What is your signature dish?

Meatloaf. It's bizarre to me but my family and any friends who have had it love it. I learned to make it when I was 6 from a cookbook that belonged to my mom. She got it back in 1954. I've been making it since 1980. Although I didn't make it regularly for anyone until the 90s. Funny thing is today I asked my 20 year old if there was anything he was craving since I make a weekly mealplan. He asked for meatloaf.
Would you mind sharing your recipe? I am looking for a good meatloaf recipe. I love my grandmother’s, but my family does not. ☹️

I don’t think I have one, I rarely make the same meal twice in a month. Chicken tikka masala is a big hit with the kids.
Something along this line for me, too. I don't consider any specific thing to be my specialty but I guess different people have their own favorites that I make. My DH loves my beef stroganoff and pies and DS would say it's the mashed turnips and sweet potatoes pan-fried with butter and brown sugar; both of which I serve with holiday turkey dinners.

Mostaciolli
Meatloaf
Scalloped potatoes

At my house, good for 2 days. For family dinners, lucky to have lunch leftovers. Everything I learned about cooking was from a Betty Crocker cookbook from 1970

Would you mind sharing your recipe? I am looking for a good meatloaf recipe. I love my grandmother’s, but my family does not. ☹️
Yes but just so you know it's very basic. But still it is my most requested dish and I'm a good cook. My family might be weird. From Betty Crocker children's cookbook, 1954.

Meatloaf
Preheat oven to 350 °F
2 eggs
3/4 c milk
1/2 c bread crumbs
1/2 c chopped onion
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sage
2 tbsp parsley
1-1/2 lbs ground beef

Sauce:
1/2 c catsup
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp mustard

Mix meatloaf ingredients in bowl, place and shape on cookie sheet. Bake for 45 minutes. While cooking mix sauce ingredients, remove meatloaf from oven after 45 minutes, scrape off fat if you want, I always do. Brush sauce on top, put back in oven for 10 more minutes. Sometimes I'll broil for a minute or two to get a crunch. I usually double this recipe. You can use whatever ground beef you have. I've used a meatloaf mix from the grocery store, or done half beef/half ground turkey. Pretty much whatever ground meat I have in the freezer. Good luck.

Yes but just so you know it's very basic. But still it is my most requested dish and I'm a good cook. My family might be weird. From Betty Crocker children's cookbook, 1954.

Meatloaf
Preheat oven to 350 °F
2 eggs
3/4 c milk
1/2 c bread crumbs
1/2 c chopped onion
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sage
2 tbsp parsley
1-1/2 lbs ground beef

Sauce:
1/2 c catsup
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp mustard

Mix meatloaf ingredients in bowl, place and shape on cookie sheet. Bake for 45 minutes. While cooking mix sauce ingredients, remove meatloaf from oven after 45 minutes, scrape off fat if you want, I always do. Brush sauce on top, put back in oven for 10 more minutes. Sometimes I'll broil for a minute or two to get a crunch. I usually double this recipe. You can use whatever ground beef you have. I've used a meatloaf mix from the grocery store, or done half beef/half ground turkey. Pretty much whatever ground meat I have in the freezer. Good luck.
Thank you! I am going to try it—sounds good.

I'm not sure it's my signature dish, but my most requested and most frequently made big company meal is a Korean BBQ spread. I'm not Korean, but we all love it. I was a Korean language voice interceptor in the army in my youth, and developed a huge appreciation for Korean food, including bbq, during language school and being stationed in Korea.

Generally I make 2 meat dishes (out of beef bulgogi, LA Kalbi, spicy bbq pork, and spicy bbq chicken) with japchae and rice to go with it. Then 4-10 side dishes (choices are things like kimchi, radish kimchi, cucumber side dish, potato side dish, dried squid side dish, candied anchovies, soy or mung bean side dish, spinach side dish, Japanese potato salad, braised lotus root, etc etc--I try to mix it up.) Occasionally I'll throw some fried dumplings in as well, but not usually.

I'm not sure it's my signature dish, but my most requested and most frequently made big company meal is a Korean BBQ spread. I'm not Korean, but we all love it. I was a Korean language voice interceptor in the army in my youth, and developed a huge appreciation for Korean food, including bbq, during language school and being stationed in Korea.

Generally I make 2 meat dishes (out of beef bulgogi, LA Kalbi, spicy bbq pork, and spicy bbq chicken) with japchae and rice to go with it. Then 4-10 side dishes (choices are things like kimchi, radish kimchi, cucumber side dish, potato side dish, dried squid side dish, candied anchovies, soy or mung bean side dish, spinach side dish, Japanese potato salad, braised lotus root, etc etc--I try to mix it up.) Occasionally I'll throw some fried dumplings in as well, but not usually.
My goal is life is to get better at making dumplings. My daughter is excellent at making them and she has tried to show me but I suck at them. I am a good cook but they are my nemesis.

I'd love your bulgogi recipe.

These are the favorites that my family request.

Pot roast
Mashed potatoes
Chicken basil pasta
Roast chicken, Ina Garten’s recipe
Enchilada pie
Cinnamon rolls
chocolate chip cookies, Magnolia recipe

Crawfish ettoufee
BBQ shrimp ( does not involve a grill)
paneed veal

I make the first the most

Meatloaf
Mac and Cheese
Honey Mustard Chicken
Pignoli cookies
A friend used to have a business making pignoli cookies, bakeries here make great ones but they’re SO expensive. I should try and make them, so delicious plus my daughter with celiac loves them.

It's the chorizo and chickpea soup I posted in the soup thread. I made it again just yesterday.

According to my kids, they are:
snickerdoodles
tres leches cake
bread pudding with bourbon sauce
pineapple upside-down cake
sausage soup
Thanksgiving stuffing
Frito casserole
pot roast (requires a 7-quart dutch oven)
pasta carbonara
spaghetti and homemade meatballs
applesauce
veggie and ground beef tacos
Do you happen to have a recipe or method you prefer for pasta carbonara? I like it as a meal out, but haven't made it at home and would like to give a tried and true recipe a try. TIA!

Bacon wrapped barbecue meatloaf
Baked mac n cheese
Chili
Sauce
Meatballs
Chicken/Turkey cutlets
Sausage and Peppers
These are things asked for a lot in my house

Meatloaf
Preheat oven to 350 °F
2 eggs
3/4 c milk
1/2 c bread crumbs
1/2 c chopped onion
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sage
2 tbsp parsley
1-1/2 lbs ground beef

Sauce:
1/2 c catsup
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp mustard

Happy to get a good basic meatloaf. I can’t seem to make a good one so I’m happy you posted this.

Happy to get a good basic meatloaf. I can’t seem to make a good one so I’m happy you posted this.
Funny thing is through the years I've tried to make fancy meatloafs wrapped in bacon or with different sauces. My family hates them all. It's just so basic but with a side of veggies and potatoes it's comfy food. I hope you enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter