Where can I book Virgin flights with a deposit and advice needed

scottishgirl87

DIS Veteran
Hi all :wave2:

I don't post as often as I used to as our proposed trip in September/October is hanging by a thread. We are in the process of buying our first flat :-)banana:) so although we already have accommodation booked we're not sure we can actually stretch to going.

Anyway, the reason for my post is I've been keeping an eye on flights from Glasgow (preferably) and Edinburgh for our dates (can you tell I'm finding it hard to accept defeat!) and we're looking at £550-£600 each for our dates. I said at the beginning that £600 is my absolute limit for flights as we travel outwith school holidays and I'm just not willing to pay anymore than that. I should also point out we don't drive when over there so flying to MCO is a must. Well, I don't usually include Virgin in my search as they're usually extortionate from Glasgow, however, I had a look the other day and if we fly 2 days later than we planned (and come back 2 days later, obviously) I can get direct flights with them for £600 each. Now I'm thinking that's a pretty good price from Glasgow direct, right? What do you all think?

I know there's places you can book Virgin flights with only a deposit but my mind is failing me at the moment other than Charter Travel. Can anyone recommend where to try? If I could secure the Virgin price we would be willing to potentially lose our deposit if we end up not being able to go. Just can't commit to paying the full price at this time just incase.

I'm not too sure if they have a branch in the UK but we always have booked deposit only flights through Tour America. Its handy when you only want to pay a deposit and sometimes I've gotten fantastic deals through them! Hope that can help you a little, maybe someone else will have a better idea! Best of luck with the trip, I hope it goes ahead :goodvibes

Thanks, Wills Mom, will check them out.

I'm very close to breaking point and just booking the flights as I have enough money for them at the moment. Just worried that when we move into our new flat we regret it having such a financial commitment hanging over us. We'll see...

with charter you have to book a car or accom i think to pay by deposit, we booked a car.
not sure about orlandoattractions though
there is also kenwood travel
ocean florida
netflights
pillinger
worth checking these out to see if they do dep only

Have to book accommadation with complete orlando to do deposit only on their flights

We booked a fly drive with Pillenger travel and only paid a deposit, great prices and great service. Would recommend them. We booked direct virgin flights and 7 seater minivan with gold insurance and only paid £150 deposit per person. Hope this helps x

Probably a good few travel agents would be able to do this for you. We got flight and car hire through our travel agent (my friends dad) and although we maybe paid a little more than if we had done it ourselves, we only had to pay £150 deposit for the 3 of us rather than the almost £3000 up front for flights :)

:goodvibes

luke said:
Probably a good few travel agents would be able to do this for you. We got flight and car hire through our travel agent (my friends dad) and although we maybe paid a little more than if we had done it ourselves, we only had to pay £150 deposit for the 3 of us rather than the almost £3000 up front for flights :)

I'm a travel agent and often book Virgin flights for myself and for customers through Jetsave which will let you book for just £150 per person.

monica23535 said:
I'm a travel agent and often book Virgin flights for myself and for customers through Jetsave which will let you book for just £150 per person.

Not sure who mine used, maybe USAirtours as he's used them before for us :)

I've just booked mine with Kenwood Travel for £100 per person. They were actually cheaper than Virgin direct!! I've used them before, they're excellent.

JA x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter