What are you getting your TEEN DD's THis Christmas 2013 thread

Thanks I'll check Target for the holiday pack. Since I know what they are now, I do notice the single ones at the checkout. I'll take a look in the make up aisles.

Found the holiday pack at an end cap near make up and hair items :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I ended up with lOTS of smaller items but really cute. Macy's has a black leather skull studded purse for 12.99 that I got on line..sounds scarey but it is really cute! Demi Livato has a nice 365 day of inspiration book I got today. Page a day with famous quote from others and a message from her. I liked it. Got that...

We are not buying anything big this year. They have IPads, computers, PS3, and other game systems, lots of games. They really have everything they need. I am buying just a lot of little stuff (less than $15 each). DD15 is into BBC shows. She loves Dr Who, Merlin, and Sherlock, so I have bought her some things related to these shows. I have bought her the ones with a check mark.

DD15
Dr Who 2014 Calendar, Dr Who Encyclopedia, Dr Who poster √
Sherlock poster, Sherlock book official companion √
Merlin annual 2012 book, Merlin guide book √, Merlin Charm Bracelet
i > u T-shirt from ThinkGeek√
Grumpy cat book (she loves cats) √
Funglish board game √
A lap desk √
Ear cuff √
Rock SAT with music book √
Tony Stark light-up T-shirt (maybe)
Arthur lives T-shirt (Cafepress)
PJ
Scarf
A few pieces of jewelry
Monogrammed necklace
Toolbox for girls (pink) (DH will be showing her how to fix a few things; I always wanted to learn, but never had anyone to teach me).

DD13
I > u T-shirt √
ELF Disney Villain make up (Walgreens) √
Loaded Questions board game √
A lap desk √
Taboo board game
Taylor swift or One Direction perfume
Just Dance 2014
PJ
Shower bath stuff
E.L.F Disney Villain nail polishes (Walgreens)
A few pieces of jewelry
Ear Cuff
Monogrammed necklace
Toolbox for girls

DD12 has a pretty small list this year.

Blue Beats Solo (will probably get)
iPhone 5 (not happening)
Nail polish rack (http://www.amazon.com/Bottles-Nail-...d=1384963641&sr=8-2&keywords=nail+polish+rack)
Amazon gift card
itunes card
Nail polish

She got a Kindle Fire a couple months ago and that is considered part of a Christmas gift.

DD LOVES to paint her nails/toes and switches out polish every couple days. She just got some nail dotting tools from Amazon for a couple dollars and loves them. http://www.amazon.com/World-Pride-M...889&sr=8-4&keywords=nail+polish+dotting+tools So dotting tools would be an idea for a girl that likes to paint her nails/toes.

Other than that, I'm stumped. :confused:

Oops, forgot to add she wants/will get the 1D perfume.

Jana- are the Amazon gift cards for use to purchase apps/games/music on the Kindle? Trying to figure out what gift cards to buy for DD when she gts her Kindle. Similar to itunes carda
S for ipod/iphone.

Jana- are the Amazon gift cards for use to purchase apps/games/music on the Kindle? Trying to figure out what gift cards to buy for DD when she gts her Kindle. Similar to itunes carda
S for ipod/iphone.

Yes, we buy both Amazon and Kindle gift cards. They work the same. :)

DD12 has a pretty small list this year.

Blue Beats Solo (will probably get)
iPhone 5 (not happening)
Nail polish rack (http://www.amazon.com/Bottles-Nail-...d=1384963641&sr=8-2&keywords=nail+polish+rack)
Amazon gift card
itunes card
Nail polish

She got a Kindle Fire a couple months ago and that is considered part of a Christmas gift.

DD LOVES to paint her nails/toes and switches out polish every couple days. She just got some nail dotting tools from Amazon for a couple dollars and loves them. http://www.amazon.com/World-Pride-M...889&sr=8-4&keywords=nail+polish+dotting+tools So dotting tools would be an idea for a girl that likes to paint her nails/toes.

Other than that, I'm stumped. :confused:

Oops, forgot to add she wants/will get the 1D perfume.

Haha, I knew your checking out your link would be a mistake. Awesome! My dd11 would love a nail polish rack! Ty :rotfl:

DD13 list

Laptop
Books
One Direction tickets (no idea of where they are touring)
Movies
Clothes
New tennis

Any ideas on laptop Black Friday deals or Amazon?

We ended up purchasing this one for DD since we don't like to fight the crowds on Black Friday, but I did notice Wal-Mart and Best Buy will have laptops starting at about $178+

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/satelli...1.p?id=1219060689174&skuId=1689021&st=toshiba satellite&cp=1&lp=1

DD needs a new computer as her's died a few months ago, and I'm sick of her borrowing mine. So will this kind of computer be enough to last her through college? It seems rather inexpensive, and I'm worried it won't be fast enough or sturdy enough to last her. She liked her last one that was a Toshiba, but I know absolutely nothing about computers and it was around $500 but that was several years ago so I know prices come down. So what is going to be the big difference between this and a $500 Toshiba. I'm so clueless, but I like that price. I can add in Office student and Kaspersky and get out for around $400. Is there any other software a college student might use?

DD needs a new computer as her's died a few months ago, and I'm sick of her borrowing mine. So will this kind of computer be enough to last her through college? It seems rather inexpensive, and I'm worried it won't be fast enough or sturdy enough to last her. She liked her last one that was a Toshiba, but I know absolutely nothing about computers and it was around $500 but that was several years ago so I know prices come down. So what is going to be the big difference between this and a $500 Toshiba. I'm so clueless, but I like that price. I can add in Office student and Kaspersky and get out for around $400. Is there any other software a college student might use?

To be honest, I don't know. I haven't done anything to this laptop other than power it up just to make sure everything was in working order. Considering that we're replacing a 6yr old laptop that she's currently using, I know it will be a vast improvement for DD12. Hopefully someone else can chime in that can give you a better idea w/ regard to your questions :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter