What series are you streaming?

I loved Schitts Creek. It does have to grow on you though. I did not like the first few episodes, but I stuck with it. I am so glad I did, it gets better as you watch it and the characters develop. You actually start to like and sympathize with the characters who start out kind of unlikeable.
Thank you! I will give it another try. The first episode just seemed really empty to me. I understood they were setting up the circumstances and characters, etc., but I didn't even think it was funny. I shall try again and maybe I will start with a slightly later episode, since I know what's going on, sort of.

Currently:
Last season of Schitts Creek (Netflix )
Younger ( Amazon Prime)
Dodosolsollalaso ( Korean Drama on Netflix) I Love K dramas!
Just started Love and Anarchy on Netflix ( Swedish)

Recent watches that I loved:
The Queens Gambit
Emily in Paris
Record of Youth ( Korean)

Waiting for: The Crown 💕
Virgin River season 2

About half way thru season 2 of Graceland on Hulu. Working my thru Tale Spin on D+. Waiting till all the episodes of season 2 Mandolorian are available before I start on that.

Just caught up on Lucifer and rewatching The Last Kingdom.

Thank you! I will give it another try. The first episode just seemed really empty to me. I understood they were setting up the circumstances and characters, etc., but I didn't even think it was funny. I shall try again and maybe I will start with a slightly later episode, since I know what's going on, sort of.
Lots of really good one liners, mostly deadpan spit out my tea funny lines.

Lots of really good one liners, mostly deadpan spit out my tea funny lines.

Ew, David

Overall, I thought it was ok. It was a feel good show. The one liners stick with me more than anything. It did start off slow but then you become invested in the characters.

“Bebe” is the other good one. I love how Catherine O’Hara talked. Stevie was meh. I find my self saying “oh my god” a la David maybe too often. Favorite line: “I manned that front desk with the vigour of a wartime radio operator.”

Derry Girls is one of my favorite shows ever. I've watched it all twice and can't wait for the next season. "I'm a Derry Girl!"
Queens Gambit was excellent as well; we took it down in two days.
We're also enjoying The Undoing on HBO.
And Ted Lasso was fantastic.
Umm, do you notice something weird about the way Nicole Kidman looks? Her mouth? Her nose? I'm not exactly sure what it is but I actually find it pretty distracting. :confused3

Supernatural. I never watched more than a random episode. I have been watching it as I go to bed each night, so there are likely episodes I sleep thru, but I am up to Season 9.

I did Schitt's Creek, it was great. Sad to see it end.

I was discussing The Queen's Gambit with friends of mine on FB. One of them recommended Godless. Godless was made by the people who did The Queen's Gambit. Completely different genre, but oh, so good! We started that last night.

unfinished:
Mandalorian
Suits
The 100
Succession
Altered Carbon
Hanna
Upload
Killing Eve
Gilmore Girls/30 Rock/The Office/Parks and Recreation (constant comfort rotation)

really sad Billions didn't finish it's season yet

I'm really sad Altered Carbon isn't getting a third season. We binged two seasons in less than a week and I got super into it.

Could someone please explain the love for Schitt's Creek to me? I cannot get into the show and I've tried three times now--and I love both Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy. Should I keep watching? Should I skip ahead to episode 5 or something? Thank you!.

I started and stopped. Did not like it at all. As did my sister. But her son made her stick with it, and she did the same for me. (For reference, she pretty much sticks with HGTV and Austen/Bronte movies. Not usually comedy.) So I did, and it is now my favorite show of all time.

The first season sets the stage for how disconnected the family is, but it starts getting more tolerable (for me) towards the end of the season. There is some background that it helps to know going forward, so it is worth sticking with. By the end of the first season, it was decent. By the end of the second season, it was good. And then it just kept getting better and better. You don't realize it at first, but ultimately it is a story about love. Not just romantic love, but friendships and family and community.

I have not yet watched, but my dh started it and almost stopped. He kept going because he heard it got better, now he loves it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter