What Are You Reading Right Now? Part II (Incomplete book list in 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this series in my "to read" pile. You'll have to let us know how it is. :)

Finished 'Something Borrowed' last night. Just started the next one - Something Blue. I hadn't realised that it was from the perspective of another one of the main characters.

I did enjoy the first one, although I think I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had read it before I saw the movie as I couldn't help but keep making comparisons because it was so different.

I'm reading "Can You Keep a Secret?" by Sophie Kinsella. I'm enjoying it so far. The only thing is that I sometimes get a little confused with the terminology-it takes place in the UK, and they use a few words I'm not familiar with. I wanted to try some funny, chick lit and this was all I could find. Any other recommendations for funny chick lit?

Feel free to ask if you need any help with the UK-isms. I like a lot of Sophie Kinsella's books - the Shopaholic books are a good series, although the first one is undoubtedly the best. Marion Keyes' books are also good - Watermelon and Sushi for Beginners are two of my faves. They are also set in the UK, though. Her earlier stuff is better than the most recent.

Chris Manby, Deep Heat, is quite a good book too. Easy reading.

I'm waiting for a copy of Fifty Shades of Gray. I keep hearing about it and I'm going to read it, raunchy or not. :)

LOL I'm on the waiting list at my library too. I've heard some much from this thread I had to give it a try.

Recently, I've read:

Rules by Cynthia Lord, a youth fiction book that my DD10 wanted me to read~ loved it! Very relatable if you are close to a handicapped child

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban~ re-reading the series

Girl With the Dragon Tattoo~ took me a while to get into it, but once I got half-way through, took me 3 days to finish, liked it, can't wait to read the next book

Life of Pi~ has been on my book list forever, figured I'd knock it out. Ugh. Really disliked this book and did not get it's zen experience everyone said I would.

I'm currently reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and The Old Man and the Sea.

I can't reserve books at the library until my DS17 pays off the $40 fines he has on my card. I'm hiding it from now on. :mad:

I'm reading True Colors by Kristin Hannah. It's been slow getting into it, but I'm starting to like it better.

I just finished Bossypants by Tina Fey...I wouldn't normally be interested in reading a celebrity autobiography, but I had heard good things about her book and I already liked her from SNL and 30 Rock anyways...I'm glad I read it!

Not sure what to read next...I keep saying I am going to jump on the Fifty Shades of Grey bandwagon...we'll see!

I just finished Bossypants by Tina Fey...I wouldn't normally be interested in reading a celebrity autobiography, but I had heard good things about her book and I already liked her from SNL and 30 Rock anyways...I'm glad I read it!

Not sure what to read next...I keep saying I am going to jump on the Fifty Shades of Grey bandwagon...we'll see!

I know you said you just finished reading the book, but if you have a chance to listen to the audiobook of Bossypants, you definitely should! I listened to it on a trip about a month ago and it was hilarious! I'm not normally an audiobook person, but I loved Tina Fey's reading.

Right now, I'm reading Spies of Mississippi by Rick Bowers. It's about the Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission of the 50s and 60s that tried to prevent de-segregation in Mississippi. It's really interesting, even though it's a YA book.

Is anyone here on Goodreads? I'm a Goodreads addict! :thumbsup2

Just finished Catching Fire, I thought it started out a bit slow, but overall I liked just as much as the first. I'll be starting Mockingjay soon, but am not very excited about it since so many people have said that it isn't as good as the first two.

I'm reading Peter the Great by Richard Massie. It's non-fiction that is written as if it's fiction. Very well done.

I just finished The Descendants.

Now I had not watched the movie but knew George Clooney was cast in the part of the husband so that is who I visualised when reading.
This proved a problem.

Who on gods green earth thought it was believable to cast George Clooney as a guy whos wife had an affair !!!!!

Really....really. :confused:

Just finished Catching Fire, I thought it started out a bit slow, but overall I liked just as much as the first. I'll be starting Mockingjay soon, but am not very excited about it since so many people have said that it isn't as good as the first two.
I don't think it wasn't as good, I just didn't like the way it ended so much, but it made sense to end how it did.

finished up the 50 Shades trilogy..moved on to Voilets of March, it was OK..I wouldn't recommend it. I enjoyed reading it but nothing worth taking note of. Right now, I am reading Tanglewood Plantation. Nice story of romance, ghosts and American history. I'm really enjoying it...once again, nothing award winning but a really good read

I am currently reading three books Fever by Lauren DeStefano and The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks. Both are good so far. I would highly recommend the first book by Lauren DeStefano, Wither. Fever is the sequel and they are both great.

I just finished The Descendants.

Now I had not watched the movie but knew George Clooney was cast in the part of the husband so that is who I visualised when reading.
This proved a problem.

Who on gods green earth thought it was believable to cast George Clooney as a guy whos wife had an affair !!!!!

Really....really. :confused:
I saw the movie & actually really liked George Clooney in the role.

.....just finished reading Mockingjay,the 3rd installment in the Hunger Games series. I couldn't put the books down!

I'm late to the party, but I'm reading, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. The beginning is dragging along. I know it must get better from all the rave reviews it's received. So I'm plodding along.

I'm late to the party, but I'm reading, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. The beginning is dragging along. I know it must get better from all the rave reviews it's received. So I'm plodding along.

Got to be honest, I didn't enjoy the book at all. I just coulnd't get into it. I persevered because of all the rave reviews but it took me ages to read and, when I finished it, I just knew I wouldn't be able to read the other two.

I am currently reading Secret Lives by Diane Chamberlain. Normally I love her bookd but am struggling with this one. DOn't know whether it's because I don't seem to have enough time to actually sit and get into it properly at the moment so am reading it in dribs and drabs.

I really enjoyed the second Emily Giffin book, Something Blue :thumbsup2

Got to be honest, I didn't enjoy the book at all. I just coulnd't get into it. I persevered because of all the rave reviews but it took me ages to read and, when I finished it, I just knew I wouldn't be able to read the other two.

I am currently reading Secret Lives by Diane Chamberlain. Normally I love her bookd but am struggling with this one. DOn't know whether it's because I don't seem to have enough time to actually sit and get into it properly at the moment so am reading it in dribs and drabs.

I really enjoyed the second Emily Giffin book, Something Blue :thumbsup2

Thank you for sharing your experience. :) I won't feel bad if it doesn't take off for me and I don't finish. :upsidedow

But I will keep giving it a try for a little longer.

I know you said you just finished reading the book, but if you have a chance to listen to the audiobook of Bossypants, you definitely should! I listened to it on a trip about a month ago and it was hilarious! I'm not normally an audiobook person, but I loved Tina Fey's reading.

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely download the audiobook and put it on my iPhone to listen to in the car, I liked the book and I love her and I bet you're right that it is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter