What would you change about WDW if you had the chance

First thing, not really a park thing, but I would make one building at at least one Value, one Moderate, and one Deluxe resort pet friendly. Then, I would make AK's operating hours open until 7pm at the earliest year round instead of only until 5pm, since we can never squeeze it all in. Then, I would put Stitch's Great Escape out of it's misery, along with Sounds Dangerous, Ellen's Universe of Energy, and that darn tacky carnival area at AK. Next, PI needs major help....new clubs, new life, make it a party again, bring in some live performers and worth the cost of admission.

Those things would make me really happy. Of course there are probably a thousand more things that I will think of after I post this, but these are my first thoughts on the matter.

The trams....I would have a special car in the back of the tram for strollers so guests with strollers the size of an SUV wouldn't have to cram into the seat beside you...they would put their stroller in the back and be done with it. I mean...who would steal it from the parking lot to the park entrance?

I don't know why Disney doesn't do this now.
:confused3

I would change the coffee!! It's so hard to find a decent cup of coffee.

Dh and I are sweet tea lovers and you just can't get any on property.
And no matter how hard you try, the contents of the little packets of sugar never melt in cold water.:confused3 I am sure it's a time or money saving thing to only have unsweet tea, but it would make us Disney lovers real happy!:wizard:

I would decrease the cost of parking. $11 is a lot to pay after already paying an arm and leg for the park tickets.

I'd line the bus waiting area (at the parks) with benches. I'd make it all a skinny row of benches (winding, like they do), so no one could walk past.

I'd add some more misting stations in all the parks.

I'd close or refurbish Journey Into Your Imagination (or whatever the Figment
ride is called).

I'd add a small movie, diorama, or something that shows the Magic Kingdom as it once was, with souvenirs to match. Nostalgia is such a big part of WDW.

I'd add a couple of characters walking the resorts, especially the values, where the theming is huge.

First thing I would do is put the Dining Plan back just like it was!!! Definitely get rid of Stitch's Great Escape, or at least make it a "real" ride. Lastly, I wish they would make more rooms available for people with larger families like ours ie: More family suites.

A big one is returning some old rides to the way they were, in some cases with technological upgrades.

For example, all that was really wrong with the old Tiki Room was a horrible sound system.

We were better off with Alien Encounter than Stitch, better off with the old Journey Into Imagination, things like that.

Also, I would captialize more on the nostalgia of old-timers like me. If you're over the age of 25, odds are there are some removed attractions you'd love to experience again. As technology continues to advance, I'd add a Disney Quest-style park that recreates (using high level computer simulations, etc.) extinct attractions.

I've noticed moves towards that already. New rides incorporate elements from old rides, refer back to previous attractions in some way, etc. I was even shocked to hear "If You Had Wings" twice during my January trip this year.

I'd also take down the room rates across the Resort. That would help them with their room inventory problem as well.

I would make the tickets half the price as the are now.

have a special 'free' time at every store so kids could get picked to receive anything they want in a store .

I would put all the dining back the wya it was so that each place had it's own styel of foods instead of the same stuff at each buffet and then I'd cut the price in half.

I think everyone should be able to enjoy the extra magic hours and the special parties are included with the price of the regular ticket.

I would stop the Studios from adding all this American Idol and High School Musical stuff (like that's going to happen. I would also put a halt on adding any new Pixar stuff for a good long while. They just need to open a Pixar park or something. I don't want the Studios going that direction anymore. I don't like it! :(

And, like someone else, I would like AK's hours extended a bit, even during the slow season. We just didn't have enough time to do all we wanted with it closing at 5:00.

And one major thing I wish they would do is to sell quality DVD memories of old rides and attractions that are no longer around. Like, have a complete ride-through, showing all the little details, a walk-through of the queue, having guests and CMs talk about their memories of the attraction, etc. SO many people would buy those! I just don't get why Disney doesn't sell things like that.

And one major thing I wish they would do is to sell quality DVD memories of old rides and attractions that are no longer around. Like, have a complete ride-through, showing all the little details, a walk-through of the queue, having guests and CMs talk about their memories of the attraction, etc. SO many people would buy those! I just don't get why Disney doesn't sell things like that.

I don't get that either. I would think that it would be obvious that if people are willing to buy copies of other people's home videos of old attractions, they'd be even more happy to buy a professionally produced version. They're "leaving money on the table" . . . .

And no matter how hard you try, the contents of the little packets of sugar never melt in cold water.:confused3 I am sure it's a time or money saving thing to only have unsweet tea, but it would make us Disney lovers real happy!:wizard:

When you're in the MK go the the Columbia Harbor House (counter service at Liberty Square). The sweet iced tea is not on the menu, but you can order it, and its always a treat. I need my fix at least a couple of times each visit. Now if it was only available at more places.

I would work w/the city of Orlando to install a monorail system for MCO service and also extend the monorail system throughout the Disney property to include all parks and, at least, the deluxe resorts.

Make one entire value resort of affordable suites that will sleep 5 or 6 people. I know they have a few All Star suites now, but they cost more than just getting two connecting rooms.

I would change the dining plan so instead of getting desserts with your meals, you would get extra snack credits that can be used to get either a dessert after a meal, or a snack later. So on my dining plan, you would get a counter service meal (meal and drink - no dessert), a sit down meal (meal and drink, tax and tip - no dessert), and three snack/dessert credits a day. Each person can decide if they want a dessert after a meal or if they want to save their snack/dessert credit and get a snack later. I personally rarely have dessert and would rather have the extra credits to get something for breakfast.

It's funny you mention this, I'm Canadian and we can't get unsweet tea here, so I love the unsweet tea, but I always wondered why they didn't offer both.

And, like someone else, I would like AK's hours extended a bit, even during the slow season. We just didn't have enough time to do all we wanted with it closing at 5:00.

I asked about this the last time we were there and I was told by a CM that they close so early to tend to the animals (feedings, vet care etc) at the same time every day. The animals are creatures of habit too.

I would change the coffee!! It's so hard to find a decent cup of coffee.

:thumbsup2 I'm right there with you! A few, well placed, GOOD coffee shops would more than pay for themselves & keep our energy up to spend more time shopping! (hoping Disney heard me)

I'd revamp the speedway in tomorrowland - instead of being "tomorrow-ish & setting a good example for fuel economy, right now it's more like the racing lawnmowers from hell. *cough* *cough* *sputter* *sputter*

Go back to charging a modest fee for E-nights (or whatever it was called). I would gladly pay for a few extra hours in the parks with less crowds.

Totally agree! Coffee is an important part of my morning, want it, need it, gotta have it!! And, weak coffee doesn't get it :surfweb: :sad2:

I would a couple of new rides to each park. I would start with the Studios and AK. If I could, and by the looks of this thread I can, I would a whole new land at AK. Either Australia, or a reptile land. Theme it up, put in some eats, and some rides.

A couple of new rides per park can keep people occupied. As Disney stays so popular even it dead times this would keep people happy. Happy people in parks spend even more money.

It the back of my mind DTD could use some rides. Maybe over the water. Coaster, maybe something like you see at a carnival, but done Disney style with class. Of course the downside would be people showing up just to ride and DTD is pretty crowded now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter