What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? With other great tips for your sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
krdisneybound said:
The man did it again

Thanks, Andy - I had no idea where your banner was

U 'da man - for sure

LOL!!! I think I found it back around page 9 or 10. :goodvibes

timswoman said, I was thinking about something doing something outside of our 4 rooms. Any Ideas?

I'm thinking for fluidity you might want to have your banner posted above the four doors. However, I don't know the depth from the top of the ceiling to the top of the stateroom door (((does any one know? feel free to answer))). If there is any way to suspend the banner a little bit away from the stateroom door that might help too and that will probably take more work to keep the banner straight and flat. I'm thinking of, if the banner is outside in the hallway and some one opens the door the banner get caught. Make sense? I love the idea of sections of banner going across all four doors at eye level, but w/ the stateroom door gaps I don't know how fluid your banner would look. The doors are not flush to the walls.

For creating your banner, think about what characters you like or your fellow cruisers like. If you don't know, think about which characters match whose personality? Me, I am an Eeyore for sure and my son is a pirate. Think about what you would like to see on your sign and then look for the pics. Which cruise are you going on? Are you Double dipping like VMan? Are you celebrating a birthday/ anniversary/ a big event? Think about the tropics since you are either taking a Eastern or Western Carrib. trip. Look for palm trees, parrots, coconuts, hammocks, leis, hibiscus flowers, or sunsets. I hope these ideas will inspire you for your banner. I'm having a creative flash right now. Too bad I'm not creating my signs or banners right now. You know what would be cute too? To make the door appear more 3-d you could get those hawaiian or vacation looking decorations. I've seen half flamingos and fish at the party store. Do you know what I'm posting about? They're wall or door decoration w/ the tissue paper bodies, but the head and rest of the body is 1-D or would it be 2-D??? Any way, that would be really cute too to add or make part of your creation!

Have a fantastic time creating your banner! :cheer2:

timswoman said:
Thanks Andy. You did a great job. This is what I needed to see. I think I can do it!!!

I was thinking about something doing something outside of our 4 rooms. Any Ideas?
When we cruised with 4 cabins (in a row), not all the doors were in the same section of hallway. There would have be no way to put a banner over the 4 doors. I'm not exactly sure how to explain this.

Verandah Man said:
Actually, I'm hanging my banner inside our cabin, and putting magnetic door signs on the outside of our cabin door.

:earseek: I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see the stateroom attendants face when he/she sees your banner. :earseek: I know the staff is going to love it. Umm, I don't think I want to be a fly on the wall b/c I'd get killed....no thanks. Is that worth a chuckle?

I'm bumping this question up before it gets lost in the thread pages. ---> cruisedis05 said, Does anyone know about the doors at POR? We are doing the land/sea and I wanted to also make something for our land part.

taeja71 said:
I'm thinking for fluidity you might want to have your banner posted above the four doors. However, I don't know the depth from the top of the ceiling to the top of the stateroom door (((does any one know? feel free to answer))). If there is any way to suspend the banner a little bit away from the stateroom door that might help too and that will probably take more work to keep the banner straight and flat. I'm thinking of, if the banner is outside in the hallway and some one opens the door the banner get caught. Make sense? I love the idea of sections of banner going across all four doors at eye level, but w/ the stateroom door gaps I don't know how fluid your banner would look. The doors are not flush to the walls.

For creating your banner, think about what characters you like or your fellow cruisers like. If you don't know, think about which characters match whose personality? Me, I am an Eeyore for sure and my son is a pirate. Think about what you would like to see on your sign and then look for the pics. Which cruise are you going on? Are you Double dipping like VMan? Are you celebrating a birthday/ anniversary/ a big event? Think about the tropics since you are either taking a Eastern or Western Carrib. trip. Look for palm trees, parrots, coconuts, hammocks, leis, hibiscus flowers, or sunsets. I hope these ideas will inspire you for your banner. I'm having a creative flash right now. Too bad I'm not creating my signs or banners right now. You know what would be cute too? To make the door appear more 3-d you could get those hawaiian or vacation looking decorations. I've seen half flamingos and fish at the party store. Do you know what I'm posting about? They're wall or door decoration w/ the tissue paper bodies, but the head and rest of the body is 1-D or would it be 2-D??? Any way, that would be really cute too to add or make part of your creation!

Have a fantastic time creating your banner! :cheer2:

Thanks for your ideas. They are what I need.

On our last 2 cruises I did use the 3D decorations and it made it much easier to locate our rooms. I hope to surprise the children this year with banners and signs. The only thing about banners is Tape.

I'm gonna go back and look at some threads at the insides of the cabins and the hallways.

Thanks again!!!

I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see the stateroom attendants face when he/she sees your banner. I know the staff is going to love it. Umm, I don't think I want to be a fly on the wall b/c I'd get killed....no thanks. Is that worth a chuckle?

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

StuartMI, I hope you don't mind if I use your picture. Those of you who were thinking of hanging a banner outside your cabin door, this picture might help.
tn_100_0762.jpg

ohMom said:
krsndisney -- thanks for your reply to my question

in light of all the sidetrack discussion today - i think i'll ask again for any others that may have info for me :)

does anyone have; or have seen; clipart of any character, Micker preferred, flying an airplane. krsndisney was kind enough to suggest scanning a pic, but i don't have anything that i can think of

TIA

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/kaelanariale/pins/03/94.jpg

Hope this works for you. :)

timswoman said:
The only thing about banners is Tape.

I can solve this!!! Go to a store that sells teacher's supplies an ask for "Fun Tack". It is blue (dont' get the white kind....it's terrible). Anyway, you just put some pieces on the back about the size of a dime. It sticks to the wall well and holds up your sign(s). I would make one suggestion, though. Put a piece of tape on the back of the sign (not rolled up, just flat against the paper) and stick the Fun Tack to the tape because the Fun Tack will create an oily mark on the sign. It is perfectly safe for the walls, as we use it in the classroom all the time! :teacher:

By the way, I'm the poster looking for the Fab 5 balloon image. Thanks for sending that on, several of you! :)

You know, if you could do a banner across four doors, it would be neat to do a Disney Character alphabet. Ariel, Baloo, Cinderella, Dopey, etc. And you could put life preservers after so many characters to keep the cruise theme. Or lime green mickey heads. :teeth: Ya think? I don't know.

It's late and I just read this whole thread. I was checking out the cruises on some websites today and this thread and you all make them seem even more fun. :goodvibes

Peg911 said:
...another neat font site (and free)

www.dafont.com

Peggy:

That is so cool! I was checking out the Christmas fonts, and there is one in there for a Mickey Christmas that puts a Mickey Head in the middle of each capital letter. Pretty cool! :cool1:

Here is our door sings from our 3 night cruise...the top one was for it being our "Maiden Voyage" and the other was to honor the DH's b-day...Been trying to get these posted forever!
DSC01404.jpg

What beautiful signs. Great job.

UGAFan0829 said:
Here is our door sings from our 3 night cruise...the top one was for it being our "Maiden Voyage" and the other was to honor the DH's b-day...Been trying to get these posted forever!
DSC01404.jpg

Any personal preference for Magic Artist or Magic Artist Deluxe? I'm also looking at Printmaster Silver and Printshop 12. :goodvibes TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter