What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I did something I hadn't done in a long time-stopped reading a book after about 40 pages. It was Wendy Markham's "If Only in my Dreams". Now I'm reading Joan Hess's "Damsels in Distress". I usually enjoy cozy mysteries, but lately they haven't been too funny. This one seems pretty good so far. Any other suggestions for some funny ones?

I just finished the Hunger Games Trilogy. I agree with others, the 3rd book was not my favorite, but at least I was not totally disappointed in the ending like I was with the last Inheritance book....

I am now starting Fifty Shades of Grey...should be fun..:laughing:

Someone mentioned the Ann Rice book about Snow White....yeah...that was another.........interesting book...:rolleyes1

Didn't love the last book nearly as much either ... funny that is the one being talked about splitting into two movies!

Just finished Kevin Smith's new autobiography "Tough S" which was pretty interesting. Next up "Voyagers of the Titanic".

Didn't love the last book nearly as much either ... funny that is the one being talked about splitting into two movies!

Just finished Kevin Smith's new autobiography "Tough S" which was pretty interesting. Next up "Voyagers of the Titanic".

They are probably just wanting to take advantage of the popularity of the series to make the most money they can.

I hope it's Catching Fire that gets split into two movies. There's so much happening in that book. But they'll probably split up Mockingjay to go for a big ending. :rolleyes:

I just started Everything We Ever Wanted by Sara Shepard. I've read the Pretty Little Liars series (I'm addicted) so I figure I'd give this book a shot.

I just finished "2030" by Albert Brooks. Very interesting book! I'm going to recommend it for our work book club. It's the year 2030 in the United States; cancer has been cured, so people are living longer and social security and health insurance can't handle it. Then "The Big One" earthquake hits Los Angeles, completely wipes out the city, and the US government doesn't have the money to rebuild.

Reading bits and pieces of "What to Expect the First Years" by Heidi Murkoff.
SO much info!!!!

I have started "The Erotomaniac" by Ian Gibson. So far blah put I really did love his book on Picasso so I will give it a few more chapters.

I am currently reading Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin, although I watched the movie last week and can't believe how very different it is from the book :confused3

I finished up my Lenten fiction fast with The Undead by Dick Teresi and The Story of English in 100 Words by David Crystal and I am so happy to report that I am now reading The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon!

I'm reading Pearl of China by Anchee Min for my book club. I am so bored! I don't know whether I'll finish reading it or not.

I just finished "2030" by Albert Brooks. Very interesting book! I'm going to recommend it for our work book club. It's the year 2030 in the United States; cancer has been cured, so people are living longer and social security and health insurance can't handle it. Then "The Big One" earthquake hits Los Angeles, completely wipes out the city, and the US government doesn't have the money to rebuild.

That sounds like a book that I would like to read!

I read The Help last week and loved it!

Now I am caving in and am going to start Fifty Shades of Grey since people in this thread seem to be enjoying it. We'll see!

I'm reading "Can You Keep a Secret?" by Sophie Kinsella. I'm enjoying it so far. The only thing is that I sometimes get a little confused with the terminology-it takes place in the UK, and they use a few words I'm not familiar with. I wanted to try some funny, chick lit and this was all I could find. Any other recommendations for funny chick lit?

I'm reading Remember Me by Christopher Pike. He wrote teen books in the 90s and this is a re-release of a trilogy from then that I never read. Recently I've read the Fifty Shades of Grey series and I think I'll start Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult next!

I'm waiting for a copy of Fifty Shades of Gray. I keep hearing about it and I'm going to read it, raunchy or not. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter