What is your Disney shameful secret?

I think Peter Pan's Flight is pretty mediocre.
Yes!!!
I love going to Disney World, but I don't EVER need Disney clothing, purses, house decor, luggage, etc. And I was never a huge fan of Mickey cartoons and such.
The only thing we ever buy is a refrigerator magnet. That's it. They only Disney things we have in the house are toys for my girls.

I won’t buy the typical Dooney & Bourke bags or the housefly? Shoe fly? ones… But if Disney ever does a collaboration with Travelon, they will obtain all of my money. I’ll get a loan to buy it. I’ll take two of every movie theme they come up with.

Last edited:
1. Loungefly backpacks are fugly. Why would anyone spend money on these?!
2. Most Disney food is mediocre. I don't get too jazzed for it on way or another.
3. Disney meant well with the FastPass System, and Genie might be an improvement. But they have a bad habit of over-engineering absolutely every thing in their parks.

I also am a Disney fanatic who really does not care about Mickey/characters/merch/etc. I went to the parks with my family a handful of times as a kid and have really, really great memories. Of course, grew up on the movies. Everything Disney does in their parks is so profoundly experiential that it keeps that magic alive for me when I visit as an adult. No one does the immersive, detail-driven work in theme parks better than Disney, IMO.

Somebody needed to tell the Disney execs that no matter how much money Star Wars might make for the company, they should never have bought it. Star Wars is soooooo NOT Disney.

(Even though I love the original movie.)
Oh I am here for this. Star Wars is not Disney. Muppets are not Disney. Marvel is not Disney.

I mean, I don't actually mind that they have some Muppets and Star Wars in HS, because you could argue MGM is not Disney, either, but that was there. But I hate when someone says something like "Star Wars is my favorite Disney movie"...UGH! And I remember seeing some Darth Vader stuff at the Emporium on Main Street a few years ago: inappropriate!

Having said all that, I don't really care if "The Walt Disney Corp." bought Lucasfilm, etc. It just is not "Disney".

1. Loungefly backpacks are fugly. Why would anyone spend money on these?!
2. Most Disney food is mediocre. I don't get too jazzed for it on way or another.
3. Disney meant well with the FastPass System, and Genie might be an improvement. But they have a bad habit of over-engineering absolutely every thing in their parks.
YES, YES absolutely agreed! Even the better dinners are not that exciting for us, so we stick with typical counter-service and just enjoy the usual Mickey waffles and chicken tenders. Saves money, too.

We don't do table service (that's not just at WDW, we like to eat in pyjamas) so I've never been to Ohana, Be Our Guest, Topolino, Le Cellier.... and I don't feel like I'm missing out.

I don't care for Belle, and I'm tired of the countless BATB Loungefly bags. It's overkill at this point.

I hated Avatar, and I think the Pandora area of AK (while done very well) would be a better fit at Universal. It just doesn't feel like Disney to me.

i think lion king and beauty and the beast are over-rated
the cheshire cat terrifies me
went to the enchanted tiki room once 3 years ago and hated it
i've never been on dumbo, though i want to just to say i've been on it
i dont really care for parades, but i love the cavalcades
i don't get the appeal of staying at the grand floridian, the whole resort just looks tacky to me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter