What do you mail down ahead of arriving?

Dennfamily4

Mouseketeer
Just curious of the items folks mail down to Disney pre-arriving?

I noticed folks send snacks/first aid supplies but I'm curious about what other items I should think about sending down.

Can I send a small coffee maker? I'm staying at POP and I know there's not one in our room. Is this a no-no or can I?

We sent down our coffee maker last time. There are a few good coffee carts around Disney World, but mostly all you can find is the nasty Nescafe instant coffee. We made our own coffee every morning in our room at the All Star Sports resort.

We sent a big box down with the coffee maker and diapers and snacks. Our 5 year old was a big cereal eater at the time, so we also sent down a cooler, cereal, and plastic bowls and spoons. You can buy milk and some other basic food supplies at most resort gift shops, so we bought milk and kept it in the cooler.

We were also able to send the box back home through the front desk via UPS.

We eat all our meals in the villas, so we sent down all the non-perishables. I save the box and whatever is left over, I ship home as well.

6 pack bottled water, laundry soap, tin foil, bagged spices for chops, lemon juice concentrate, tinkerbell hat, bisquick-2 cups, 2 mac and cheese, vegetable oil - small brownie mix , mayo-sm, zip lock bags- 2 sizes,bulk sweet and low, meat loaf bag, pouch bag for back of door, canned corn, Mickey ears, granola, canned sauce, oatmeal - me, Clorox wipes, canned tomatoes, onion - 3, power strip, cinnamon, peanut butter-sm, marshmallows, collapsible hamper, popcorn-5 packs, hanging shelf unit, corn flakes, Potatoes- 5, Chlorox Wipes, 3 M removable hooks, dip mixes-3, syrup, dry drink mix, tea bags, dryer sheets, Toiletries - if we do carry on, Baggalini bag, garlic sound machine, Halloween costumes,glow sticks , DVDs to watch – 4,honey mustard dressing , Tupperware flat containers
hot pepper flakes , water bottles w/fans,jelly-sm , Halloween items
lasagne noodles , beach tag holders, brita water pitcher and filter.

I sent down breakfast food (poptarts, cereal bars, cereal) We do the DDP, but eat breakfast in our room before heading to the parks. Also, some snacks (cookies, crackers, trail mix) I brought bottled water in the van. We had 7 people and all their luggage, so didn't have much room in the mini-van. I also, threw in there our ponchos. It was about 18lbs. Not too bad. I have done this twice with no problems.

When we went for 2 wks I mailed down everything :upsidedow:upsidedow We walked on the plane with a carry on for the 3 of us and that was it. I mailed 3 large boxes down (cost about $100) and they were waiting for us when we got there (and I mailed 7 boxes home :scared1: :rolleyes1 )

We eat all our meals in the villas, so we sent down all the non-perishables. I save the box and whatever is left over, I ship home as well.

6 pack bottled water, laundry soap, tin foil, bagged spices for chops, lemon juice concentrate, tinkerbell hat, bisquick-2 cups, 2 mac and cheese, vegetable oil - small brownie mix , mayo-sm, zip lock bags- 2 sizes,bulk sweet and low, meat loaf bag, pouch bag for back of door, canned corn, Mickey ears, granola, canned sauce, oatmeal - me, Clorox wipes, canned tomatoes, onion - 3, power strip, cinnamon, peanut butter-sm, marshmallows, collapsible hamper, popcorn-5 packs, hanging shelf unit, corn flakes, Potatoes- 5, Chlorox Wipes, 3 M removable hooks, dip mixes-3, syrup, dry drink mix, tea bags, dryer sheets, Toiletries - if we do carry on, Baggalini bag, garlic sound machine, Halloween costumes,glow sticks , DVDs to watch – 4,honey mustard dressing , Tupperware flat containers
Yum I want to be "guest". You sound like a great cook.

...can I arrange to mail a package from the resort back to my home at the front desk? I'm thinking of mailing down/back an aerobed to give us a bit more room!

We shipped cereal, poptarts, snacks, plastic ware, popup hamper, window decorations and a power strip to the hotel. We shipped some of our dirty clothes home so we had room for our souveniers in our luggage.

Just curious.... how much did it cost to mail all that? Is it just for convenience of not carrying too much luggage or is it to save money on luggage fees? :upsidedow

We eat all our meals in the villas, so we sent down all the non-perishables... ...Clorox wipes, canned tomatoes, onion - 3, power strip, cinnamon, peanut butter-sm, marshmallows, collapsible hamper, popcorn-5 packs, hanging shelf unit, corn flakes, Potatoes- 5, Chlorox Wipes, 3 M removable hooks, dip mixes-3, syrup, dry drink mix, tea bags, dryer sheets, Toiletries - if we do carry on, Baggalini bag, garlic sound machine, Halloween costumes,glow sticks , DVDs to watch – 4,honey mustard dressing , Tupperware flat containers

is a GARLIC SOUND MACHINE?:rotfl:

A former CM had posted here about not shipping via US Mail. While it will work (eventually) it can be slowed to the point where your shipment misses your trip.

Details below:

Don't ship it through the Post Office... Here is why... The US Post Office does NOT recognize Disney streets, any and all mail being sent to Disney through the US Post Office will go to the PO Box (regardless of how you address it) as the post office does not deliver to Disney directly. From the PO Box it is sorted into sections and then specific locations before it is delivered out to property. This can take quite a bit of time.

UPs, Fed Ex, DHL, any kind of courier service will deliver directly to the hotel. My suggestion would be to get the package ready and send it out about 7 days prior to your arrival (you can send it further out if you like they will hold it). If you give yourself enough time you can ship it ground service which is the cheapest.

As for who to address it to you would want to address it like this:

The name of the person who is the LEAD name on the reservation (may not be you, but it is easier to find that way)
C/O the hotel you are staying at/ Front Desk
The address of the hotel
And put HOLD for guest check in and the date (you can put the res # too if you want, but it is not really needed).

So it would look something like this

John Smith
C/O Disney's Wilderness Lodge Front Desk
Hold for guest arrival 4/02
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830

Here is a list of the resort address' (again this can ONLY be used for courier services, US Post office will not deliver to the property directly)

Disney’s All Star Movies Resort
1991 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-7000
Disney’s All Star Music Resort 1801 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-6000
Disney’s All Star Sports Resort 1701 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-5000
Disney's Pop Century Resort 1050 Century Drive
Phone: 407-938-4000
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort 900 Cayman Way
Phone: 407-934-3400
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort 1000 West Buena Vista Drive
Phone: 407-939-1000
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter 2201 Orleans Drive
Phone: 407-934-5000
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside 1251 Riverside Drive
Phone: 407-934-6000
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge 2901 Osceola Pkwy.
Phone: 407-938-3000
Disney’s Contemporary Resort 4600 North World Drive
Phone: 407-824-1000
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa 4401 Floridian Way
Phone: 407-824-3000
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge 901 Timberline Dr.
Phone: 407-824-3200
Disney’s Polynesian Resort 1600 Seven Seas Drive
Phone: 407-824-2000
Disney’s Beach Club Resort 1800 West Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-934-8000
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort 1700 Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-934-7000
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn 2101 North W Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-939-5100
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort/Campground 4510 N Ft. Wilderness Trail
Phone: 407-824-2900
Disney’s Old Key West Resort 1510 North Cove Rd.
Phone: 407-827-7700
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort 1960 Broadway
Phone: 407-827-1100

Walt Disney World Dolphin
1500 Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-934-4000
Walt Disney World Swan 1200 Epcot Resort Blvd.
Phone: 407-934-3000

Shades of Green 1950 W. Magnolia Palm Dr.
Phone: 407-824-3400

All hotels are in Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 (Except Animal Kingdom Lodge which is Bay Lake, FL 32830).

Everything from clothes to food. We take a small carry on with enough for one day, just in case we can't get into room right away.

Here is my menu for the week.
Breakfasts - cereal, french toast, omelets, muffins.
Lunches - sandwiches, mac and cheese, salad.
Dinners - chicken marsala, skillet lasagne, chicken piccata, meatloaf, pork chops in a bag, 2 nights of leftovers. I make a side dish and salad with dinner.
Dessert- I also get a big tup of cookie dough and bake fresh cookies each night. I make a tray of brownies as well.
Snacks-carrots, chips, dip, pretzels, popcorn.

Garlic sound machine...lol. Supposed to be garlic, sound machine. I bring one of those machines that make white noise, in case the room is loud. Never had to use it but I bring it anyway.

We fedex our package down. Costs about $25. Pick up fee at CR was $10. I put the resort street address, our last name, ressie number and arrival date on the package as well. We have done this twice and it works out great. We also make a stop at Albertsons on the way to the resort to pick up lunch meats and wine (happy limo does this for free) as well as a garden grocer delivery. Once I unload everything, we are set for the week.

We have always rented homes down the shore so cooking on vacation is the norm. I figure that the money I save on food, I justify staying deluxe. Again, this isn't for everyone but my family loves it.

I was thinking of doing this for our May trip. With 4 kids our stuff ads up pretty quickly and to take it ALL on a plane seems crazy! We drove last time, only had 3 kids and driving a Suburban, and we barely had room for us! I over pack but still! Anyway, I plan on having a carry on for each of us and that's it, the rest is heading there via UPS. Besides, even if it costs me the same to ship as all the baggage fees, I can't get myself to pay an airline to bring my luggage...it's part of the deal IMHO. Plus at least UPS will get it there...lord only knows what the airline will do with my baggage!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter