What shops would you like to open in your town?

Do restaurants count? If so, then I'd love a Culver's and Bojangles. In terms of a shop, I want an L.L. Bean. I love their plaid shirts and hoodies and I'd love to be able to try them on before buying them.

Spatula City, of course!

giphy.gif

EducatedHopefulArrowworm-size_restricted.gif

We have an Aldi's and a Bed, Bath & Beyond a couple of towns over that I wish were here.

I'd also love a casual clothing store, something like Old Navy.

My primary town is one of those cute historic towns that often makes "best towns to live in/visit" lists. So nothing there.

But, we have a seasonal home outside a small town that has seen better days- many of the supporting industries moved overseas. The town and the existing merchants try very hard.... beautiful planters, seasonal decorations and lots of planned activities and festivals but it seems like every time things start to improve (new cafes/restaurants, new shops), a recession hits and many of them close. Lots of empty stores on Main Street.

I'd love to open a coffee/tea shop with muffins at breakfast, cookies and cupcakes in the afternoon, and maybe a rotating menu of 1-2 soups and 2-3 sandwiches daily. Maybe an area for a book exchange and a space for bookclubs to meet. Obviously those things don't have a high margin so I'd have to have very cheap rent. I'd love to do it as a co-op to provide training, jobs and profit sharing to townspeople.

I just wish Loft would come back. They closed their Canadian stores last year 😞 and their pants in Petite sizes fit me the best. Still trying to find a suitable replacement as shipping costs are crazy.

I'll take a World of Disney please! 🤣 Also, Nintendo NY wouldn't be bad - just move it here in whole. Times Square doesn't need it. 😁

So, in the world of reality, I'd take a MicroCenter or somesuch - there isn't anything good like that around here. I might have said Fry's Electronics, but they shut down. If it's a restaurant, I'll take In-N-Out Burger, though if we got one I may die of a heart attack! 🍔

Do restaurants count? If so, then I'd love a Culver's and Bojangles. In terms of a shop, I want an L.L. Bean. I love their plaid shirts and hoodies and I'd love to be able to try them on before buying them.
I second that! Would love a Bojangles or Culver's in Seattle. You would think for being one of the major cities the food selections would be a bit better.

None. I'm close enough to Pittsburgh and it's surrounding areas to shop. I have Cranberry township in my county, which is more an extension of Pittsburgh than a part of our county's city. It's an absolute mess down there with traffic and build up.

When my parents moved up here in 1980, they looked at a house in Cranberry. It was nothing but farmland. Now it's a mess with people and traffic and they seem to be wanting to create that in what use to be a small town here.

I can't get back out into the country fast enough. It's driving me insane being in this mess.

Dude we have Dicks. The all time best burger on the planet earth.... :)
I tried them when I first came out here about a year ago lol..maybe was just who was working but was not appealing. Tried Kid Valley about the same boat 😂 I want to find some classic Orange Chicken like they sell at the food courts so far that has been a Negative.

:( Unfortunately, this is all hypothetical but I would LOVE both a Sears and a Zellers (chains now defunct in Canada) and a JC Penny and Macy's (neither of these chains have locations in Canada). I would also like to resurrect Payless Shoes.

I'd love to open a coffee/tea shop with muffins at breakfast, cookies and cupcakes in the afternoon, and maybe a rotating menu of 1-2 soups and 2-3 sandwiches daily. Maybe an area for a book exchange and a space for bookclubs to meet. Obviously those things don't have a high margin so I'd have to have very cheap rent. I'd love to do it as a co-op to provide training, jobs and profit sharing to townspeople.

We have a really cool coffee shop a lot like that near me. They are 1/3 coffee shop with some sandwiches, 1/3 bicycle repair shop with some small accessories for sale, and 1/3 a used book store. I don't get there as often as I'd like since it is pretty out of the way for me but anytime I'm even remotely close I stop in to at the very least get a coffee.

I try to avoid chains and stick to locally owned places or smaller local chains so I'm fine with no new national "shops" coming in. The specific city I'm in has far too much traffic and concrete as it is. We avoid it and head to more walkable nearby suburbs instead.

For me it would be any business or restaurant that is local, supports the community, cares about and respects "all of their customers", and is not like a Walmart, Target, Starbucks and others with their tax abatements to build and one that takes, takes, takes and gives little in return.

*Anything.* I'll take anything. I live in one of those towns where you go through on the highway on your way to somewhere else. Very boring. The highlight of my life is going to the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter