Where does your spouse stay when they go on their conventions in Orlando??

Fantasia_

I'm ready for the World!
I'm curious cause my husband said the convention is in Orlando in September for 3 days. He won't know until April where they are staying (we are we are going with him). I'm wondering where your spouse usually stay for conventions.

What type of hotels are they? Are they 4* or 3*?
I hope their convention is at Swan or MOWC or some place real nice. I just want to get some ideas where conventioners go. Thanks!

I guess I have to cancel my ressies at ASMoies. :(

noears.gif
broom.gif

<font color=green><marquee direction="right" align= "middle" behavior= "alternate">Disney***Where magic and dreams come true!***</marquee></font>
<font color=red> ASMovies 9/00</font>
<font color=blue>ASMovies 9/01</font>
DL-79,82,92,03-I hope!
WDW-83,91,94,00

orlando is a convention city - so he could be staying anywhere - if on Disney property it could the be the S/D, YC/BC, CRS, or Cont - people have been send to conventions at all of them. They also have conventions in downtown Orlando - there are a bunch of conventions hotels there too. Most of these hotels are 3 or 4 stars.

Thank you spiceycat for the info. So in other words, he can end up in a real nice place or just another hotel-simple and nothing special like Clarion or Bestwestern Inn.

This convention is for franchisees so they have to pay it out of their own pocket, I hope whoever is setting up this convention will not pick anything cheap! I hope they pick the Disney resort or Swan/Dolphin!!

I'm going crazy wondering where they may end up. I am a planner person and I like to know exactly when and where and what.

Anybody else out there who goes to convention in Orlando or their spouse? Thanks!

noears.gif
broom.gif

<font color=green><marquee direction="right" align= "middle" behavior= "alternate">Disney***Where magic and dreams come true!***</marquee></font>
<font color=blue>off-sight/? for convention 9/01</font>
DL-79,82,92,03-I hope!
WDW-83,91,94,00

We are going with my husband who will be on a convention at the end of March.We will be stayimg at the Homewood Suites ,near the convention center on I Drive.
I will let you know how we got on when we get back

My husband had a convention at the Swan last July. But they gave us conventions rates at the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht & Beach, and the Boardwalk. So we had our choice!! The rates were the same for all. My DH wanted the Swan or Dolphin so he could earn more Starwood points but I picked the Beach club since I've always wanted to swim in that pool! (it was for 5 nites)

He also had a convention at the Coranado this past January. But we stayed at the Poly. The company he works for has a limit on hotels and you can't spend more that $225 a nite!! So why stay at the Coranado when we can spend up to 225! We had AP's and got a rate of $189 at the Poly. So we did save them a little!! LOL ( this one was for 9 nights)
Love those conventions!! :D

Thanks guys for replying. I will do my homework on Homewood Suites and see how many rooms are there cause they are going to need at least about 1,200 to about 1,800 rooms. It's a big convention. Yes, let me know how it turned out.

LizaRay, you are so lucky! I hope we get lucky too! That's great that you have some choices! Wish me luck, I would love to try any of those deluxes or even CSR.

I've been doing some homework and checking some infos on 4* hotels to see the #s of room and the size of the convention center. So far the only thing that is just right for the size of this convention is MOWC and the Swan/Dolphin and YC/BC, unless they can split people up to whatever resort they want and have the convention in just one area, just how your hubby's convention was set up. Thanks guys!

noears.gif
broom.gif

mickey16.gif

<font color=blue>off-sight/? for convention 9/01</font>
DL-79,82,92,03-I hope!
WDW-83,91,94,00

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter