Whats your FAVORITE Pete "The Rant" Werner moment?

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by MrandMrsJoeFriday, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Sparkly

Sparkly Starlight, starbright...

The first time I ever watched the Dis Unplugged, it was the show where Pete went on the huge rant about Starbucks!! This isn't one of his rants, but I did like the Halloween episode with the crazy wigs! LOL

2. RalphyBoy

RalphyBoy Something was done with the parking lot I think.

I'm not sure if this is what you're referring to, but I put a compilation together back in 2011, although I'm not sure if they ever aired it. I tried to upload but it says the file is too large, so I made it available for download here. http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=84368765689561762331

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. mckenk

mckenk Mouseketeer

Thanks to Pete I don't think I will ever eat at Tony's Town Square, PizzeRizzo, or San Angel Inn, LOL. I did eat at "Hollywood and Slime," however, because my kids wanted to meet the characters. And yes, the food was just not good.

dwheaton likes this.
  5. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Pete has softened a bit on Tony's.

cvaska and SorcererHeidi like this.
  6. dwheaton

dwheaton DIS Veteran

I love Pete's rants about bad dining across the board; it's always been one of my favorite things about the DIS Unplugged. More specifically, I may be in the minority but appreciate when Pete and the team delve into social issues. In particular, their episode after the Pulse shooting was powerful and transcended anything they do with Disney. It makes me appreciate Pete and the entire group as people more than just as Disney fans.

7. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

@dwheaton - Totally agree! And loved their one "Orlando gay" show too! Wished there would have been more!

dwheaton likes this.
  8. dwheaton

dwheaton DIS Veteran

We ate at San Angel Inn this past spring, and Pete is totally right. What a waste of a spot with such a nice theme!

hertamaniac likes this.
  9. dkrauss

dkrauss Goofy Fan from Jersey

I'm voting for today's "totally appropriate" RANT!!! Pete was awesome today!

Doug :goofy:

10. wnwardii

wnwardii Mouseketeer

Totally agree. I got to the live feed just as he was getting into the email he received. Classic moment!

tink1970 and dkrauss like this.
  11. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

Okay - now I'm even MORE excited to see the show! :)

ETA - Watching now - PREACH Pete!!!! :worship:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  12. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Disney/Universal Fan and MALE

Yes, Pete's short rant today was great and I agree with him 100%.

tink1970, DarthGallifrey and dkrauss like this.
  13. Revan

Revan Mouseketeer

Same here - today's rant was perfect. I guess entitlement extends to listeners as well, geez, Pete should have given the guy back the money he paid for the podcast subscription, wait....

14. Jafar30

Jafar30 DIS Veteran

#ThanksMatthew

Look_Alive likes this.
  15. hertamaniac

hertamaniac Give me 95 degrees everyday

The only thing that I was somewhat surprised is that he read the e-mail while vacationing in Europe; I hope and believe it didn't fester for the rest of the vacation. On a real and non-working vacation, I typically go "off the grid" as to not even risk something potentially affecting my/our enjoyment. With that being said, I would set up an e-mail filter allowing only my stakeholders to pass through if there was a pressing/urgent issue.

16. ALWEASEL

ALWEASEL Earning My Ears

Tuesday's rant was fantastic. I loved the part where he was so angry that he leaked Craigs medical problem.
    Pete telling Craig he would watch him like a hawk was great.
    The show was fantastic. I miss it when it's not on but again i understand that it's not a job it's something they do help and entertain us all.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    DarthGallifrey likes this.
  17. Jennasis

Jennasis DIS life goes on

This week's rant was a goody! I wholeheartedly agree!

18. Lee Matthews

Lee Matthews DIS Veteran

Maybe a tad harsh to call him out by name no?

disneyland_is_magic likes this.
  19. Jennasis

Jennasis DIS life goes on

No.

Alicenwonderment likes this.
  20. MarkE83

MarkE83 Mouseketeer

I’m sure there’s more than one person called Matthew living in Delaware. Not exactly called out by name.

With regards to him reading it whilst in Europe: once you own an operation the size of dreams unlimited travel / the dis, you pretty much never ever genuinely take a day off.

MaryKatesMom likes this.
  21. disneyland_is_magic

disneyland_is_magic DIS Veteran

I am glad someone finally said it, I wanted to but was too chicken for fear of getting attacked. Matthew was completely out of line, no question but I had a hard time listening and had to turn it off, in the live chat and in the comments there was some name calling, one I found particularly vulgar. I think they eventually got cleaned up but did he see those?! I would be devastated to be attacked like that in a community I was invested.
    The name calling was not Pete’s fault at all, it was the internet and thought it was too much.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018