?

Finally feel well enough to give you some thoughts on our trip. A little hard to compare this trip with others because we've never gotten sick before but overall "rating" hovers at 50% "enjoyable". Met some awesome fellow Disney travelers at our resort. The most interesting was a lady from Newfoundland, Canada. She was one of the many volunteers caring for passengers when the planes landed in that area after 9-11. The couple from London were awesome. Talked with them almost every evening and each day they offered more information for Allie and her upcoming trip. There was a gentleman from North Carolina who was an apple farmer and he and his wife were hilarious! "Damn apples are suppose to all be harvested by this time of the year but not this year...gotta go back home and sell more apples!" A lot of Southerners (by far the most friendly :goodvibes), New Jersey, Oregon, Nebraska and, Diane, a lady from North Conway, NH! We love the POP, more so now that the Skyliner transportation is available. The BEST Disney transportation! We loved the "no waiting" since it loads continuously. We arrived at the station one morning on our way to rope drop and David "groaned" when he saw the line backed up into the resort area. Took, maybe, 8-10 minutes for us to get "on board" and line never stopped moving. Bus service was also very good this trip. They moved some of the pickup stops at the parks closer and the only time we had a long wait to board was after the Christmas party. Staff at the POP are great. Housekeeping is so friendly and food service very helpful. They keep the coffee pots full during "morning rush" and sweetest young ladies at the registers. We used Cast and Crew for our transportation to/from the airport and highly recommend them! They're a little more expensive than the Mears transportation options but can't say enough good things about them. On our departure day they'd actually arrived at the pick up point before we walked over from our room to the spot. Had 3 POP CM's load our luggage and we arrived at the airport with plenty time to spare. The drivers were so friendly...one even sent me a couple of extra pictures he'd taken of the entrance arch when he saw me taking a picture of it as we crossed under.

As much as I hate to admit it, Genie+ and LL is almost a necessity. A friend used both the entire trip and did a lot of the attractions. We purchased LL for Rise but used standby for the rest. Average wait was 30 minutes but 1 ride ended up being an hour in standby due to shutdowns during our wait. A lot of extra $$$ added to an already expensive vacation. Granted, the crowd was much heavier than we thought it would be but probably equal to a summer visit. We missed a couple of favorites...FROZEN for one. It was not running during our EPCOT day until around 3 in the afternoon and wait time was right at 2 hours; my guess mostly due to LL purchases. We missed Test Track and did not see the Epcot evening fireworks. That was on our schedule for our last night but David was sick in bed and I was exhausted. Didn't have the energy to stand there and watch and then the long wait for transportation back to the resort so I left before it started. I missed Haunted Mansion :sad2: but David and Amanda rode it. They parked hopped to the MK one evening while I went back to the resort. We missed Flight of Passage; thought about purchasing LL but Amanda doesn't do FoP so we opted out.

I miss the icicles on the Castle. The projections are beautiful but the icicles add so much "Christmas" to the castle. The fireworks were awesome but, again, SO crowded on Main Street. MK decorations were pretty, especially on Main Street. Tomorrowland Speedway had some really cute additions but, for some reason, they were only "on" during the Christmas Party. Don't understand why they go to the trouble to put the decorations up but don't turn them on every evening. They were testing TRON during the evenings so MAYBE that will be operational soon. Rumor has it the train will start running close to Christmas. Was a little disappointed it wasn't yet up and running. Harbour House food has "gone downhill"; our most disappointing meal.

I am SO TIRED of the construction walls at Epcot! It's been, what, 3 YEARS we've had to deal with those damn walls! The new "Mouse Gears"/Connections is pretty cool but it's more "department store" decor now than the old Mouse Gears...like the new Disney Store in DS. Most disappointed with Epcot's Christmas decorations. :sad2: No topiaries! Instead they've been replaced with "cardboard cutouts"! Not very festive and no Christmas trees in FW at all. Most of the WS decorations are the same as in years past. Storytellers were fun to listen too and Living With The Land gets my "award" for "Best Epcot Decorations"...really cute, especially at night. Rose and Crown has the BEST iced tea in all of Disney World! The English Black Tea was SO good!

P1920587-M.jpg
P1920586-M.jpg

Hollywood Studios has my favorite decorations but, again, nothing new. We did all the attractions we wanted to in HS but Slinky Dog ended up being a longer wait than we thought. Got in line at rope drop only to learn it was DOWN! They had to restart everything and run the test so we ended up an additional 30 minute wait. :headache: Lunch at Prime Time was so much fun...loved our server, Doris. Since Fantasmic debuted a few days before our arrival there was not a "holiday show" on the Chinese Theater; missed that. We opted out of Fantasmic also for this trip but I understand it's pretty awesome.

Animal Kingdom lines were the longest. That was a pretty miserable park day. It was hot and crowded; we left after lunch and Mandy and I visited resorts. We returned later that afternoon and STILL pretty crowded. The Tree of Life projections were really pretty and their Christmas decorations, while the same, is a great improvement over a few years ago.

Disney Springs was crazy the day we were there. Black Friday sales plus locals added to the crowds. They've now scattered the "Trail of Trees" throughout DS instead of having them all in one place. I understand the change...it WAS pretty crowded in that area in 2019 when we were there...but it also makes it harder to see them all. The "hunt" for the trees is fun IF you have the time and IF the place isn't so crowded. We found most of them but know we missed some pretty ones. Prices are CRAZY! The $24 tee shirts are now $29 and not many holiday or dated shirts at all. Sara wanted a "Christmas shirt" and there was only ONE choice. Same for me; the shirt I wanted only had XS and Small sizes left. Asked in numerous shops and they were sold out of larger sizes. I finally ordered a Christmas party shirt on EBAY when we returned.

The refillable mugs have gone up from $16-18 to $22. I probably got my money's worth out of mine with morning coffee and evening Diet Cokes "free" but David and Amanda didn't. They had morning coffee and drank water with meals. The paper straws are improved!:rotfl: They don't get "mushy" anymore. The 50th Anniversary Raspberry Almond mousse was "to die for"! Best holiday dessert! The "drinking around the world" in Epcot is getting out of hand. Way to many people "over indulge" and some of the "language" that comes out of their mouths is not to be heard in a family situation! I also think the gift shops could offer a great service by stocking "medications"! No one plans to get sick during their stay but there was almost NO OTC medications available. I always prepare and take cold medications so Amanda was able to use that but by the time David and I got sick that was gone. And David SO wanted some soup! Nothing stocked in the shops for guests that don't feel well.

That pretty much covers my observations. It's NOT the same Disney World 😢; some "magic" still there but CM's are overworked and tired. Only encountered 1 "grumpy" one so they're all trying and DID get some "pixie dust". The "happy" CM's are, for the most part, few and far between. If you're planning a trip add 30-40% to your projected budget. $$$ is the "name of the game" now. :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter