What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby

DIS Veteran
Since our other thread was closed due to page length, I decided to begin another. If someone else already has, we'll just let this one die, but please let me know so I can change the title.

So, I'll still reading The Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan. It's the 5th book of his Wheel of Time series. I'm loving it and can't hardly put it down.

Update:

I'm starting a list of books here so you can see what everyone is reading. They will be listed by author. A series will be listed by that series name. Thank you for the idea yellowfish78!

You can also go to www.goodreads.com and join the DISreaders group started there by Kathi OD. Look for it in the search menu.

A good place to look for authors and books is www.fantasticfiction.com

BOOK LIST

Jean Auel
Earth Child series

Dennis Batchelder
Soul series

Gene Bauer
Farm Sanctuary

Elizabeth Berg
Committed
Eat, Pray, Love

Steve Berry
The Charlemange Pursuit

Terri Blackstock
Intervention
Restoration series

Alan Bradley
Flavia DeLuce Mystery series

Geraldine Brooks
March

Max Brooks
World War Z

Sandra Brown
Rainwater

Belinda Carlisle
Lips Unseales

Stephen Carpenter
Killer

Norman F. Cantor
In the Wake of the Plague

Agatha Christie
The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

Forrest Church
Love and Death: My Journey through the Valley of the Shadow

Suzanne Collins
Hunger Game series

Stephen Coonts
Liars and Thieves

Gwen Cooper
Homer's Odyssey

Michael Crichton
Timeline

Jenny Cruisie and Bob Mayer
Wild Ride

Clive Cussler and Justin Scott
The Wrecker

James Dashner
13th Reality series

Laurie Fabiano
Elizabeth Street

Juliette Fay
Shelter Me

Jasper Fforde
Thursday Next series

Jamie Ford
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet

Jonathan Franklin
33 Men: Inside the Miraculous Survival and Dramatic Rescue of the Chilean Miners

Oscar Fraley
The Untouchables

Gillian G. Gaar
Green Day - Rebels With a Cause

Diana Gabaldon
Outlander series

Julie Glass
The Whole World Over

Lucy Grealy
Autobiography of a Face

Emily Griffin
Heart of the Matter

John Grisham
The Street Lawyer

Karen Hancock
Light of Eiden

Thich Nhat Hanh and Lilian WY Cheung
Savor

Kristin Hannah
Night Road
True Colors

Charlene Harris
Southern Vampire series

Kathryn Hughes
The Short Life and Long Times of Mrs. Beeton

Warren Jeffs
Stolen Innocence

Robert Jordan
Wheel of Time series

Stephen King
The Colorado Kid
The Long Walk
Under the Dome

Sophie Kinsella
Twenties Girl
Shopaholic series

Dean Koontz
Breathless

Elizabeth Kostova
The Swan Thieves

Maureen Lang
Whisper on the Wind

David Lebovitz
The Sweet Life in Paris

Judith Levine
Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping

Debbie Macomber
The Blossom Street series
The Cedar Cove series
The Manning Brides

Melissa Marr
Ink Exchange

Fern Michaels
Sisterhood series

Candice Millard
The River of Doubt

Kate Morton
Distant Hours
Forgotten Garden

Lauren Oliver
Before I Fall

Robert B. Parker
Double Play

Ann Patchett
Truth and Beauty

James Patterson
The Beach House

Jodi Picoult
House Rules
The Plain Truth
Sing You Home

Aprilynne Pike
Wings

Nora Roberts
Bride Quartet series
In The Garden series
Sign of Seven trilogy

JD Robb
In Death series

Karl Rove
Courage and Consequence

Carrie Ryan
Forest of Hands and Teeth Trilogy

R A Salvatore
The Dark Elf Trilogy

Mary Sharratt
The Vanishing Point

Anna Shreve
The Pilot's Wife

Rachel Simmons
Odd Girl Out

Rebecca Skloot
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

Nicholas Sparks
The Companion
Dear John

Danielle Steele
Big Girl

Amy Tan
Saving Fish From Drowning

Nancy Thayer
Belonging

Brad Thor
The Lions of Lucerne

Michael Lee West
Gone With a Handsomer Man

Elaine Viets
Murder Between the Covers

David Von Drehle
Triangle

JR Ward
Black Dagger Brotherhood series

Jennifer Weiner
In Her Shoes

Alison Weir
The Wars of the Roses

Karen White
The Girl on Legere Street
The House on Tradd Street

Susan Wiggs
The Lakeshore Chronicles

Oswald Wynd
The Ginger Tree

The Nora Roberts "Bride Quartet" series. They are wonderful! I've read the two that are already out, and can't wait for the third one which comes out April 24. I love that all 4 books feature the same characters, they just focus on one of them at a time in each book.

Thank you for starting this, I loved the other thread. I'm reading In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner & enjoying it.

The Nora Roberts "Bride Quartet" series. They are wonderful! I've read the two that are already out, and can't wait for the third one which comes out April 24. I love that all 4 books feature the same characters, they just focus on one of them at a time in each book.
I'll have to find these. I enjoy reading her series!

Still Alice about a 50 yr. old woman with early onset Alzheimers. Excellent so far!

Still Alice about a 50 yr. old woman with early onset Alzheimers. Excellent so far!

LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!

I am reading "House Rules" by Jodi Picoult which is OK...I usually LOVE her books, this one not so much and "Committed" by Elizabeth Berg, I LOVED "Eat, Pray, Love" but not liking "Committed" at all :confused3

Murder Between the Covers by Elaine Viets. I enjoy cozy mysteries.

I'll have to find these. I enjoy reading her series!

I like Nora Roberts in general, but I LOVE these books. The first one is Vision In White and the second one is Bed of Roses.

The series is about a group of 4 childhood girlfriends who all grow up and open a wedding business together called Vows. Each woman runs a different segment of the business.

The first book is about the wedding photographer and the second one is about the florist. I think the third is the one about the wedding cake baker and the last one is about the wedding planner.

I like Nora Roberts in general, but I LOVE these books. The first one is Vision In White and the second one is Bed of Roses.

The series is about a group of 4 childhood girlfriends who all grow up and open a wedding business together called Vows. Each woman runs a different segment of the business.

The first book is about the wedding photographer and the second one is about the florist. I think the third is the one about the wedding cake baker and the last one is about the wedding planner.

ITA :thumbsup2 I can also recommend her "In the Garden" series for a great way to start spring :goodvibes

I enjoyed lucking on the other thread, but I decided to join this one! I am currently reading The Help. I was reluctant to pick it up, but now I just can't put it down!

pinnie

Stolen Innocence about a girl who lived in a polygamous sect and was forced into marriage by Warren Jeffs.

Big Love fans will enjoy this book. Er, not that this poor girl's life was enjoyable, but that it gives you another look at the FLDS lifestyle.

I totally forgot about these books. I know I read the first one and possibly the second one ... I"ll have to look at the rest!

Eat, Pray, Love

I've only read the first couple pages of the first chapter. So far, its ok.

LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!

I am reading "House Rules" by Jodi Picoult which is OK...I usually LOVE her books, this one not so much and "Committed" by Elizabeth Berg, I LOVED "Eat, Pray, Love" but not liking "Committed" at all :confused3

good to hear. Someone brought it to me and said the same thing...that it was great!

I don't think Committed is by Elizabeth Berg if it is by the same lady who wrote Eat, Pray, Love. I love Elizabeth Berg but haven't read her newest.

Jenny Crusie and Bob Mayer's Wild Ride. For anybody who doesn't know she's a romance novelist and he's an action/adventure writer. They team up to write these male/female POV books.

The New York Times bestselling duo of Crusie and Mayer team up again with a hilarious paranormal novel that shows why the wildest ride at the Dreamland Amusement Park isn’t the roller coaster

Mary Alice Brannigan doesn’t believe in the supernatural. Nor does she expect to find that Dreamland, the decaying amusement park she’s been hired to restore, is a prison for the five Untouchables, the most powerful demons in the history of the world. Plus, there’s a guy she’s falling hard for, and there’s something about him that’s not quite right.
But rocky romances and demented demons aren’t the only problems in Dreamland: Mab’s also coping with a crooked politician, a supernatural raven, a secret government agency, an inexperienced sorceress, an unsettling inheritance, and some mind-boggling revelations from her past. As her personal demons wreck her newfound relationship and real demons wreck the park, Mab faces down immortal evil and discovers what everybody who’s ever been to an amusement park knows: The end of the ride is always the wildest

I'm reading The Diary of Anne Boleyn. Not as good as Phillipa Gregory's works, but enjoyable, nonetheless.

Next up is The Ultimate Gift for book club.

It turned out that everyone in our book group and throughout my county's library system hated Julie and Julia. All but 4 people, that is. Most liked the movie, though... because of Streep's portrayal of Julia. I started out thinking it wasn't that bad, but then I started wanting to slap the author for being such a whiny so and so.

Big Girl by Danielle Steel Thanks for starting this second thread. I got lots of great reads out of the last one. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter