What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? With other great tips for your sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, let's get back to the real purpose of this thread:

Does anyone know where I can find a download of the font for the Pirates of the Caribbean? pirate: I have looked at some of the sources mentioned here, but have yet to find it. :confused3

I have a pirates of the Caribbean inspired door sign and I found all my images by doing a google image search. I found a pic of a disney pin of Mickey as a pirate, I found lots and lots of artist work of the movie images, but I went further by having some neat antique stuff in it with pirate ships and scrolls and maps - no copyright infringement in mine. Let your imagination go wild if this is the type of sign you want - mine looks really really cool. I love it.

I don't know what program you are using to create your signs but in PrintShop, there is a font called 'Bavand' that works nicely for a pirate theme. Fonts are funny...they can have different names on different programs. Good luck!

Wow - Now I am feeling like I might be one of the copiers and don't even know it! Hope I am not, and if I am, I am truly sorry if I offended you. I try and take little ideas from everyone, and then make my own -

If you are a scrapbooker, then you know this is called "scraplifting" and it is quite common and accepted - Most are really honored when others like their ideas. The only time it gets ugly is when someone has "scraplifted", then submits it to a magazine to be published and get $$$ for it.

Karen

jsut booked my first cruise do I need to make one of these signes going during halloween??Help me out please.. :guilty:

kritter said:
jsut booked my first cruise do I need to make one of these signes going during halloween??Help me out please.. :guilty:

If you have the time to look through this thread from the start, I am sure you will get an idea of what you want and the sites you can get to to help you.

If after that you can't find anything, then come back and let us know.

There have been lots of sites listed that can help you a great deal.

kritter said:

If you would like to work off this idea, feel free to do so, I made this design for some DIS'ers that was on the Magic for the Halloween 2003 Cruise.

KaitlinsMom said:
If you are a scrapbooker, then you know this is called "scraplifting" and it is quite common and accepted - Most are really honored when others like their ideas. The only time it gets ugly is when someone has "scraplifted", then submits it to a magazine to be published and get $$$ for it.Karen

O.K., so, if some one copies some one's sign exactly, should we call it...mag door signlifting? :rotfl: Please all, see the humor in that.

Sadly, b/c of recent events, I can see posters removing the pics of their door signs. I suggest, in humor of course, if you want to post your mag door signs, do what E-bay sellers do and put your name written across the picture so that it would be difficult for some one to copy the picture. Just a weird suggestion.

And to KRITTER, I agree, click Verandah Man's link to Halloween 2003 and then comb through this thread to find font links, img links, etc. to get ideas for your door. And again, as krdisneybound said,
If after that you can't find anything, then come back and let us know.
Have fun creating your sign!

Drink caffine, make sure your computer is ready for major downloading, make sure your printer has all the necessary ink colors, and get ready for one of the funest times of your creating history. Download, Create, and print away all! Cheers!

Thought I was done, but I have to ask, is any one else working on a banner?

Momeska said:
I don't know what program you are using to create your signs but in PrintShop, there is a font called 'Bavand' that works nicely for a pirate theme. Fonts are funny...they can have different names on different programs. Good luck!
I am using Microsoft publisher to do my signs. I may play around with it some more, but I did see some of the pirate night signs on here had a great font, and I didn't know if it was a download, or something already in the program. Thanks for the info!

castlegazer said:
I have a pirates of the Caribbean inspired door sign and I found all my images by doing a google image search. I found a pic of a disney pin of Mickey as a pirate, I found lots and lots of artist work of the movie images, but I went further by having some neat antique stuff in it with pirate ships and scrolls and maps - no copyright infringement in mine. Let your imagination go wild if this is the type of sign you want - mine looks really really cool. I love it.
Castlegazer, have you posted a pic of your sign? I have found a lot of images, but I would love to see yours since it sounds so neat. And, I promise not to "copy" it! ;)

Okay, this may be a totally dumb question :sad2: , and I admit I haven't read through the entire thread, but why are we all making signs for our doors? I just don't understand. :confused3

krsndisney -- thanks for your reply to my question

in light of all the sidetrack discussion today - i think i'll ask again for any others that may have info for me :)

does anyone have; or have seen; clipart of any character, Micker preferred, flying an airplane. krsndisney was kind enough to suggest scanning a pic, but i don't have anything that i can think of

TIA

Disneynut4ever said:
Okay, this may be a totally dumb question :sad2: , and I admit I haven't read through the entire thread, but why are we all making signs for our doors? I just don't understand. :confused3

O.k., even I don't want to drudge through the thread to find an answer already typed. Door signs are a way for you to find your stateroom a little quicker. All the doors are steel and painted a bright white. Been in a hotel where all the doors look alike except the room numbers? Same theroy on the ship. Some DISers decorate w/ the lime green mickey heads (paint samples from Home Depot only) so other DISers can know where they are. I don't think any of us are looking for recognition from any one as we proudly display our door signs. In essence, its a fun and creative way to decorate your cabin door.

taeja71 said:
Door signs are a way for you to find your stateroom a little quicker. All the doors are steel and painted a bright white.

In essence, its a fun and creative way to decorate your cabin door.

Thanks! Now I understand. Maybe I'll try to make one for our cruise in Dec.

ohMom said:
krsndisney -- thanks for your reply to my question

in light of all the sidetrack discussion today - i think i'll ask again for any others that may have info for me :)

does anyone have; or have seen; clipart of any character, Micker preferred, flying an airplane. krsndisney was kind enough to suggest scanning a pic, but i don't have anything that i can think of

TIA

Not sure if this will help, but I did see two clip art pictures with Mickey in an airplane on this site, you might want to check it out: http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Resort/4382/mickey.html

If this works, I think you can scroll down to the "Ds" for Disney and come up with several clipart sites with lots of Disney stuff.

http://www.ugamedia.com/links/clipart.html

Grits

TiggerKing said:
Okay, let's get back to the real purpose of this thread:

Does anyone know where I can find a download of the font for the Pirates of the Caribbean? pirate: I have looked at some of the sources mentioned here, but have yet to find it. :confused3
This site has the Pirates of the Caribbean font. http://www.disneyexperience.com/fonts.htm

ohMom said:

TIA
I have seen a cute picture of Mickey flying a plane, but I can't remember where. I'm looking for it and will post if I find it. I did find these though.
007294.jpg

paintedplane.jpg

bmgd709.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!