What other timeshare in Orlando has a point system like DVC?

HeatherPage

<font color=darkcoral>Proud mommy, wife and WDW fa
Or is there one? I am probably going to sell my DVC membership for various reasons soon but say in about a year or so, I might look into three options

1) Purchase (finance) a smaller (150 point) Saratoga Springs contract through Disney;

2) Buy a few really small DVC contracts (say 25 points at a time) with cash through resale; or

3) Look into another timeshare altogether in Orlando (resale) off of tug2.net (timeshare users group).

If I go with option 3, I really like the points system and not being locked into a certain week or unit size.

Can anyone recommend another timeshare company that works similar to DVC.

Thanks for any input!

P.S. Does anyone know roughly the average it takes for the DVC resorts to sell out. If I decided to repurchase in a year through Disney, I hope there will still be availability.

There are a few points-based timeshare programs with Orlando area resorts:

Hilton Grand Vacations Club - mostly Florida, plus Las Vegas, Hawaii, others, known for customer service. Beautiful Orlando resort near Sea World.

Fairfield Resorts - mostly resorts in the eastern U.S., known for wide variety of east coast resorts. They have 3 in the Orlando/Kissimmee area with a new one being built next door to Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort, scheduled to open later in 2004.

WorldMark the Club - mostly resorts in the western U.S., known for extensive western resort system and good customer service. They have taken over a resort on Int'l. Dr. in Orlando.

Bluegreen Resorts - mostly eastern U.S., expanding fairly swiftly lately. They have an Orlando property near Universal.

Sheraton/Starwood - a few in Florida, plus Atlantis, a couple others, just recently began a points program. Two Sheraton Vistana resorts in the LBV/Orlando area.

If you want to spend full weeks offsite in the Orlando area, remember that trading into the area is easy. With FF points, for example, it's easily possible to trade into a 2BR at an RCI Gold Crown by using a 28,000 (Fairfield) points trade. This is only about 1/6th the points needed to book a 2BR week directly at a FF resort in the area. I don't know about the other programs. But it's pretty easy to trade into Orlando/Kissimmee via RCI & II because of the very large number of nice resorts in the region.

To learn more about timesharing, consider reading TUG - Timeshare Users Group. HTH! :)

HeatherPage, I am sorry that you have the desire/need to sell. :(
If you leave the DVC family, I wish you the best!
Remember, there is always the option of renting for the short term...

Good luck... :cool:

Thanks everyone.
MG, hopefully it won't be a permanent thing, but I could pay off a good amount of a large loan that is kind of holding us back and maybe move up to a larger house if we sell right now, which is what we really want right now. Our son is only 2 so we have plenty of time to think about Disney vacations. :)

Not sure how many points you have to get rid of, but a smaller contract through Disney right now with a sale of your larger contract might be a good idea. I would not reccomend the several small contracts through resale, since there will be closing costs each time, and that will be excessive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter