What happend to your luggage if your flight lands after 10pm?

Is it different then if you were flying anywhere else? I've never done it so honestly asking not being a smart behind. Maybe different transportation from baggage claim? Does uber leave from there? Would be worth it to me to pay if it meant a straight shot and less lugging of the kids. I'm assuming you have stroller for one year old?

I've never done it either - lol. Not different than flying anywhere else. The children are not mine, they are my grandchildren. They have not flown before and I've never flown with children that young. Mom is not a good flyer, Dad refuses to fly so I'm not sure how the children will do. My concern was trying to finagle two tired/sleepy children, two tired adults, a car seat, stroller, and at least three suitcases from baggage claim up the escalator, across the airport, back downstairs to ME. Most airports you walk out of baggage claim to a rental agency or taxi - not across the airport to get a bus, at least in my experience.

I appreciate your input. Thanks!!!

I've never done it either - lol. Not different than flying anywhere else. The children are not mine, they are my grandchildren. They have not flown before and I've never flown with children that young. Mom is not a good flyer, Dad refuses to fly so I'm not sure how the children will do. My concern was trying to finagle two tired/sleepy children, two tired adults, a car seat, stroller, and at least three suitcases from baggage claim up the escalator, across the airport, back downstairs to ME. Most airports you walk out of baggage claim to a rental agency or taxi - not across the airport to get a bus, at least in my experience.

I appreciate your input. Thanks!!!

I get ya. I remember when I flew for the first time with my two year old (now 16) I parked the car in the cheap lot. Then didn't know how to get my large luggage (old style rollers) and her in her stroller to the ride share. Then couldn't figure out how to get my luggage on. Do I leave her outside of bus or do I put her on bus and hen leave her to go get luggage? Ugh it was a mess. The next time I went home from atl to Houston I just drove it (16 hours) that is how annoying it was.

Yeah the walking out of baggage claim and getting an uber is probably what I would do. Lol.

I would plan on picking it up.

I had a similar situation last year and didn't even bother asking to see what there official cut off tag was. While I had my luggage at about 9:45 and probably would have been fine, it was much easier having the piece of mind that I had what I needed.

Thanks KrazeeK120!!! It was going to be grandma, mom, and two young children with a car seat, stroller, and at least three suitcases. As you mentioned each of us carrying a child and lugging all the paraphernalia through the airport late in the evening after working a full day and a flight with two children who have not flown would not be easy.

Apparently Bumbershoot is more capable than I am and can manage all of that easily. She is a better woman than I.

May I ask why the car seat? You won't be using it at WDW unless you plan on renting a car (and then the whole MDE discussion is irrelevant).

May I ask why the car seat? You won't be using it at WDW unless you plan on renting a car (and then the whole MDE discussion is irrelevant).

Good question, the original plan was that the kids' Dad was driving down with other members of his family. He would meet us at the hotel. He would not have room to drive down with it since there would be four of them plus luggage in the car. Also the airline recommends using a car seat for toddlers - they are used to the car seat so it makes for a better flight for young children. DD bought a seat for the one year old on the flight, easier to have her in the car seat on the plane.

Last edited:
Good question, the original plan was that the kids' Dad was driving down with other members of his family. He would meet us at the hotel. He would not have room to drive down with it since there would be four of them plus luggage in the car. Also the airline recommends using a car seat for toddlers - they are used to the car seat so it makes for a better flight for young children. DD bought a seat for the one year old on the flight, easier to have her in the car seat on the plane.

Ah, that makes sense. I agree that it is easier to have them in their car seat on the plane. Just, one word of advice. There should be a sticker on the seat saying that it is FAA approved. Know where the sticker is before you board, There is a good chance that the FA will insist on seeing it. If it does not have a sticker, you won't be able to use it inflight.

When you arrive at the airport doesn't signify when it comes to when your bags will arrive. Disney aims to have your bags to you 3-4 hours after you arrive at the resort. If your flight lands at 8:15 I'd guestimate you would arrive to your resort around 10. So it would be 1 am or later by the time your bags get to your resort.

it is always a good idea to pack whatever you need for your first 24 hours in your carry-on. And if you do that you can tell the front desk to hold your checked bags, so they don't knock and wake you up. When you get up in the morning all you have to do is call down and they will bring your bags to you.
I posted on this some time ago. I will NEVER use the luggage tags when we get in after 6:00. That is my evening cut off time. We had a bad experience back in Oct. and so I learned my lesson. Either don't use the tags or do a carry on for everything you might need that first night and have the luggage held at the resort and get it the next morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter