Where (in the US) would you like to live

Are you single? I could see living there and really loving it as a single, or even as a couple, but with a family, I just don't see it working financially for most people.
I actually met my boyfriend there last summer, and yes, seeing NYC from his quirky UWS apartment made it easy for me. I couldn't afford to live there without his income supplementing, as I have a more middle class level job. Actually, he wasn't able to either before his divorce (he had a house in Westchester Co and commuted in, which many people do . . . sometimes from hours away). But for us. . . it was pretty amazing. That is the the thing--a one bedroom in Manhattan is expensive, but not out of reach, so for couples it's not as bad as you'd think. It's cheaper than the bay area.

I actually met my boyfriend there last summer, and yes, seeing NYC from his quirky UWS apartment made it easy for me. I couldn't afford to live there without his income supplementing, as I have a more middle class level job. Actually, he wasn't able to either before his divorce (he had a house in Westchester Co and commuted in, which many people do . . . sometimes from hours away). But for us. . . it was pretty amazing. That is the the thing--a one bedroom in Manhattan is expensive, but not out of reach, so for couples it's not as bad as you'd think. It's cheaper than the bay area.

Right, with two working adults in a one bedroom. But add in kids, the need for a bigger place, daycare, etc.....

Interesting about the Bay Area. I haven't looked at prices of apartment there since my friend moved a long time ago. She finally married and bought a house in San Leandro.

We are moving back to CA and are bracing ourselves for the increase in housing prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter