When to upgrade ticket, get Priority Access Pass - Sun 5/29

studiojmm

Mouseketeer
We are braving whatever crowds may be on Sun May 29. We'd been planning to purchase an AP since we're in Paris for more than a month and will make several visits. DD should be eligible for a Priority Access Pass (we have a NPS card for her), we'd been waiting to do all this in person.

Because we didn't want to haul over on Friday when the park was at capacity just to go to the customer service desk and we couldn't book an AP reservation without an AP, we booked one day tickets for Sunday. Figured we'd upgrade when we got the Priority Access Pass.

My question is order of operations on Sunday. Should we plan to go and get in line for the access pass and upgrade upon arrival? There's a chance that AP reservations will be gone for Sunday (though as of 11 am today, they are available for today), so I'm wondering about doing the upgrade later in the day instead. Thoughts?

I do not know the answer about upgrading, but be very prepared for long, long lines for anything AP related. The line for AP, friend passes etc. are all the same line.

Last edited:
Circling back: Annual pass offices at Studio doesn't open until noon, so that answered our question on order of operations.

We arrived by train at ~8:35. We went right to Disneyland park and stood in an incorrect line for ~20 min before getting directed to the correct line for the Priority Access pass, which took another 10ish min. Clerk confirmed we could make our exchange later in the day. Worked out just fine and we walked into the park just as the day ticket visitors were let through.

We were done with all we wanted to do today by 1ish and the crowd was getting pretty thick, so headed over to Studio to exchange the day tickets for the annual pass. They were dividing the line by transaction type somehow and had all the Priority Access Pass folks in one line (there seemed to be some special about being willing to pay for the annual pass all at once rather than monthly, two cast members seemed visibly relieved). We waited about 25 min in line and the exchange probably took another 15.

Ah good to hear it went sort of smoothly :)

And yeah, I can imagine paying at once is better than monthly. I stopped doing it because France is a pain when it comes to paperwork. They need a physical paper and an signature. You cannot sign digitally, you cannot sign it at home and e-mail it. They need the actual paper. So even when that might be easier to do at the park, then from your home (and papers getting lost in the mail ;-) ), but I am sure there is more bureaucratic stuff to do when you pay monthly. Especially for international guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter