What happend to your luggage if your flight lands after 10pm?

FWIW DME told us that the plane has to "touch down" by 10:00 PM not arrive at the Gate by 10:00 PM.:)
We stopped by the DME desk at OIA on our recent trip and inquired if there had been a change in the "cutoff" time and were told no-it is still the same,"Wheels down" by 10:00 PM-not arrival at Gate by 10:00 PM.:)

We know one of the Disney baggage handlers and he says that they "punch out" at 10pm so any yellow tagged luggage entering the terminal after this will just go with the rest of the luggage up to the baggage carousel.
If you are arriving close to 10pm, your luggage is likely going to end up going round and round on the baggage carousel if you don't pick it up (or someone else doesn't take it)
I can't imagine that they all clock out right at 10. It would make no sense. If a flight lands at 945, there's a good chance the luggage isn't getting to the carousel until after 10 and then they still have to take it it to wherever they take it. If they all actually clocked out at 10, Disney would have to say any flight after 9/930, would have to get their luggage and that just isn't the case.

Pick it up! We arrived about 8pm one night and luggage was not received at AoA resort until the following morning!

If they all actually clocked out at 10, Disney would have to say any flight after 9/930, would have to get their luggage and that just isn't the case.
Agree-we were told by the DME Cast Members at the OIA DME Desk that it is definitely "Wheels down" on the OIA runway by 10:00 PM.:)

Pick it up! We arrived about 8pm one night and luggage was not received at AoA resort until the following morning!
Unless you are like us and have everything we need in our carry-on and don't mind waiting until the next morning for checked.:)

So I have an 8:15pm flight and will be staying at ASMovies. My luggage, if I tag it, won't arrive at the resort until 1am or after?!

I would get your luggage when you arrive. We arrived between 8 and 8:30 last Oct. and our bags didn't show up until between 1:00 and 2:00 a.m. NOT FUN. I thought for sure they would arrive by 11:30. So from now on....I will ALWAYS grab my bags and take them on the bus.
Luggage should be expected in your room (unless you advise Bell Services* otherwise) up to three hours after you arrive at your resort, not within three hours of landing.
So I have an 8:15pm flight and will be staying at ASMovies. My luggage, if I tag it, won't arrive at the resort until 1am or after?!
Potentially, yes. Options:
  • Pack what you need for the first 24-48 hours in your carry on
  • Advise Bell Services to please hold your luggage until morning
  • Place the Privacy Please card in the lock slot
Or:
  • Don't tag your luggage
  • Pick it up from the carousel and bring it to the bus
  • Keep in mind it's appropriate to tip anyone who handles your luggage (except Bell Services CMs who deliver the DME truck transported luggage)
*Luggage Assistance at the Value resorts

I called DME and was told "I don't know..you could always go to baggage claim and see if your bags show up."

Sound advice.

And I know your post was from June. :)

Our flight is scheduled to land at 10:05. I was told that we had to pick up our own bags. That means we have to carry a tired 5 year old and 1 year old down to baggage claim then carry two tired kids plus all our baggage back upstairs, across the concourse, back down to ME and wait for a bus. Sounds like a blast :( I asked if ME would just hold our luggage until the next day and was told no - it would keep going around the belt at baggage claim. If no one took it, the bags would go to lost baggage. Wish they had better options, especially for families with young children. If I was not on the same flight there is no way my daughter could manage two kids and luggage by herself - it's going to be difficult enough with two adults.

We actually considered paying for a town car that would pick us up at baggage claim. That would be so much easier.

Add a bit to your tip envelope and hire a porter at the baggage claim area. They get the bags, put them on a big cart, you sleepily follow them to dme, they wait for you and hand off luggage to the driver. Tip them, tip the driver, tip the Bell person who helps you get to your room.

Possibly. Always keep 24 hours worth of stuff in carryons, have Bell hold your bags untilorning, and you're good.

So for those of you who say you get your bags yourself at baggage claim, do you just leave the MDE tags off your luggage?

If it lands after 10 your bags are going to the carousel no matter what. Tags on or off.

Our flight is scheduled to land at 10:05. I was told that we had to pick up our own bags. That means we have to carry a tired 5 year old and 1 year old down to baggage claim then carry two tired kids plus all our baggage back upstairs, across the concourse, back down to ME and wait for a bus. Sounds like a blast :( I asked if ME would just hold our luggage until the next day and was told no - it would keep going around the belt at baggage claim. If no one took it, the bags would go to lost baggage. Wish they had better options, especially for families with young children. If I was not on the same flight there is no way my daughter could manage two kids and luggage by herself - it's going to be difficult enough with two adults.

We actually considered paying for a town car that would pick us up at baggage claim. That would be so much easier.

Is it different then if you were flying anywhere else? I've never done it so honestly asking not being a smart behind. Maybe different transportation from baggage claim? Does uber leave from there? Would be worth it to me to pay if it meant a straight shot and less lugging of the kids. I'm assuming you have stroller for one year old?

When you arrive at the airport doesn't signify when it comes to when your bags will arrive. Disney aims to have your bags to you 3-4 hours after you arrive at the resort. If your flight lands at 8:15 I'd guestimate you would arrive to your resort around 10. So it would be 1 am or later by the time your bags get to your resort.

it is always a good idea to pack whatever you need for your first 24 hours in your carry-on. And if you do that you can tell the front desk to hold your checked bags, so they don't knock and wake you up. When you get up in the morning all you have to do is call down and they will bring your bags to you.

Some PPs are suggesting that people get a porter to help them.

Just wondered where you are seeing porters at Orlando airport.

Now granted, I've never been looking for one because I have a towncar pick me up and help with the luggage. But I've never noticed a porter anywhere. So you might want to mention where to find them, in case anybody thinks it's a good idea.

Our flight is scheduled to land at 10:05. I was told that we had to pick up our own bags. That means we have to carry a tired 5 year old and 1 year old down to baggage claim then carry two tired kids plus all our baggage back upstairs, across the concourse, back down to ME and wait for a bus.

Gate checking a stroller wouldn't work? That wouldn't solve all of your problems, but might make things a little easier. (Or maybe not.)

Now granted, I've never been looking for one because I have a towncar pick me up and help with the luggage. But I've never noticed a porter anywhere. So you might want to mention where to find them, in case anybody thinks it's a good idea.

All over the baggage claim area. They hang out with their huge carts.

All over by baggage claim. If you look you can't miss them.

Thanks to those who made helpful suggestions. DD decided not to bring the 1 year old so the situation should be easier. As of now, there will be two adults and a 5 year old. The 5 year old can go in the stroller and sleep - haha, sure she will be too excited to sleep.

I've never flown with toddlers so appreciate the tips. My youngest was 5 the first time we all flew together, older sister was 8. We also switched hotels from ASMo to Sports so hopefully we will be an earlier bus stop.

Thanks to those who made helpful suggestions. DD decided not to bring the 1 year old so the situation should be easier. As of now, there will be two adults and a 5 year old. The 5 year old can go in the stroller and sleep - haha, sure she will be too excited to sleep.

I've never flown with toddlers so appreciate the tips. My youngest was 5 the first time we all flew together, older sister was 8. We also switched hotels from ASMo to Sports so hopefully we will be an earlier bus stop.

Two adults and two kids didn't sound difficult to me, fwiw. Leaving the baby at home sounds harder in my world!

The one year old could have been worn in an Ergo with the older in a stroller and you're easily mobile.

Switching hotels, earlier bus stops? I don't know what you mean.

Two adults and two kids didn't sound difficult to me, fwiw. Leaving the baby at home sounds harder in my world!

The one year old could have been worn in an Ergo with the older in a stroller and you're easily mobile.

Switching hotels, earlier bus stops? I don't know what you mean.

The mom will likely be tired at 10 pm as well...I wouldn't want to strap 30 lbs to my back and try to walk through the airport at that hour. I'd be way too tired for that!

But, since the 1 year old is being left at home, they don't need to worry about it.

Thanks KrazeeK120!!! It was going to be grandma, mom, and two young children with a car seat, stroller, and at least three suitcases. As you mentioned each of us carrying a child and lugging all the paraphernalia through the airport late in the evening after working a full day and a flight with two children who have not flown would not be easy.

Apparently Bumbershoot is more capable than I am and can manage all of that easily. She is a better woman than I.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!