What to do when Nyquil doesn't work!?

rascalmom

<font color=purple>Business trips should include a
Help!

I feel like I am drowning - my head is full of yuck, I'm sneezing, coughing & just generally miserable. I took Nyquil over an hour ago, which usually helps me enough to fall asleep. Not this time!

I can't breathe & my nose feels like it is about to fall off from tissue-abuse :sick:

I don't think this is anything but just a rotten cold - no fever or any signs of infection.....just misery.

Waaaah! I want to feel better!!!:mad:

Help!

I feel like I am drowning - my head is full of yuck, I'm sneezing, coughing & just generally miserable. I took Nyquil over an hour ago, which usually helps me enough to fall asleep. Not this time!

I can't breathe & my nose feels like it is about to fall off from tissue-abuse :sick:

I don't think this is anything but just a rotten cold - no fever or any signs of infection.....just misery.

Waaaah! I want to feel better!!!:mad:
You need a doctor, or maybe so other kind of medical attention. Maybe try CVS or Walgreen's clinics; they have nurse practitioners. It's cheaper than a doctor; and they can write prescriptions. Good luck.

There's not much you can take if you already took nyquil (it contains ingredients that a lot of other medications have -- pain releiver, decongestant, antihistamine, etc.)

I recommend a nice hot shower or bath and also sit in the bathroom for a while (the nice steam will help relieve that congestion). Drink some hot tea (decaf or herbal). A hot moist towel over your nose/cheekbones (you can also try cold) can help your sinuses feel better. (heat it up or stick it back in teh freezer frequently to get that nice cold/hot pain relieving effect!) If it gets close to time to take more nyquil, you could consider just taking a dose (or dose and a half) of benadryl (this is one of the active ingredients in nyquil and it's what makes you nice & sleepy!) instead.

You can also try a saline nasal spray. There are some nasal sprays with medication in them (i.e. afrin) that are AMAZING for decongesting you, but they cause a rebound effect, so only use them if you're going to use them infrequently (and follow the label).

Good luck -- you may have to wait it out and lie on the couch and watch tv or something & drink that nice hot tea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter