Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

Took me most of the evening but got Allie's cheesecake and cupcakes ready for her 18th birthday :faint: dinner tomorrow night!
i-Gg528KD-S.jpg

No Ma'am, not from the Queen's Table. :tink:

Pringle of Scotland?

Disney World may be the safest place to be with all their extra safety measures but getting there would be dangerous torture, at least for me. I flew from WA to VA yesterday. Spokane was moderately busy yet they only had one TSA lane working. I've never had to wait so long for security at Spokane.

I had upgraded my seat (on United) to Denver so that flight was pretty good.

Denver was packed! Just like the old days. 95% of people had masks. I didn't upgrade on the fright from Denver to Dulles. I was crammed in the back of the plane and even though the middle seat had been empty up until the time I signed in, here came some man from Africa who didn't understand flying or English. Thankfully, once the door closed, they allowed him to move to an empty aisle seat. I never would have made it with him literally touching me for 3 hours. I will have to pay extra for the upgrade on the way back.

Dulles wasn't crowded, it was midnight after all but it took me 30 min to get to the luggage claim, it's such a huge airport. I walked at least a mile and had to take a subway and 3 incredibly steep, long, (scary) escalators. But I had plenty of time. The luggage didn't get there until over an hour after the plane had landed! :faint:

You had a long trip. :faint: Glad the guy was able to move and you didn't have to sit next to him the whole flight. What does an upgrade give you? A row by yourself?

Hope Allie and everyone has a great time. I have watched some of the live streaming being done from all of the parks. Yes the crowds look great and everybody seems to be keeping their distance.

I agree with Jeff that being at Disney world right now is not for me either. I paid for my annual pass in full in the beginning. They have offered to refund the amount of time they were closed. A couple of days ago got an email that for those that wished to cancel the remaining time on their annual pass have that option to do so.

With the numbers going the way they are and not feeling very comfortable in any type of crowd, I am canceling my annual pass and taking the refund. My daughter and I agreed that we are skipping the 2021 Princess Half Marathon Weekend. Honestly it probably will be 2022 or latet before I get back up to the world.

come on you don't have to wait for a Marathon to wear women's clothing lol you can do it anytime you want

You had a long trip. :faint: Glad the guy was able to move and you didn't have to sit next to him the whole flight. What does an upgrade give you? A row by yourself?

United's "economy plus" moves you up to the front, behind first class and gives you a larger seat. Since you have to pay extra, not as many people do it so you are more likely to have the middle seat empty. But it's not a guarantee.

Disney World may be the safest place to be with all their extra safety measures but getting there would be dangerous torture, at least for me. I flew from WA to VA yesterday. Spokane was moderately busy yet they only had one TSA lane working. I've never had to wait so long for security at Spokane.

Denver was packed! Just like the old days. 95% of people had masks. I didn't upgrade on the fright from Denver to Dulles. I was crammed in the back of the plane and even though the middle seat had been empty up until the time I signed in, here came some man from Africa who didn't understand flying or English. Thankfully, once the door closed, they allowed him to move to an empty aisle seat. I never would have made it with him literally touching me for 3 hours. I will have to pay extra for the upgrade on the way back.

Dulles wasn't crowded, it was midnight after all but it took me 30 min to get to the luggage claim, it's such a huge airport. I walked at least a mile and had to take a subway and 3 incredibly steep, long, (scary) escalators. But I had plenty of time. The luggage didn't get there until over an hour after the plane had landed! :faint:

What a nightmare! I can't believe all airlines aren't doing like Southwest and keeping that middle seat open. :confused3 That just blows my mind! :crazy: Almost sounds like Dulles was operating with low employees if it took THAT long to get your luggage; I don't ever recall waiting over 20 minutes for our luggage. And why just ONE security line open; you'd think ALL the airports would be fully staffed so they could get people out of the building! My great niece and her husband flew to Vegas last week from Austin and she said it was a very rapid "in and out" at both airports. I tend to agree with you about DW now being fairly safe...except for HS yesterday. Like I told Ed, it was VERY crowded in Galaxy's Edge and TSL. I'm glad Sara and the girls are driving though; it's a "torturous" drive but safer and they can stay with family in Louisiana to break the long drive up. Have fun with your grandkids! :goodvibes:tink:

IMG_1274a by Diane Berube, on Flickr

No not in a resort room.

Looks like all the people are at HS. Rise of the Resistance first time boarding passes were gone in a minute. Mickey and Minnies new ride had a two hour wait.

WOW...gone in 1 MINUTE! :faint: Unbelievable! Maybe after the initial opening the crowds there will thin a little; HOPE SO! 😵

What about the savannah viewing area room? :tink:

Plus the heat is unbearable right now plus having to wear a mask, no thank you. The heat index here in Central Fl has been 104-110 degrees with very high humidity which makes the air very thick, so when you wear a mask, its horrible.

That's what our heat index has been at too! It feels like it does when you open a hot oven door as soon as you walk out of the AC! ::yes:: It was far from "fun" but we managed 3 hours on the Strand in Galveston under those conditions and it honestly wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Going in/out of AC buildings helped a lot! :tink:

That is nuts waiting for an hour. I would definitely be more nervous in a plane than walking around the world. I agree it could be the safest place. Right now I'm just not for me. Home to my office and back and any stops along the way I am wearing the KN95'S

Fun birthday dinner with our "adult" Allie 😵 ! I missed them...good to have them home for a couple of days! Dorm necessities, cash, picture pillow case to go with her dorm quilt...but she was most excited about the senior soccer book...AND, of course, her new soccer cleats! (Which she may or may not need :headache:; already had their entire pre-season cancelled and the conference they're in is meeting soon to determine when or IF they'll have a season. 😣)

i-wgp93pR-M.jpg
i-MSRnq2M-M.jpg
i-LkBSG5X-M.jpg
i-w9p7M8H-L.jpg
:tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter